Sponsored by:

996 Headlight tint modification

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 10:33 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Heima996C4S
I got this idea a few months ago and finally executed it this past weekend, its not for the impatient...LOL bought a roll of vinyl tint, cleaned the headlight thoroughly and installed the tint like you would any vinyl decal, spray bottle with water and a pit of soap and a heat gun. About 30 min per side. Then carefully (surgical precision) cut the circle section with a brand new razor blade. DONE. I am very happy with it but will likely re-do this modification again with a slightly lighter/less foggy vinyl tint. Enjoy.
very tastefully done....looks great!
Old 06-13-2020, 05:13 AM
Demetri Melekos
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heima996C4S
I got this idea a few months ago and finally executed it this past weekend, its not for the impatient...LOL bought a roll of vinyl tint, cleaned the headlight thoroughly and installed the tint like you would any vinyl decal, spray bottle with water and a pit of soap and a heat gun. About 30 min per side. Then carefully (surgical precision) cut the circle section with a brand new razor blade. DONE. I am very happy with it but will likely re-do this modification again with a slightly lighter/less foggy vinyl tint. Enjoy.

They look great !

Where can I purchase these light covers?

Quick Reply: 996 Headlight tint modification