Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Are Porsche dealer fixing IMS when they update the RMS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:36 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi URSUSMUGGR-
The dealer did not replace my IMS bearing- they only replaced the IMS bearing SEAL with newer one. I had the normal RMS oil leak with drops on floor under car- they verified leak and replaced RMS and the IMS seal. They had normal dealer response regarding IMS bearing itself- I didn't push them to
install the LNE bearing at that time as the repair was being paid by my extended warranty Fidelity. hope this helps -
Old 10-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Charles Navarro
Rennlist Member

Received 1,071 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
I might have to throw the BS flag on this one. Why wouldn't the customer just put it on his own card?
I know exactly which dealership was doing this. We have another that has the customers pay for and we drop ship the parts to the dealership, but for the most part, the dozens of dealerships who order mostly buy direct and bill the jobs out for what they are and don't hide it. I know of only one dealership that got in trouble with Porsche for marketing the retrofits too aggressively and a CPO customer wrote to Porsche wanting the retrofit done and covered under his warranty.

I would have to guesstimate that half of the Porsche dealerships in North America purchase and use our retrofit kits at this point in time. One of the local ones to us has done dozens.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:10 PM
ursusmuggr
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bgrpph,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please contact me at sb9seller@gmail.com .....I have a question for you but want to keep this confidential. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Are Porsche dealer fixing IMS when they update the RMS?