Sponsored by:

H6W Litronic Parking Lights Led Replacement Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 02:41 PM
CabrioArtie
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
Thought I would add some fun to this thread, my city light burned out and I would actually rather have a halogen with the different color vs. a LED with similar color to the xenon, called the local dealer....only $32 each for the 6 watt light! LOL

I purchased these from Pelican a little while ago for a far cheaper price, take a look there.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

I bought a set on ebay yesterday for something like $22 shipped.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:17 AM
Duane Salmon
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duane Salmon
Yes, they are 42 Draft Designs BAX9s. Working great for me so far. I replaced them because the old halogen (city lights) were burning out every couple of months. Will let you know if these do too, but I doubt it.
Update to this thread. Same (left) city light - now 42 Draft Designs BAX9S LEDs burnt out yesterday after many connection problems over the last 4 years (this thread 2012). It was the burnt out left HW6 city light that prompted me to change to LEDs in the first place.
Beware of the 42 Draft Designs BAX9S, they are not of great quality. The mounting barrel will eventually spin crossing the wires inside and shorting out the led. A little epoxy glue will prevent this but still, you shouldn't have to do that.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:14 PM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 127 Posts

What would ou suggest for LED upgrade bulbs into the 996 MK1 litronic headlights? Any pics?
Old 12-03-2017, 07:01 PM
wogin
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Good LEDs

Hi all,

I ended up purchasing the same LEDs that ait109 did in his post above for my 02 Boxster S with factory litrnonics. They are called sold on amazon and listed as"H6W BAX9S LED Bulbs 8SMD Headlight Lamp...". HOWEVER, I do not recommend anyone use this particular bulb. It is very dim compared to the stock halogen bulb i.e. you are less visible to other drivers.

I then ordered and installed a different set of bulbs from amazon listed as "
FEIFEIER High Power LED Projector Light Bulb with SMD LED 7.5W white 2x BAX9s HW6... FEIFEIER High Power LED Projector Light Bulb with SMD LED 7.5W white 2x BAX9s HW6...
". These particular bulbs are FANTASTIC! They are several times brighter compared to the previous and disappointing set I tried. They actually fill the lens with white light. I didn't do a direct comparison of these new bulbs to the stock halogen, but they are certainly bright enough and they look so much better than the yellow halogens in my opinion. Too lazy to go out there and take a SBS comparison picture, but just take my word for it that the brightness from this second set of bulbs is very good. They also appear higher quality than the first set. Get these ones. They are bright, they fit, and the car didn't throw any errors. If they burn out Ill post back...haha

Sorry for the freaking huge picture below... I couldn't figure out how to shrink it.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:00 PM
diddy2003
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 152 Posts

I bought them from:
http://woodypeck.com/

They look much better IMO. Just leave some time for shipping to the US.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:08 AM
professorman
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by wogin
Hi all,

I ended up purchasing the same LEDs that ait109 did in his post above for my 02 Boxster S with factory litrnonics. They are called sold on amazon and listed as"H6W BAX9S LED Bulbs 8SMD Headlight Lamp...". HOWEVER, I do not recommend anyone use this particular bulb. It is very dim compared to the stock halogen bulb i.e. you are less visible to other drivers.

I then ordered and installed a different set of bulbs from amazon listed as "FEIFEIER High Power LED Projector Light Bulb with SMD LED 7.5W white 2x BAX9s HW6...". These particular bulbs are FANTASTIC! They are several times brighter compared to the previous and disappointing set I tried. They actually fill the lens with white light. I didn't do a direct comparison of these new bulbs to the stock halogen, but they are certainly bright enough and they look so much better than the yellow halogens in my opinion. Too lazy to go out there and take a SBS comparison picture, but just take my word for it that the brightness from this second set of bulbs is very good. They also appear higher quality than the first set. Get these ones. They are bright, they fit, and the car didn't throw any errors. If they burn out Ill post back...haha
I bought a similar BAX9S bulb. After 1 1/2 year, one of them failed. I removed the bulb to inspect, and the lens on the end fell off. I hear it in my light housing, but I havent found it yet. The assembly is wiggly, seems like it loosened up from vibration driving, and possibly heat. I havent figured out what replacement I am getting yet. I very much like the color compared to the yellow H6W.

I am considering this one. The main thing I am worried about is the heat sink melting the inside of the headlight housing, or melting any wire that it comes in contact with. I could rig something up to get the heatsink on the outside of the headlight housing, but I would have to drill into the back cover.
Any thoughts on it compared to Feifeier?
https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-CAN-bus-15-SMD-1210-non-Xeonn-Position/dp/B00CDBC1YW https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-CAN-bus-15-SMD-1210-non-Xeonn-Position/dp/B00CDBC1YW

Last edited by professorman; 09-10-2019 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:21 AM
Outbound
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Am I the only one that just removed the bulb? I hate how it made the housing look when the headlights turned on. So just took it out. Serves no real purpose except to be a poor old school DRL.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:27 AM
professorman
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Outbound
Am I the only one that just removed the bulb? I hate how it made the housing look when the headlights turned on. So just took it out. Serves no real purpose except to be a poor old school DRL.
haha, I thought about putting back in my halogen bulb, but then I quickly decided to just leave the blown one out... I turned on the headlight and its hard to tell that the blown one is blown. I do want to get back LEDs though. I might have to suck it up and buy the which lasted 1 1/2 years. It looks great with the LEDs. When I am going through the tunnel, I turn on the park light rather than the full headlight. I dont like 'wasting' my HID startups for tunnels, since they are limited lifespan. I go through tunnels twice per day.

Quick Reply: H6W Litronic Parking Lights Led Replacement Update