Recommended shop for PPI near Stamford, CT for hopeful new 996 buyer

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 11:53 AM
weldred
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommended shop for PPI near Stamford, CT for hopeful new 996 buyer

Hi gurus,

I'm as excited as a 16-year old at Christmas as I'm looking at several 996's and can't wait to hopefully join your exciting world !!

I see everyone's recommendation on getting a PPI to identify any major issues. Can someone recommend any shops in the Stamford, CT area ?

Also, silly question - what's the process in the sales cycle for getting the PPI ? Do I have the shop pick the car up ?

Thanks,

Ward
Old 04-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Not exactly Stamford but in Danbury (about 30 minutes north) there's a well known Porsche shop called Speed Sport Tuning (http://www.speedsporttuning.net/). You can give Spencer *** a call and ask him about a PPI at his shop.

I don't have a lot of experience with the process but in my case the prior owner brought the car to the shop (a Porsche dealer) for the PPI. I bought my car in CA but most of the shops I spoke to didn't want to get involved in pick up and delivery -- too much liability. In fact, most didn't want to do a PPI at all.

If Danbury is too far you can always call New Country Porsche in Greenwich (the town over) and ask them about a PPI. If they won't do one you can ask them for a recommendation. Being a dealer, however, I'm sure you'll find people who hate them and others who love them (it's the nature of the beast). I've brought my car in for routine service there and haven't had any issues.

I hope this helps! Best of luck!!

-Eric
Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 PM
weldred
Intermediate

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the information and pointers !

Ward
Old 04-30-2013, 08:16 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

You might also try Dan Jacobs at Hairry Dog Grrrrage, he is in Oxford, CT, I believe. Well known, well respected in the Porsche community. Also, Musante Motor Sports in Hartford. GL
Old 04-30-2013, 11:16 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I got my PPI done at Danbury Porsche. It cost $200 and the dealer was extremely thorough - basically the same process they go through to do a CPO.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Viper6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, small world... I lived on Morgan street by the fish church... I did not have a P-car at the time so no recommendations to add... good luck and get in the club with the right one and don't compromise!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:33 PM
weldred
Intermediate

Hi Country911 and roadsession,

Thanks for the pointers !! You guys (and Eric from before) really show how great this community is !

Ward

Quick Reply: Recommended shop for PPI near Stamford, CT for hopeful new 996 buyer