Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   Rant: A little Irritated, XXX PD Motor (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/699750-rant-a-little-irritated-xxx-pd-motor.html)

Esexx 06-02-2012 12:31 AM

Rant: A little Irritated, XXX PD Motor

I am alittle irritated now.

I got off of work and drove down Pacific Coast Highway in the city I work in. I see this XXX PD (border large city) motor stopped at a red light and I decide to drive briskly (~30 mph) past him through the painted center median (about 30 feet) to the left turn pocket.

I stopped at the left turn red light and here he comes. Doesn't light me up but starts to give me the speech. The usual, slow down, don't want anyone hurt, do you want a ticket, and he also said his favorite time of day is to catch people like me. No attitude was given, I listened, answered and I didn't badge him or use any LEO lingo.

Then, what irritated me was he asked me, "What is your problem?" I thought for a second, knowing I did not give any attitude and I just said I didn't have any problems at all.

I didn't know if he wanted me to :bowdown:??? Anyways, I feel better now enjoyed the rest of my drive home and now with a Racer X in hand surfing Rennlist and researching mods.

SubzeroX 06-02-2012 12:57 AM

you're a po-po?

PcarDrmr 06-02-2012 03:03 AM

Essex, should'tortola him to run the plates then he would've realized your on the same side...

Esexx 06-02-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by SubzeroX (Post 9579659)
you're a po-po?

Uh, no.

Originally Posted by PcarDrmr (Post 9579814)
Essex, should'tortola him to run the plates then he would've realized your on the same side...

I didn't expect him to run anything or even give me a ticket. I was just peaved because he asked what my problem was. I didn't even mid when he said his favorite part of his day was to catch guy like me. (My favorite time of my day is EOW and go home to my boys)

Some peoples whole identity is their job and the power. I think maybe he wanted me to bow down to him, but I did not react the was he wanted me to. I didn't brown nose or give an attitude.

Gaspasser19 06-02-2012 11:17 AM

I find your verbiage difficult to follow.

Dennis C 06-02-2012 11:21 AM

I agree. I'm not exactly sure what this story is about. What's an XXX PD motor? Is that a police officer? Was it a motorcycle with another car pulled over? Did you drive on the median around a police motorcycle that was stopped at a red light? I don't really get it...

dotframe 06-02-2012 11:38 AM

I am also very confused. What is this post?

Sneaky Pete 06-02-2012 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Me no sprechen sie or hablo....is this Buckwheat talk?

Marc Gelefsky 06-02-2012 12:18 PM

Ok, terrific!

machbx 06-02-2012 03:56 PM

Dafuk?

ohioboxster 06-02-2012 06:31 PM

You didn't badge him or use "LEO" lingo, but you're not a cop? I don't get it either. Sure, there are cops whose entire identity relies on having authority and some will abuse it. It's a pretty big deal if you have the ability to take ones freedom away. Kind of scary to think about sometimes, no matter which side of the line you're on.

OGWGFIW 06-02-2012 08:02 PM

So you see the Motor and decide to do a little something that might tick him off, then you are offended when he has the gall to say something to you? You get what you give. Of course, I am having to try to read the most subtle of contextual clues to figure out WTF exactly happened.

Mark Rindner 06-02-2012 10:04 PM

Hey Essex, that's a heck of a goofy story (I mean this in the good way). I give up. What's the point? Also, please say what LEO lingo is. This could be a clue for us. BTW, in my town, riding over the painted "no-drive" median zone is not legal. Especially if it's done briskly. Especially in the process of passing a cop. Especially in a meant-for-speed car like we drive. Only trying to help.

Gonzo911 06-02-2012 10:40 PM

Kind of lik b-tching for getting pulled over doing 115...not that that's ever happened to me or anything.

SubzeroX 06-02-2012 11:31 PM

this guy's trying to be cool by using words like "LEO" and "EOW" (law enfor. officer, end of week (meaning end of ****/work)). then asked if he's a cop, "no."

so if you're not a cop, how would you "badge" him and use "LEO" lingo when you're NOT a LEO?
u were going to badge him your rent-a-cop badge? that + shady story = troll

either you're a cop, rent-a-cop, or troll. I go for the latter.

:corn: may the odds be forever in your favor