Sponsored by:

High G fuel interruption - Race car

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:31 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Question High G fuel interruption - Race car

I am finding that near the end of the exits on high G cornering that my 996 3.6 x51 motor hesitates for a half second while at full throttle around the 5K rpm range.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:47 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm assuming this is on a nearly full tank, or at least very low fuel level is not involved?

I'm guessing the usual suspect might be fuel pressure, you could rig a gauge to the fuel rail and tape it to the window, then have someone watch it while you can reproduce the problem.

Are you running the stock tune?

Loose FP fuse?
Old 03-22-2012, 12:52 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by logray
I'm assuming this is on a nearly full tank, or at least very low fuel level is not involved?

I'm guessing the usual suspect might be fuel pressure, you could rig a gauge to the fuel rail and tape it to the window, then have someone watch it while you can reproduce the problem.

Are you running the stock tune?

Loose FP fuse?
Happens through the entire feul level range, more frequently the closer to empty. The tune is the Porsche European 100 octane programe.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by mcipseric
Happens through the entire feul level range, more frequently the closer to empty. The tune is the Porsche European 100 octane programe.
Couple of ideas...

1) Run a fuel cooler.

2) The 100 octane tune detect detonation and retards spark to save the engine. While the fuel pump at the gas station says '100 octane' the fuel may be stale or the engine's octane requirements may be more than 100. Engines vary in their octane requirements. Also, engine octane requirements can change over time, almost always going the wrong way, that is requiring more octane.

2.5) Tied with (2) above you might try a bottle or two of Techron the idea being this will remove valve deposits, fuel injector and combustion chamber deposits and sensor deposits and all of the above could see improved combustion which could lower the engine's octane requirements.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:38 PM
dcdrechsel
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Might want to look at GT2/3 and see if Porsche did anything special on the supply side

Quick Reply: High G fuel interruption - Race car