Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have information on the EPS roller bearing IMS Solution?

Old 09-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

EPS used the same Rennlist Plug and Paste job on other Porsche Enthusiast sites.Not impressive.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:01 PM
EPSAuto
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer
I think the original bump on this thread is what was considered desperate. You bumped many threads on Rennlist, some over a year old and did a copy and paste plug for your product. I think the product is a well priced alternative on the market, but this type of "advertising" doesn't sit well in a technical forum. Jake and Charles will start a thread only when they have something new, use their knowledge to help others, and never ever bump old threads for advertising. Maybe try this and you will get more credibility.
Thank you for explaining! I truly was not aware that by us responding we would "bump" any other threads. Not our intentional at all! I now see and understand how we could have handled it differently. I was simply just trying to respond to ALL of the postings that had questions for us. There were several postings that had the same questions so we answered them the same way. I hope that in the future EPS can contribute valuable technical information and be a more involved member of this forum.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:07 PM
EPSAuto
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schnell Gelb
EPS used the same Rennlist Plug and Paste job on other Porsche Enthusiast sites.Not impressive.
Schnell Gelb - As I mentioned in the posting above, I was simply just trying to respond to ALL of the postings that had questions for us. There were several postings on various forums that had similar questions, so we answered them similarly. Again, I apologize to all of those who felt this was inappropriate.

Hopefully, we can get back to what this thread was intended to do and answer any technical questions the community may have pertaining to any IMSB on the market. Have I answered all your original questions? Do you have any more questions or disagreements with the last statements I made about the EPS bearing and patent? Also, can you provide some technical data to back up your claim that the "L&N Roller Bearing has significant enhancements over the EPS generic bearing"? As Jake said, "There comes a time, and a place where questions must be answered. That time has come."
Old 09-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I linked all the tech info about the RND (who is L& N??) in a previous Post.It is all up on their site.Surely you know the coorrect name for the biggest name in the IMSB biz ? It is LN Engineering.
Note there were serious objections here on Rennlist to EPS products. They did not respond .Then months later we learned they addressed some issues raised by Forum members. Then much later we hear there was no technical reasons for things like the Whack a hole in the back of your oil pump product.Then we are told they have had no failures despite a Rennlister demonstrating one.Then they did it because of the Internet !
Not impressed.

Last edited by Schnell Gelb; 09-02-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:02 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by EPSAuto

Sneaky Pete presented some pictures of a supposed “failed IMS”. Pete, thank you for sharing and taking the time to locate these. Can you please let us know where you found those images? Was there any other information with it? If there really was an issue with our part why would the customer not do a warranty claim with us? I would be very interested in tracking down the source of these images and have the full story come to light. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but if it did I would really like to know and learn what we can do to prevent whatever went wrong. Believe me, I would still be very proud of a 1/5000 failure rate.
I found the pics from a simple search. I have a feeling you know about the failure. I have no details.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:59 AM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone have information on the EPS roller bearing IMS Solution?