Sponsored by:

Fuel Door Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 11:32 AM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Door Problem

I have a weird issue with the fuel door, it does not lock correctly. I see the actuator pin move, but it sorta pushes out, then goes back in a bit when locked. Same when unlocked.

I am missing the bushing: 997-624-505-00-M100

The other odd thing, when I pull on the manual release - it does not even budge...not even 1mm.

I would prefer to have the door lock as it is intended...but looking at the instructions here: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...door-actuator/
that seems like quite a lot of work for such minor gain.

Any thoughts as to what may be going on?
Old 10-09-2010, 01:13 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 328 Posts

I had the same problem with the pin extending and then retracting. I just grabbed the pin and pushed the rubber collar back with a pair of needle nose pliers. The rubber collar is now on the other side of the hole. Don't know if this is correct, but it works for me.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by wyovino
I had the same problem with the pin extending and then retracting. I just grabbed the pin and pushed the rubber collar back with a pair of needle nose pliers. The rubber collar is now on the other side of the hole. Don't know if this is correct, but it works for me.
Second that. Similar situation in my Boxster. Spotted some plastic bushing/collar at bottom of fuel filler cavity and didn't know where it was supposed to go and put it in ash tray.

Sometime after this I noticed even though rest of the locks working the gas filler lid lock not working, locking.

I worked the lock button and watched the pin action and noticed the same behavior.

A light bulb went on over my head and I retrieved the bushing from the ash tray and installed bushing into the hole through which the pin movest -- the bushing just snaps into the hole -- and afterwards the pin clearly extended out far enough to engage the hole in the lid's tab to securely lock the lid.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:02 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That bushing is completely absent...amazing it would make that much difference. There goes another $1.50 to Pelican.

Quick Reply: Fuel Door Problem