LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice looking ride
Old 04-04-2013, 12:55 PM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree, new PSS10s are too pricey. Nothing at all wrong with used sets though, since they are rather inexpensively rebuilt by Bilstein. Or were, I should say. And they used to be found pretty often, maybe monthly on ebay or in BT. Many of the serious track junkies will tell you that the PSSs are not good enough for real track duty. I wouldn't know, myself. They killed the annoying brake dive, stutter bumping on road heaves, with rear wheel hop on a turn, and nose rise on acceleration that I experieinced with the OEMs on my car at various times. For the occasional DE, autox, and fun DDing, they are freaking awesome, as we used to say...
Old 04-04-2013, 01:01 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

Many CR's in the stock class run the PSS10's and are very successful with them. Good bang for the buck now that the X74 kit is missing from the equation. We were extremely happy when MCS release the new single adjustable dampers... especially at their price point.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM
M3BimmerBilly
Instructor

What shocks do you run with the H&R springs?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 PM
RDUBiker
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a point of reference for my H&R RSS coilovers, H&R will not publish the ride height range because "they are meant for track and that's irrelevant for street drivers" but have told me that the springs are 450 lb-in up front and 915 lb-in in the rear. Just in case we need this for reference later on.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

The H&R are progressive springs.... Kept that in mind when you talk about the Rates... what you stated would be at FULL Compression and you will never reach that on the street.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:13 PM
tarzancoe
Instructor

I HAVE FSDs installed. 99 C2 Cab. I had them with 19" wheels and the difference was so great compared to stock shocks, that the 19"s stopped bouncing over obstacles.

I just put 18"s and even better. You can have the fsds with matching Bilstein springs to lower the car 30mm. I opted for pairing them with Euro springs, for 100 euro got them shipped over here, and the car has Euro stance (10mm lower on front and same in back).

I am sure that track oriented coilovers offer more performance, but as a "do it all" component, I can't think of anything better.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M3BimmerBilly
What shocks do you run with the H&R springs?
Stock Shocks.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:51 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One Word, KW Variant 3, well I guess that is three, but by far the best coil over I have run in any vehicle and I have tried out anything. Look at the reviews on them, imo they say all you need to know. search KW V3 review or KW V3 vs PSS10

KW V3 Coilovers

If you want real baller go AST (Advanced Suspension Technology) coilovers, but be prepared to spend $$$
Old 04-06-2013, 07:00 PM
nismosd
Instructor

I just installed a set of pss10 and all I can say is.... it's superb. Currently set at 3f/3r, very smooth ride even on rough roads. Improved braking and squat under acceleration. Worth every penny...Also installed eibach sway bars at the same time. I'm very pleased with this combo and just wish I had done it earlier.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:04 PM
mmahon04
Advanced

I'm still of the opinion that without the ability to independently adjust low speed compression and high speed compression, your results will be very limited. If nearly all your driving is city based, buying 2-3 way adjustable coilovers is nearly the most expensive way to get a fairly basic result. Either it will be soft enough to handle rougher roads but will not be stiff enough for cleaner tarmac, or the reverse for a given setting; they are definitely not "all situation" appropriate. This is exactly what makes the FSD's so impressive; essentially built in (but non-adjustable) independent low- and high-speed compression settings.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 AM
Kins13y20v
Intermediate

Not trying to thread jack but I'm thinking about goin cheap, remember I will do almost zero track duty just want the height adjustability but what do we think about ksports?

Quick Reply: Coilovers- experiences please