Sponsored by:

Pics of my (new to me) 40th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
I'm no Porsche engineer but shouldn't all those parts be in the car?
Hahahaha.... now that was bloody funny....
Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
I doubt it. My C4S suffers from 2nd Porsche syndrome. Where my 2001 was washed with a diaper the C4S gets the car wash... it's a friggen car not a Fabergé Egg.
You wash your car????!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Once in a while I do
Old 01-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bronston
I would have preferred a reman but that was not offered. A reman engine would have been done in an engine specific shop by a tech who only does engines. I don't doubt the skill of the people at Barrier. That said, I have seen no other posts on failed intermediate shafts on warranty that were not replaced with a reman. I was aware of the this problem when I decided to purchase a Porshe, but in all the cases a reman engine was provided, so I wasn't that worried about it. Silly me. Maybe being so close to the shop when it failed was not such a good thing. In retrospect I wish I had been able to follow the after-the-fact advice of one member, to drive the crap out of it until it really blew and make sure I'd get a reman. Drive it until it seizes or scatters.
If I'd gotten a reman it would have not had as much down-time and I would have been more confident in driving this car and Porsche in general.
you def would've been one of the few in the whole wide world who actually owned a rather exclusive sports car like the 911... to drive it like you wanted to break it, literally. i'm sure the barrier guys will do a bang up job.

brons, what do you do around these parts?
Old 01-21-2008, 02:48 PM
bronston
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
you def would've been one of the few in the whole wide world who actually owned a rather exclusive sports car like the 911... to drive it like you wanted to break it, literally. i'm sure the barrier guys will do a bang up job.

brons, what do you do around these parts?
Been retired since 99. Pursuing a life of perpetual self-indulgence, motorcycles, flying and other amusements not to be discussed on a PG rated forum.

Quick Reply: Pics of my (new to me) 40th Anniversary