996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

SATURDAY Dec 14th Los Angeles Cars and Coffee + Angeles Crest Highway meet :D

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 07:03 PM
SubzeroX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SATURDAY Dec 14th Los Angeles Cars and Coffee + Angeles Crest Highway meet :D

Idea taken from Peet's cars and coffee in Pennsylvania, but since I don't live out there anymore, i'm back in WARM LA

I'd love to take the Pcar up for a gentle but spirited drive up angeles crest on Saturday morning (i dont want any tickets nor accidents, nor anyone trying to to "race") then grab some coffee at a local starbucks.

I figure we can meet at the Sport Chalet in La Canada on the bottom of the mountain on foothill/ACH at around 8am, drive up the ACH until a predetermined point, and head back down and have some coffee.

I think it'll be a good opportunity for those in/around LA to meet up..

who's in??

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2+cha...m&z=14&iwloc=A
Old 12-09-2013, 07:49 PM
WanderingPurist
Advanced

Default I would be

It's a great idea, but Angeles Crest runs the risk of being closed quite low down into La Canada and the run wouldn't last very long, especially with the cold temperatures (for LA) this week.

Plus, Irvine to Angeles Crest is quite a long drive on the freeway...

Sunday there is SuperCar Sunday at the Topanga Mall, and the Malibu hills are nearby. Great roads, but lots of LEO and bikers and cyclists (which might not be a bad thing, will psychologically help keep us in check and out of trouble. :-)

I'll be returning from 4 days at Laguna Seca on Sat (missing two days at Thermal with Lamborghinis! :-( ) so if anyone is up for this, let me know.

If you want to email me (I do spirited but medium - not super aggressive, not pokey - runs) I'll keep you on my email list for future runs. And of course, I'd join you on Sunday at Supercar Sunday and then a short run through the hills.

Thomasm178 at yahoo dot com.

here are some pics from past SuperCar Sundays and past runs -

Old 12-09-2013, 07:58 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The December 2013 Supercar Sunday was last Sunday with the Motor 4 Toys event. Next Woodland Hills Supercar Sunday will be on January 5th, 2014. See you there
Old 12-09-2013, 08:01 PM
WanderingPurist
Advanced

Default maybe I'm getting names mixed up

Hi,

I'm pretty sure there is a car gathering every Sunday at Topanga; whether it is called "SuperCar Sunday" or if that is only for the theme days (Lambo, Ferrari, Corvette, Porsche, etc) I'm not sure.

Are you sure there is no general car gathering this Sunday?

(also Dustin refers to the weekly Sunday gathering as Supercar Sunday as well...)
Old 12-09-2013, 08:06 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WanderingPurist
Hi,

I'm pretty sure there is a car gathering every Sunday at Topanga; whether it is called "SuperCar Sunday" or if that is only for the theme days (Lambo, Ferrari, Corvette, Porsche, etc) I'm not sure.

Are you sure there is no general car gathering this Sunday?

(also Dustin refers to the weekly Sunday gathering as Supercar Sunday as well...)
NO, I am not sure. I usually go on the first Sunday of the month; however, if you go this Sunday, let us know if there was a good size gathering Inquiring minds want to know
Old 12-09-2013, 08:09 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Supercar Sunday is every weekend with the featured marque being the first Sunday of the month. If your looking for the largest turn out of cars, go the first Sunday of the month between 7:00 to 10:00 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:42 PM
996pp
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Im in for the Angeles Crest Drive. That's practically my back yard.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:38 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Angeles crest was closed over the weekend due to snow. When the weather gets bad I stay off that road, not only snow but a LOT of rocks on the road/landslides.

I like SCS on the non-big days, it is every sunday... was there last weekend. It makes a good excuse to hit the canyons. Leno was at the Snake with his massive tank-engine car. He's a nut.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:01 AM
SubzeroX
Racer

Yea I'd rather not take a chance especially with wet n cold roads.. Cancel for Saturday
Old 12-11-2013, 10:47 AM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

another option and zero chances of road closures due to to weather
P.S. For those that want to put their cars thru its paces, nearby Ortega Highway has decent twisties

http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/

Quick Reply: SATURDAY Dec 14th Los Angeles Cars and Coffee + Angeles Crest Highway meet :D