Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Need some help with harness bar....how to cover brain box when installed?

Old 05-18-2011, 01:25 AM
carcster88
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need some help with harness bar....how to cover brain box when installed?

I installed my Brey Krause harness bar a few days ago. I have a OEM carpeted foam piece that covers the rear strut mounts. Now that it probably will not fit and I do not want to cut into it, what options did you guys do with something like this to make the install look cleaner? The second pic shows pretty much what I want to cover.

Thanks all.

Also, thanks to Brey Krause. They are a pleasure to deal with and make very nice stuff.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

you can buy matching carpet/fabric at a fabric store and glue it on a custom cut board.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:29 AM
carcster88
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
you can buy matching carpet/fabric at a fabric store and glue it on a custom cut board.
Thought about that....might just go to Home Depot and get some plexiglass. I just want to make sure it comes on and off easy and looks like stock. Any idea where I can get carpet/fabric that looks just like the stock stuff?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

I bought a used carpet piece from a fellow RLster. It came out of the 997 GT3 that was being converted to a race car. I cut that carpet and it fits really good. Try contacting some of the used Pcar parts vendors..Parts Heaven in CA or Oklahoma Foreign. I also found one on ebay a while back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some help with harness bar....how to cover brain box when installed?