Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   Welcome back Tim K (gota911) (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/428332-welcome-back-tim-k-gota911.html)

chsu74 05-05-2008 11:19 AM

Welcome back Tim K (gota911)

Many of know that Tim has recently committed himself to other priorities in his life. We missed his contributions/giving new members a proper initation to the forum during that time. :to_order:

Just wanted to say that I have seen Tim posting recently and would like to welcome him back. This place was not the same without him. :cheers:

gota911 05-05-2008 11:45 AM

Chao, thank you very much for the nice comments. I really do appreciate it!

Just to let everyone know, the primary reason I haven't been on Rennlist very much lately is because my internet connection at the Dallas apartment is not very stable. It connects and drops quite regularly (about every 5 to 10 minutes), so it is very frustrating and very slow... almost as slow as using a dial-up modem. I had Time-Warner out once to work on the problem and it helped for a couple of days, but then reverted to the poor connection again. I think we must have a Pony Express internet connection in Texas. I was back home in NC this weekend so I had great connectivity.

Hopefully, the internet connectivity will be better when I change apartments in about 3 weeks.

Thanks again for the kind words! :D

Barn996 05-05-2008 01:45 PM

Tim-You have a way of injecting humor into this site which has a sense of spontinaeity(sp?) to it. Hope you'll be on board more often to liven things up.

gota911 05-05-2008 02:16 PM

Barn - thanks! I want to be here more often than I have been in recent weeks. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that int eh near future.

BTW - who has been "watching the newbies" while I have been gone? Certainly someone has stepped up to the plate to keep them in line! :D

chsu74 05-05-2008 02:18 PM

No one has stepped up to the plate because it forces you to come back. :)

Tippy 05-05-2008 02:29 PM

Welcome back, there has been quite a few "stimulating" threads lately :to_order:

dresler 05-05-2008 11:11 PM

And Ben and Bruce are not getting along, anything you can do?

htny 05-06-2008 12:22 AM

Tim I finally took your advice and did the rear carrera emblem in silver.

JDSStudios 05-06-2008 04:33 AM

Tim
You always crack me up, and I hope we meet someday.
John

P.S. I will bring lots of pictures for you!

Nicolaasdb 05-08-2008 02:55 AM

I thought you sold your P!! Finally! I never believed you wanted to sell to begin with...but you had us going for a while...and now with your disappearing act..you are just testing how popular you are...well you got only one page of welcome backs...so maybe you should have stayed away a little longer!! Internet connection problems (who believes that in 2008?!?)

Okay enough "ben" like sarcasm...hope you like your new job...are you permanently moving? let us(me) know about house hunting.

TheSpeedDemon 05-08-2008 11:33 AM

Tim...welcome back however I did not know you were gone because I have been gone also, not that most of you noticed :roflmao:

In regards to your internet connection, I had the same problem. I had upgraded from a 1.5MB to a 3MB connection from my service provider as it came up as being available in my area. But when I started lsing connectivity on a regular basis, it was determined by an engineer, not the sales person, that the equipment in my area cannot support such speeds at the time. Once the engineer dropped me down to 1.5MB again, I had no problems with the connection dropping. SO maybe check to see if the sped you ordered is 'truly' possible in your area.

Barn996 05-08-2008 12:16 PM

OT-Speed Demon, have you replaced your crashed Porsche yet with a different ride, just curious? Have you completed the physical healing process yet?

Zoolander 05-08-2008 12:25 PM

It is good to see you Tim. I still owe you a beer or two:)

TheSpeedDemon 05-08-2008 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Barn996 (Post 5392579)
OT-Speed Demon, have you replaced your crashed Porsche yet with a different ride, just curious? Have you completed the physical healing process yet?

Thanks for asking.

No new car/toy yet, working on getting the Mustang running then sell it so that I have more funds to get something even better than what I had before. As to what, choice has not been made yet as I need to sell the Mustang first. Plus the way the economy is, it has hit us hard in that our entire ELOC was taken away by the bank because of it. So it will be a little while before I can get a new car/toy.

Physical healing is all over with.

Phil G. 05-08-2008 08:06 PM

Tim, you know that in our hearts, you never really left! :crying: