996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Road trip to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Peter_S03
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well we are home a bit earlier than planned. Rest from the trip. 1st reason Arthur , second my left knee, 3rd, very frustrated with drivers on the interstate, they really have NO clue on how to drive on them !!!
In Canada it was a bit better.
NO common sense with drivers in this country, and its getting worse !! . Have lived in the USA most of my life
Just some adjectives describing the morons on the road !! selfish , egotistical, idiots, and NO COMMON SENSE !! The left lane was most of the time built up with a
"train" of 7 to 12 cars, blind leading the blind . doing the speed limit at the most, with no one in front or next to, forced me to spend most of the time passing on the R, among the RV's and truck, and the slower traffic. Blinking the H lamps , was recognize by a hand full every 20 cars.
Such wonderful roads we have , these people are not worthy to drive them.
I have come to the conclusion that the German Interstate roads are the best driven the world !! maybe smarter drivers he ??
The 996 did wonderfully !!! Gas in Canada almost 7.00 $ a Gal. but 94 octane . Courteus drivers .
I 95 very congested , lots of condtruction , and bumper to bumper driving, never again. Have done it glad we did.
Next , year, maybe Yellowstone Park. and parts of cal, .
For the time been , will participate on 4 day road trips , organized by the local , PCA regions in Fl.
Next one to the Ga/ NC/Ten, mount. in Aug.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Topwind
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trip around DC and NYC will be very heavy throughout the day during summer months. Only time to avoid delays is during wee hours of the morning and sometimes that's not true due to construction activity. Be sure to pack plenty of "patience" and enjoy your trip.

Quick Reply: Road trip to Canada