996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Carpool and HOV lanes CA Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 10:26 AM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 302 Posts

The HOV/carpool lanes are sometimes as crowded as the regular lanes these days and with the proliferation of green vehicles around here they will need to give them all the regular lanes soon!

Lipstick on a pig anyway, you can't put 10lbs of **** in a 5lb bag!

Rush hour traffic around here is a great place to test your cooling system though.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

We have HOV lanes in my area (Toronto/Mississauga) and it applies to 2 or more people - not 3 as in your area. There was a study showing the fallacy of the HOV lane system as far as total cars per hour and avg time to destination. The greenies would have you believe that the HOV lane systems works when in fact the study showed more cars per hour using all four lanes instead of 3 plus the HOV lane produce less pollutants, less fuel used over all and a higher avg speed. The other thing we are seeing here in Canada are more accidents from people stopping in the HOV lane when they are unable to merge into stop and go traffic in the 3rd lane. Same with people entering the HOV lane from a slow rate of speed and getting hit from behind from someone in the HOV lane already at the speed limit.

The study was independent and backed up the internal Government study that was repressed as it didn't fit the party line. As always - politics trumps common sense.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:29 AM
Norcalphoto
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lived in Danville, in the Eastbay for eight years and drove in the HOV lanes pretty much everyday. In eight years I was only stopped twice and both times I was in a Jaguar Convertible. I didn't get a ticket either time because I was able to convince them that it would be very difficult for anyone other than a small child to fit back there. It also helped that I always carried a gym bag that I layed across the back seats to make it look more like a shelf than some actual seats.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:56 AM
RaginBull
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Norcalphoto
I lived in Danville, in the Eastbay for eight years and drove in the HOV lanes pretty much everyday. In eight years I was only stopped twice and both times I was in a Jaguar Convertible. I didn't get a ticket either time because I was able to convince them that it would be very difficult for anyone other than a small child to fit back there. It also helped that I always carried a gym bag that I layed across the back seats to make it look more like a shelf than some actual seats.
LOL
Old 06-14-2014, 12:16 PM
996_C4S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Not to sound sanctimonious but I choose to use the lanes to which I'm entitled. It's entirely your call if you want to jump into the HOV lane, but please understand that if I see you getting a ticket, I'll point and laugh.
For a Porsche driver there's more honor in a 20+ speeding ticket (and I've gotten a few).
Old 06-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You got a 911, right foot down when/if popo flashes you on the bridge. Back in college my friend was riding his R6 over BB from Oakland, doing about 90mph he went past the bike cop on a BMW bike driving in the middle lane. Cop went after him, my friend said he took it to 150MPH on the bridge. No ticket, cop never had a chance.

Not having any plates on the R6 helped too.

Quick Reply: Carpool and HOV lanes CA Bay Area