Need DIY help removing quarter window regulator - SOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 02:41 PM
b18cturbo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need DIY help removing quarter window regulator - SOLVED

Hi Guys,

Need some help removing my quarter window regulator; yesterday I was rolling down my passenger side rear quarter window I hear a loud noise and now it is stuck. I got everything disassembled to access it; I removed the two upper bolts holding the window assembly in place, but it seems like the lower bolt is impossible to get at from up top. The gap from up top seems to be too small to fit a hand + wrench way down there and I don't see anyway to get at it from the side since it is completely shielded from the side (see attachment). Any of you guys have experience removing this part and have any advice on how to get at that lower bolt?
Attached Images  

Last edited by b18cturbo; 10-13-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:31 PM
b18cturbo
3rd Gear

Found out that there is a rubber seal that needs to be removed to get access to the lower bolt. By the looks of it, the wire is off the track...I don't think this is something I would be able to fix so I will probably send it out to get repaired.
Attached Images   

Last edited by b18cturbo; 10-13-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Would it be worth going into the other side to see how the good one is set up?
Maybe you could mirror copy it. Might save yourself a bunch.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:14 PM
b18cturbo
3rd Gear

Thanks for the suggestion; I found a post of another member who had the same problem and he sent his regulator in to to an online window regulator repair business that charges $140 and they will "reassemble the motor guides, and replace cables with stronger and much more durable cables", plus the repair has a 60 day warranty. I'll probably go that route cause I'm afraid that the wire cable might have some permanent bend/damage to it and I don't want to risk trying re-seat it myself and then having it potentially come off again. And $140 is not too bad considering the current online price for new ones go for around $600-$700.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:53 AM
Bruce Long
1st Gear

Default Online Regulator Repair for rear quarter panel

Originally Posted by b18cturbo
Thanks for the suggestion; I found a post of another member who had the same problem and he sent his regulator in to to an online window regulator repair business that charges $140 and they will "reassemble the motor guides, and replace cables with stronger and much more durable cables", plus the repair has a 60 day warranty. I'll probably go that route cause I'm afraid that the wire cable might have some permanent bend/damage to it and I don't want to risk trying re-seat it myself and then having it potentially come off again. And $140 is not too bad considering the current online price for new ones go for around $600-$700.
Hi, thanks for the tip for accessing the bottom bolt. Can you point me to the online repair service you used for the regulator repair? Greartly appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Need DIY help removing quarter window regulator - SOLVED