Sponsored by:

2002 Carreras windshield washer/headlight washer issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 11:06 AM
jrrhdmust
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 2002 Carreras windshield washer/headlight washer issue

So a few months ago a deer ran into the side of my car and I had a shop make the repairs.

A couple of months after that event, I noticed when I activated the windshield washer the headlight washer would come on, and trying to activate the headlight washers nothing happened. I was thinking they probably reversed the lines, and maybe a bad pump.

So I finally got around to pulling the left front wheel liner and checked things out. On my car there is no way to reverse the lines and pumps. The pumps are different sizes, and the water lines are different sizes. However, the wiring connectors ARE interchangeable, so I reversed them back, and then found a fuse blown.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Reads like the shop missed some wiring/connector damage or the same got damaged during the repair.

(I hit a mule deer with my 996 Turbo and not only did the impact ruin the passenger side headlight (and and a lot of other things) we found that the connector the headlight connected with was also damaged and had to be replaced.)

In CA a body shop is on the hook forever for any repairs for as long as you own the car. I do not know the laws/rules where you are but you need to do a bit of research.

Also, it could be the problem is not related to the accident or its repairs.

So do you take the car back to the repair shop and have this looked into? And what do you do should the shop determine the problem is not related to anything it did or didn't do?

Or do you take the car elsewhere and have this looked into? And what do you do if the shop finds the problem related to the repairs?

Just something to think about.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:43 PM
jrrhdmust
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I know that they are on the hook for the repair. It is a great shop! I just don't have time to give them the car to figure out. It was a pain and I learned a lot. I think the washer pump is bad it blows fuses.

Quick Reply: 2002 Carreras windshield washer/headlight washer issue