Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Is there some trick to getting the passenger side mirror to tilt in reverse?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:21 PM
bronston
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Additional mirror info

Once you have done the position the seat, engage reverse, and store, you should have the auto mirror-tilt. I think it dips a set amount without any user input. If you want to cancel just reset seat memory with the car out of reverse.

One other feature if you have the auto mirror tilt feature engaged is a cancel feature for those occasions when it is not wanted. Just tap the electric mirror 4-way aiming switch "up" and the passenger side mirror will go back to your selected position. I don't think the mirror-select portion of the switch has to be for left side, just tap "up".
Old 03-24-2008, 01:52 AM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dang!!, now I really don't feel near as stupid as before!! I expected a slew of RTFM noob comments!...I wonder if there is a another board around with REAL experts on these cars...LOL.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

As long as we're on the subject of memory seats...
My memory function works fine for both buttons but I am unable to get the remotes (keys) to accept the programming. This is particularly annoying since the original owner appears to have been a midget yoga instructor. Every time I unlock the door with the key the seat reverts to this funky position and I have to stand next to the car holding button 1 until I can fit between the wheel and the seat. I have followed the instructions in the manual to the letter w/o success.
My car is an '03 but I don't think I have the original manual. Is there something specific to that MY that I may be missing?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:36 AM
porsche-t
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to go to the dealer for them to turn this function on for my mirrors - also the 5mph door lock feature. My seats won't keep the seat position in memory and sometimes the mirror tilt doesn't work.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:20 AM
rleeq
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I at first thought it was a myth but when I had my car in the shop to replace a broken shift cable the tech found that the reverse switch was bad. Now after over two years of owning the car the passenger side mirror tilts. I never saw anything in the manual about this feature.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 AM
bronston
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default One more thing

On the "cancel" function for the mirror dip: it doesn't work until the mirror has fully dipped. So if you don't want or need the dip in reverse, wait until the mirror has fully dipped then tap "up" on the 4-way aiming switch.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 153 Posts

Arright. I got nothing else better to do this am.

For those without a manual, here is page 35 and 49 of the 2002 owners manual for the 911. For those with a manual, well.....
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Is there some trick to getting the passenger side mirror to tilt in reverse?