Today's Craigslist Finds...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 12:27 PM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by texranger
Good deal there..
Looks very promising if someone wants silver/black... from looking at the stitching around the dash, this car has full leather package. It also has the smaller exhaust tips, so it seems to be a relatively early '99.

This could be a great car to drive long term and not give a damn about miles...
Old 03-28-2017, 12:35 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jaetee
Looks very promising if someone wants silver/black... from looking at the stitching around the dash, this car has full leather package.
I don't see any any stitching and other than on the speaker grills I can't think of any stitching in ours which is double full leather (seriously, there are 2 different full leather options on it).

As far as the dash itself, they armor all'd it to hell and back so it's hard to tell what it is. I can tell you that the areas around the vents, the horseshoe, and the center console are plastic though, so not entirely full leather.

This could be a great car to drive long term and not give a damn about miles...
Yeah at that price it is tempting to start a collection like Slakker...
Old 03-28-2017, 03:00 PM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gnat
I don't see any any stitching and other than on the speaker grills I can't think of any stitching in ours which is double full leather (seriously, there are 2 different full leather options on it).

As far as the dash itself, they armor all'd it to hell and back so it's hard to tell what it is. I can tell you that the areas around the vents, the horseshoe, and the center console are plastic though, so not entirely full leather.

Yeah at that price it is tempting to start a collection like Slakker...
The stitiching around the elongated dash gauge popup oval is definitely a sign of leather interior upgrade, best visible if you look at pic 9 and zoom in as much as you can on your PC. It may not be the full leather upgrade all the way out to the vents and such, but I'd bet the door panels and dash are leather... Center console looks standard, whereas the full leather center consoles and armrest compartments usually have a similar double-stitch as well. It would be good to see the build-sheet or under-hood sticker on that one.

Had I not just bought my 2000 Millenium Edition, I'd be all over that car.... The mileage wouldn't scare me.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:11 PM
stan23
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VivG
Feedback wanted. Is my car priced reasonably?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/6059012035.html

If not, suggestions as to what a reasonable price is would be much appreciated.
I think it's a tad high. Perhaps that is why you're not getting any bites?

When I put my car on the market, I put it up for a fair price, and several offers for my asking right away. The market pretty much dictates the price of the car. I bet if you drop 3-4K, you'll probably get it sold in a few weeks.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:26 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jaetee
The stitiching around the elongated dash gauge popup oval is definitely a sign of leather interior upgrade, best visible if you look at pic 9 and zoom in as much as you can on your PC.
Ah yeah, now I see it and seeing it makes me recall it in ours as well. I guess after staring at it so long you just forget some details. That or I'm getting senile in my 40s...

Had I not just bought my 2000 Millenium Edition, I'd be all over that car.... The mileage wouldn't scare me.
I forget, does the ME have the leather vent slats? I know it has more than the standard full leather, but I can't remember if it was "herd-o-cattle" level or not...
Old 03-28-2017, 03:31 PM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

Ah yeah, now I see it and seeing it makes me recall it in ours as well. I guess after staring at it so long you just forget some details. That or I'm getting senile in my 40s...

I forget, does the ME have the leather vent slats? I know it has more than the standard full leather, but I can't remember if it was "herd-o-cattle" level or not...
The leather on my ME is on dash, the door panels, center console and rear side panels, but not the vents. There is a black plastic bezel that goes along the entire outer frame of the dash under the security system blinky light that leads to the vents and gives it a two-tone look. So, maybe a 7/8 of the herd-o-cattle level.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:00 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Ahh. Maybe I should take some pictures to show you chumps what FULL leather really means
Old 03-28-2017, 05:40 PM
JimmyB
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Perhaps I'll add wood vent surrounds to mine just to upset the purists
Old 03-28-2017, 06:05 PM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

Ahh. Maybe I should take some pictures to show you chumps what FULL leather really means
You tease....

Originally Posted by JimmyB
Perhaps I'll add wood vent surrounds to mine just to upset the purists
Nice. Fuzzy dice are a good look too!
Old 03-28-2017, 06:11 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

A nice neon green under-glo setup should really make it pop
Old 03-29-2017, 03:04 AM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts
Default Couple of nice 03's

https://www.carfax.com/vehicles/WP0A...rera--columbus

https://www.carfax.com/vehicles/WP0C...carrera--tampa

And a clean low mile AE
https://www.carfax.com/vehicles/WP0A...rsary--hickory

Last edited by 808Bill; 03-29-2017 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:14 PM
MikeinBloomfield
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I posted this over in my thread about what I'm looking for, but what does everyone think of this one:

https://www.carfax.com/vehicles/WP0A...a--harbor-city
Old 03-29-2017, 12:23 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeinBloomfield
I posted this over in my thread about what I'm looking for, but what does everyone think of this one:

https://www.carfax.com/vehicles/WP0A...a--harbor-city
Cosmetics look fine in pics. Needs motor mounts badly. In my limited experience, if the MM have been deferred it will also need in the next 12-18 months:
Water pump
Ign key elec module
Starter-alt Y cable
Front trans mount
Invasive rads cleaning

Nothing big or costly, just a catch up of things not yet done unless documented.
Ask them to take a pic of the option sticker behind the inside frunk latch and send it to you.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:28 PM
MikeinBloomfield
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by docmirror
Cosmetics look fine in pics. Needs motor mounts badly. In my limited experience, if the MM have been deferred it will also need in the next 12-18 months:
Water pump
Ign key elec module
Starter-alt Y cable
Front trans mount
Invasive rads cleaning

Nothing big or costly, just a catch up of things not yet done unless documented.
Ask them to take a pic of the option sticker behind the inside frunk latch and send it to you.
Thanks Doc, good info. I sent them an email the other day asking if they had any documentation and got back a form letter with the ad again and "other cars I may be interested in." If I pursue it'll have to be over the phone.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:29 PM
MikeinBloomfield
Burning Brakes

Should have included this one above. The price and this color are right. Looks to need motor mounts too.

https://www.carfax.com/vehicles/WP0A...-breaux-bridge

SOLD!

Last edited by MikeinBloomfield; 03-29-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Today's Craigslist Finds...