996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Turn signal bulb is out

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:52 PM
996 Convert
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Timely post. Mine just went out too. I just tried replacing the bulb but no dice. Hope it's just a loose connection and CPO covers it. Ben, did you get charged?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Nah, dealer did it for free. It's quite easy.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
$23 US, 11 british pounds... that's pretty damn good ... v. the time expenditure trying to communicate with a vendor in the UK.

the problem with the ebay bulbs is this: because of the paint or the brightness of the bulb.... the amber light doesn't blink as bright as the OEM bulb. the phillips bulb is best of both worlds... get rid of the ugly amber glow to make your headlight all silver... no ugly blue... and then when using the turn signal, the suckers are as bright as the non silver factory bulbs.

look at the ugly amber glow... just imagine it all silver baby

Ben,

your car appears to have wet itself based on your picture - does it have a need to 'go' more frequently
Old 04-14-2008, 08:33 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just posting this again incase others are looking at this post with a mysterious "failed" turnsignal. I had this problem a few moths ago, bulb was fine. Turned out to be the socket. The link below helped me fix it.

Check the socket that the bulb fit in for a short. I had a turn signal go out, bulb was fine, turned out the socket that the bulb sits in had a weak connection that resulted in over heating and melting the metal/plastic of the socket. New socket =$15 good to do. Here is a post about another member with the same experience. He is where I learned about what my problem is.
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...st+turn+signal
Old 04-21-2008, 10:44 AM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
Those are bax9s bulbs for the city light function of the headlights. I have made many posts on them: love them.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:25 PM
wrightld
Intermediate

Default same problem

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
Just posting this again incase others are looking at this post with a mysterious "failed" turnsignal. I had this problem a few moths ago, bulb was fine. Turned out to be the socket. The link below helped me fix it.
I've had an intermittent problem as well. Fast blinking turn signal indicator and a left rear turn signal not working when that is happening. It will clear up and then start again days later. How does one access the bulb socket?
Old 04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

Originally Posted by wrightld
I've had an intermittent problem as well. Fast blinking turn signal indicator and a left rear turn signal not working when that is happening. It will clear up and then start again days later. How does one access the bulb socket?
These are owner serviceable bulbs. Read your manual for instructions.
Oh and the obligatory

Quick Reply: Turn signal bulb is out