Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Sealant/Wax Showdown: Rejex, Klasse, Ultima, Zaino, Zymol, Swissvax, Meguiar's, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

IMHO Rejex was made for truckers not for cars for car show. I think of it more for industrial application. Ive used it on my wheels so the dirt comes off easily when washed. But it(rejex) does not do a good job in keeping it mile deep looking for a long time. I use Meguiars # 27 Profesional wax for the car.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:24 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Completely bare paint..nothing on it at all, just polished to perfection.

With Zaino Z5
Old 05-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

But it(rejex) does not do a good job in keeping it mile deep looking
The "depth" of a finish has to do with how spectrally flat the paint surface is. Organic waxes such as Meguires, Zanio, etc. have fillers in them that level out the microscratches that all paint surfaces have. This allows light to reflect evenly instead of having the microscratches act like a diffraction grating, scattering the light and gives the "depth" that you talk about.

A paint surface that is polished before the use of Rejex, or one that has Rejex applied first and then has a filler glaze applied on top of Rejex will match or exceed any "depth" that an organic wax provides.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Smile

Originally Posted by Orient Express
The "depth" of a finish has to do with how spectrally flat the paint surface is. Organic waxes such as Meguires, Zanio, etc. have fillers in them that level out the microscratches that all paint surfaces have. This allows light to reflect evenly instead of having the microscratches act like a diffraction grating, scattering the light and gives the "depth" that you talk about.

A paint surface that is polished before the use of Rejex, or one that has Rejex applied first and then has a filler glaze applied on top of Rejex will match or exceed any "depth" that an organic wax provides.
OE,

My observation with Rejex is it will put that initial shine but does not last as regular car wax(on the shiny side) but its properties in rejecting dirt is outstanding.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Mike:

That could be, but mine seems to last 6 months or so before it needs a touch-up. Next time you do a Rejex coating, after it has cured, give the surface a top coat of Machine glaze to level the finish. This will help the paint give a better "depth" presentation.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool

Originally Posted by Orient Express
Mike:

That could be, but mine seems to last 6 months or so before it needs a touch-up. Next time you do a Rejex coating, after it has cured, give the surface a top coat of Machine glaze to level the finish. This will help the paint give a better "depth" presentation.
I will surely try that OE. Having both sealing and shine properties would be great

Quick Reply: Sealant/Wax Showdown: Rejex, Klasse, Ultima, Zaino, Zymol, Swissvax, Meguiar's, etc.