Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Wanted: Airbag control module (I'm guessing? Durametrics won't clear my airbag light)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 07:11 PM
midnite993
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wanted: Airbag control module (I'm guessing? Durametrics won't clear my airbag light)

Hi All,

I have a '95 993 in which the previous owner installed a Momo non-airbag steering wheel. The airbag light was on I thought due to this, so I bought an Atiwe/RUF three spoke airbag wheel hoping everything would work fine. Airbag light is still on, so I went about resetting it.

I hook up my newly acquired Durametrics OBD reader and get the following message: "0 Airbag Failed to Initialize". I try resetting the code and this error just pops back up and the error light stays on.

He gave me the original airbag wheel, so I tried installing that one instead. Same error.

I searched the archives a bit and tried uplugging the airbag control module under the dash and the connector with electrical cleaner. With the control module unplugged, I reset the codes again and the same error pops up! This makes me think that the airbag module is bad, no? Mine has a 993 part number...I read that many of these go faulty and are replaced with a 996 unit.

Does anyone have an airbag control module for sale? One from a 996 will work as well. I was in an accident recently (not with this car...see my other posts), so its very important for me to have working airbags.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:00 PM
midnite993
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone?

Quick Reply: Wanted: Airbag control module (I'm guessing? Durametrics won't clear my airbag light)