Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   Thanks for all your help - I did it! (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/414727-thanks-for-all-your-help-i-did-it.html)

uberskier 03-14-2008 08:43 AM

J - thanks for the info on the dealer fees. Also - good tip on the wheels and tires.

I'm definitely not rushing straight back. I'd like to leisurely stroll through some of the horse country back roads outside of Louisville/Lexington on Friday afternoon and then maybe find a nice B&B or hotel in western PA on Friday night.

I've got a lot of Griot's stuff for taking care of the car. I read all of their stuff so I don't accidentally put any swirl marks in the paint.

Update: Dealer came back and said the $425 was non-negotiable and even said that he'd refund my deposit if the fee prevented me from moving forward with the transaction. Based on that comment and the fact that I saved just over 11% off of the price that was in the car window, I'm thinking I got a great deal.

Barn996 03-14-2008 11:14 AM

Congrats on your purchase, your 2-3 months looking were spent well. Just look at that C4S in SY...that color is stunning on your 911.GL on your drive back home...enjoy the ride.

william123 03-14-2008 06:46 PM

exactly what I've been looking for:)

Would you mind sharing the price? A local dealer has similar set-up w/ 20,000 miles and asking 62k.

uberskier 03-14-2008 10:43 PM

It was $48K, 33K miles, 2yr/100K CPO.

Carrera Mike 03-14-2008 11:29 PM

Congrats! I always like the C4S rear bumper!

uberskier 03-14-2008 11:34 PM

Mike,
Did you use Bumper plugs for the rear for you?

Carrera Mike 03-14-2008 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by uberskier (Post 5214458)
Mike,
Did you use Bumper plugs for the rear for you?

No... mine came with them palready painted from porsche.

JBRipps 03-15-2008 12:16 AM

Eric....the regular 996's came with painted bumperettes stock starting in '02....but not the C4S....not sure why...maybe better contrast with the big wide arse....

uberskier 03-22-2008 08:00 AM

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! That's about all I can say. I picked up the car yesterday at Blue Grass Porsche in Louisville and I will certainly give them two thumbs up.

Everything went extremely smoothly and quick. Jeremy the sales professional even surprised me with new rubber on all for corners!!!

So far, the trip has been fantastic. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive, the performance and handling is second to none.

It was a beautiful day out here on Friday, but I think I may be encountering some rain and snow on my way home through PA to NY.

We're off in a little bit to see "Fallingwater", the house designed by Frank Llyod Wright in south-western PA. After that, it's the PA pike and 78 back into New York.

Well, it's 7am, I need to get off the computer and rush out to see the car.

(***I am on the hotel computer and don't have my laptop, so I will post pictures when I get home***)

DFC 03-22-2008 08:59 AM

Enjoy! And have a safe trip back.

Phil G. 03-22-2008 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by uberskier (Post 5238638)
UNBELIEVABLE!!!! That's about all I can say. I picked up the car yesterday at Blue Grass Porsche in Louisville and I will certainly give them two thumbs up.

Everything went extremely smoothly and quick. Jeremy the sales professional even surprised me with new rubber on all for corners!!!

So far, the trip has been fantastic. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive, the performance and handling is second to none.

It was a beautiful day out here on Friday, but I think I may be encountering some rain and snow on my way home through PA to NY.

We're off in a little bit to see "Fallingwater", the house designed by Frank Llyod Wright in south-western PA. After that, it's the PA pike and 78 back into New York.

(***I am on the hotel computer and don't have my laptop, so I will post pictures when I get home***)

Again, congratulations - post pics!!! I don't think I'd have the balls to buy a SY car, but it sure looks awesome on the 4S! Enjoy.

Benjamin Choi 03-22-2008 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by uberskier (Post 5238638)

delighted 4u :D

sullie 03-22-2008 07:26 PM

Congrats, post up pictures when you get a chance!