Sponsored by:

A few more small mods planned.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 01:27 PM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A few more small mods planned.

So, my wife has cleared me for a few more small mods. Here's what I got planned.

- Arctic silver bumperettes
- Audiovox Dice Uni200
- Porsche 997 SSK
- refinish 2 Sport Techno wheels

I welcome input.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

Input?
Get it done before she moves to the next stage of her cycle.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:22 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Brave man to welcome input.
Ok, cheap & easy mods to add to the list while she's in an agreeable mood (apologies for any you've already completed):
-smoke side markers
-LED interior, trunk & engine compartment bulbs
-Aux input cable for stock stereo
-smoke side markers
-Ultimate cupholders
-Ashtray delete console cubby
-smoke side markers
-CD holder replacement with cubby
-Cigarette lighter receptacle replacement with one that will work with a charger
-smoke side markers

Although not cheap (about $750 total from ECS Tuning), my favorite mod so far, something that I appreciate every time I drive the car, was swapping my plain jane e-brake handle and gearshift **** and boot with aluminum trimmed models, the gearshift adding a Porsche crest.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:33 PM
KoB
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

kcattorney made a lot of good suggestions. What I did to address the Bluetooth/iPod input stuff was to install a Kenwood double DIN head unit with nav. I don't listen to music that much, but I like music -- or even a booK on CD -- if a few hours of Interstates are involved. I don't use the nav that often, but when I've needed it, it has been really useful. The other cool thing is answering the phone while driving along with the top down. You can't hear a damn thing, but your caller will be really envious when you tell them, "I can't hear you because I am driving around with the top down."

Dunno what your budget is on the shifter, but I recently installed a Numeric Racing shifter and could not be happier with it. I had planned on installing a 997 SSK but had the opportunity to get in on the tail end of a group buy and decided to pull the trigger on the Numeric. It isn't cheap, but it is beautifully made and the shifts feel solid and precise. It makes the car much more enjoyable to drive.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:19 PM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

Thanks all. I should of clarified the mods I've already done:
- Clear/smoked side markers
- JBL gto speakers and Dynamat lined in sub box
- smokers delete and cd shelf delete
- bumperplugs front

Interior led is a good idea. I'll add then to the list. I don't want to do full stereo upgrade. I was ready to do the becker aux in upgrade, but learned it is mono.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:23 PM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Brave man to welcome input. Ok, cheap & easy mods to add to the list while she's in an agreeable mood (apologies for any you've already completed): -smoke side markers -LED interior, trunk & engine compartment bulbs -Aux input cable for stock stereo -smoke side markers -Ultimate cupholders -Ashtray delete console cubby -smoke side markers -CD holder replacement with cubby -Cigarette lighter receptacle replacement with one that will work with a charger -smoke side markers Although not cheap (about $750 total from ECS Tuning), my favorite mod so far, something that I appreciate every time I drive the car, was swapping my plain jane e-brake handle and gearshift **** and boot with aluminum trimmed models, the gearshift adding a Porsche crest.
Thanks kcattorney. I've got the alumalook shifter and ebrake and painted face dials. My lighter works with a charger. Yours doesn't?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:07 PM
KoB
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adcampo
Thanks kcattorney. I've got the alumalook shifter and ebrake and painted face dials. My lighter works with a charger. Yours doesn't?
Looks like you have a 996.2 ... 996.1's came with the Euro lighter which was slightly larger. The mod that kcattorney referenced is a kit that swaps out the Euro lighter socket for a 997 part that is the standard SAE size. Costs about 25 bucks from Suncoast.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:57 AM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KoB
Looks like you have a 996.2 ... 996.1's came with the Euro lighter which was slightly larger. The mod that kcattorney referenced is a kit that swaps out the Euro lighter socket for a 997 part that is the standard SAE size. Costs about 25 bucks from Suncoast.
Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, mine is a 04 4S cab.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:17 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Screw the appearance and radio mods.

Fister D! Fister D! Fister D!

(Of course I should probably admit that I have clear corners, aluminum gauge trim rings, a Denison iPhone cable, and red/black Coco Mats - and Fister Ds!)

Quick Reply: A few more small mods planned.