Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   Anyone with fister d exhaust in Denver? (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/774356-anyone-with-fister-d-exhaust-in-denver.html)

mrtoro 09-01-2013 11:56 PM

Anyone with fister d exhaust in Denver?

I would like to hear it in person. Let me know I am in Denver and will travel to you in order to make it convenient

Thanks

rpm's S2 09-02-2013 09:30 AM

Aww c'mon, just trust us...

Actually it's a good idea to hear it first if you can. A friend let me drive his 996 cabrio with Fisters and I was able to prove to myself both the great sound and the lack of drone at highway cruising throttle.

Of course if you just order them today they will arrive sooner!

Dennis C 09-02-2013 10:49 AM

I'm in Evergreen and I've got the Fister D exhaust.

You could out to the next Porsche Breakfast Club meeting and hear it there if you don't want to come all the way up to Evergreen.

mrtoro 09-02-2013 10:50 AM

I actually don't have my stock cans. Does fister sell them out right or is it core basis only? I would imagine it would be a lot cheaper to find some stocks and send them to fister for the mod.

Dennis C 09-02-2013 11:02 AM

You can go either way. He'll find them for you or you can buy them and ship them to him. I bought mine on the rennlist classified ads and has them sent directly to Darin. I then sold my stock cans to another member.

DTMiller 09-02-2013 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by mrtoro (Post 10729341)
I actually don't have my stock cans. Does fister sell them out right or is it core basis only? I would imagine it would be a lot cheaper to find some stocks and send them to fister for the mod.

Check out their website. I would link but I am on my phone. I emailed with him last week and there is a pretty lengthy list to have them ship you mufflers for you to install and then send yours back. He said 3-4 day turnaround if you take yours off and send them to him.

skiracer 09-02-2013 12:23 PM

Dennis - I didn't realize you had FisterD's - I'd really like to hear them too one of these days and will come to Evergreen for a visit.

rpm's S2 09-02-2013 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by DTMiller (Post 10729369)
Check out their website. I would link but I am on my phone. I emailed with him last week and there is a pretty lengthy list to have them ship you mufflers for you to install and then send yours back. He said 3-4 day turnaround if you take yours off and send them to him.

Took nearly four months to do exchange last winter. Darin told me one problem was many exchanges either don't match wait list cars or are too rusted/damaged to clean and modify.

Worth the wait though!

DTMiller 09-02-2013 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by rpm's S2 (Post 10729757)

Took nearly four months to do exchange last winter. Darin told me one problem was many exchanges either don't match wait list cars or are too rusted/damaged to clean and modify.

Worth the wait though!

That is pretty much exactly what he told me.

I think I am going to take mine out of service and send mine for fister D upgrade and do the motor mounts, double din stereo/nav install and new wheels/tires all at once while I wait for them back. Might do garage door opener and relocate spoiler switch all at the same time too.

Dennis C 09-02-2013 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 10729534)
Dennis - I didn't realize you had FisterD's - I'd really like to hear them too one of these days and will come to Evergreen for a visit.

You're welcome to come up any time. I frequently attend the PBC meetings on the second Saturday of every month and often the Cars & Coffee in Lafayette on the first Saturday of every month.

I've had my Fister D's for a couple of years and I really like them.

skiracer 09-02-2013 08:05 PM

Cars and coffee in Lafeyette on the first Saturday of every month? Do tell as it's right next door to me...

babylonboots 09-02-2013 08:25 PM

It's been said before, best mod ever.
Here are a couple of videos I made.

First is when I first had them installed.

Second, is a 0-60 run with sound from inside my cab.

azaytsev 09-02-2013 09:49 PM

Cenk,
Come to hear my car.

mrtoro 09-02-2013 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis C (Post 10729338)
I'm in Evergreen and I've got the Fister D exhaust.

You could out to the next Porsche Breakfast Club meeting and hear it there if you don't want to come all the way up to Evergreen.

Wonderful Dennis. I will be at the next pbc, 7th of September correct?

mrtoro 09-02-2013 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by azaytsev (Post 10730872)
Cenk,
Come to hear my car.

That's even easier. Thank you. How is Thursday afternoon?