996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PPI in Jamaica, NY

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:28 PM
sun_dance
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks just spoke to Bill @ Rudtners, sounded like a great guy. So now I'm just going to leave it to the seller on whether they'd like to go to Rudtners or Formula Motorsports. Both offer the same service and Rudtner seemed more flexible on time, so that may work out better. BTW, the car is an 04 C4S coupe...
Old 01-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Best of luck!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sun_dance
Thanks just spoke to Bill @ Rudtners, sounded like a great guy. So now I'm just going to leave it to the seller on whether they'd like to go to Rudtners or Formula Motorsports. Both offer the same service and Rudtner seemed more flexible on time, so that may work out better. BTW, the car is an 04 C4S coupe...
The first thing Bill will charge you for is an oil change. He did a PPI on a Speed Yellow Boxster I wanted. He opened the filter and found metal flakes. Best money I ever spent.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:03 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
The first thing Bill will charge you for is an oil change. He did a PPI on a Speed Yellow Boxster I wanted. He opened the filter and found metal flakes. Best money I ever spent.
The next PPI on that car will pass with flying colors because the evidence will have been removed?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 AM
porchfly80
Banned

This is Michael @ Formula Motorsports. I am taking this opportunity to educate everyone on PPII's. I will attempt to stay within the parameters of cost, location, experience, and what to look for.

1. Cost- this will vary from 250-600 depending on where the car is located and many indy's will travel to the cars sight, and of course the experience level of the person looking at your car.

2. Location- using a well known shop to look at your car provides you with two weapons when negotiating purchase of car. One is the fact that the seller cannot dispute information provided by the PIWIS system of which only a select amount of independents have. And two they can provide market pricing for services that may need to be performed. This can be used as a great negotiation tool.

3. Experience- using a shop that also performs bodywork is a MUST. Only an experienced body man can tell the severity of a collision. Just because a car may have been hit does not mean it is a bad car- as long as it was repaired properly and price takes collision into account.

4. What to look for- Service records!!!!!! Primary use (track, country club?)

A PPI is probably the best money you will ever spend on a car. It is a big investment which warrants time and research. There are plenty of cars out there so try and not be too impulsive. And finally if the deal is too good to be true it most likely is.

Best
Michael
Old 02-23-2012, 03:22 PM
82_930
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by occb2
Mtech motorsports. It's in New Rochelle right over the Whitestone or Throgs neck bridges. Ask for Mike. He is the owner. Are you looking at the C-4 cab in queens? Came close to buying it.

Robert
+1 on M Tech, Mike is good people... he has been servicing my cars for years now.

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM RENNWERKE PORSCHE (in Elmsford) AS POSSIBLE! John aka "Cheech" Fernandez will purposely damage your car and probably steal your fancy air caps... general rude jerk and a thief.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM
porchfly80
Banned

FM

Last edited by porchfly80; 01-29-2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: old thread

Quick Reply: PPI in Jamaica, NY