window adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
belleriver
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window adjustment

I have a 2006 996 C2 Cab 6spd.

As with several others my driver side window regulator cable was stretched causing my window not to lower during the window lowering function cycle, causing the glass to hit the roof when the door was shut. I was manually lowering the glass about ½ inch each time prior to shutting the door.

I replaced my driver side window regulator and completed the window adjustment. Everything appears to function properly except the window lowering function travel is only 4mm causing the glass to still hit the roof when the door is shut. I tried to retrain the window but noticed no change. I took some measurements I thought might help explain:

When I open the driver door with the interior or exterior handle the glass only travels down 4mm in either case (passenger side is 13mm). With the door closed the roof overlaps the glass by 5mm (passenger side is 4-8mm). When I raise the glass with the door open I get 15mm of upward travel upon closing the door; this seams to work properly (passenger side is 13mm).

If I lower the glass any further I am afraid water will get in. I searched the site for any other adjustment procedures but could not find anything.

Is there a way to adjust the window lowering function? Why would it be 4mm when using the door handles and 13mm with the door open? Any help would be greatly appreciated…
Old 06-29-2011, 11:29 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Moved to the 996 section.
You will get more responses here.

And welcome to RL.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:35 AM
belleriver
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what I did there? I thought I was in the 996 forum. New guy screw up! Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: window adjustment