Sponsored by:

Buyer Beware: Do not buy from Ebayer Jamesparknewport

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 02:48 PM
springgeyser
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buyer Beware: Do not buy from Ebayer Jamesparknewport

Do not buy from Ebayer Jamesparknewport or Eletric Cart Warehouse.

I though I was getting a decent deal for 1 of 2 5 spoke rim.

They sent me 2 useless cracked 5 spoke rims when the ad cleared stated only one of the rim was bent and cracked. They are not returning my phone calls or Ebay messages. I finally filed a Paypal dispute and the response was that the 1 'good' rim with 3 CRACKS that were HIGHLIGHTED by them was shipped in 'good condition'. WTF!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320266915229

Here are the pictures the 3 cracks were originally circled on the backside of the rim.
http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...DSC_5154-1.jpg

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...t=DSC_5155.jpg

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...t=DSC_5156.jpg

Here is the bent rim that was mentioned in the ad.
http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...t=DSC_5158.jpg
Old 08-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Dominick
Racer

Sorry to hear about your experience
I will keep them noted

Good luck!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:57 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

There is a reason his rating is 97%. That's NOT good at all. Sounds good but that equates to crappy history. Look at his negative......4 this month alone, 16 n the last 6 months and 27 in the last year? No thank you. There is a reason I ONLY do business with people I know or have 100% with thousands of sales and even then I am overly careful.

Regardless, sorry you had to deal with that crap.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sucks to hear......
Old 08-07-2008, 12:05 AM
springgeyser
Racer

I'm pissed at the arrogance of the seller stating 1 of the rims was shipped in good condition when it is clear highlighted where the cracks were.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:04 AM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

I got screwed by some dimwit on eBay that shipped me the wrong (much cheaper) item. She had a lot of excuses, was going to make it right, blah blah blah for weeks with no action whatsoever.

My buddy has access to the LexisNexis database for his business to due background checks, due diligence, etc. He gave me all her info: social, dob, address, phone number and all sorts of other confidential data. I dropped some hints that I had this info on her ("I hope we get this resolved before your birthday next month," etc). She refunded my money in full in minutes (I kid you not) and told me to keep the merchandise. Nothing more satisfying than turning the table on these crooks.

She got booted from eBay shortly thereafter. Case closed.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:01 AM
blinkwatt
Pro

No big deal. I hope you paid with a credit card. Just call your credit card company and charge it back.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:53 PM
springgeyser
Racer

Holger- Thanks Hope it doesn't resort to that level but the guy's a ***** so far. Probably will report them to the BBB also.

Blink- Yeah, escalated into Paypal's hands now. Hopefully I can recoup the full amount and I'll send the rims back to them.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Holger B
My buddy has access to the LexisNexis database for his business to due background checks, due diligence, etc. He gave me all her info: social, dob, address, phone number and all sorts of other confidential data. I dropped some hints that I had this info on her ("I hope we get this resolved before your birthday next month," etc). She refunded my money in full in minutes (I kid you not) and told me to keep the merchandise. Nothing more satisfying than turning the table on these crooks.

She got booted from eBay shortly thereafter. Case closed.

Aw man, that is so funny. Wish we could of seen the facial expression.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:58 PM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by springgeyser
Holger- Thanks Hope it doesn't resort to that level but the guy's a ***** so far. Probably will report them to the BBB also.

Blink- Yeah, escalated into Paypal's hands now. Hopefully I can recoup the full amount and I'll send the rims back to them.
Paypal does a pretty good job with obvious claims.
While we're at it, I recently had to file a claim with deutschepartsusa on ebay. The sold me an ignition switch which I had shipped next day (said $15 on the auction) I paid and nothing, emailed, nothing, emailed again (three days now) and they responded that their shipping cost went up and they now wanted to charge $30 for a couple ounce switch. I told them I would not pay and expected them to ship according to their stated terms. Nothing. Emailed again, nothing, filed with Paypal, nothing, emailed again, nothing. Filed a claim with Paypal and a week later got my money back.
They were also shocked and pissed that I left them negative feedback.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:56 AM
springgeyser
Racer

Woohoo. Paypal will refund my money after I return the items back to the seller. I, of course, will still lose $70ish for shipping the goods back.

Please be wary if you see two 5 spoke 10" rims on Fleabay, one being bent and the other stated as 'good' condition.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:40 PM
springgeyser
Racer

OMG, the FK'r is posting these crap rims back on Fleabay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BBS-P...mZ320292107333

Paypal is processing my refund.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:52 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
There is a reason his rating is 97%. That's NOT good at all. Sounds good but that equates to crappy history. Look at his negative......4 this month alone, 16 n the last 6 months and 27 in the last year? No thank you. There is a reason I ONLY do business with people I know or have 100% with thousands of sales and even then I am overly careful.

Regardless, sorry you had to deal with that crap.

+1

Ebay became to be best place for swindlers. It's plenty of bad replicas from China.
You must be 100% before paying for anything.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
debo2k3
Advanced

springgeyser,

You should keep the box and when you return it to the seller, put them back in the old box and write a note outside the box "RETURN TO SENDER". It works for me all the time when I return items I bought from ebay. You won't lose a dime on shipping. I suppose paypal will refund with shipping cost you paid when purchase it, right?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:54 AM
JCL
Intermediate

thanks for the heads up, I agree with calling the credit card company too. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware: Do not buy from Ebayer Jamesparknewport