Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   Group Buy - Aluminum Pedals (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/358134-group-buy-aluminum-pedals.html)

Dutchie in NC 06-10-2007 05:45 PM

Group Buy - Aluminum Pedals

2 Attachment(s)
If we get 10 or more people in we can get them for $80 + $25 shipping. They sell for $99 + $25 shipping on ebay. You can pay via paypal and they will be individually shipped to you from the seller.

Or you can pay full price from Eddy directly....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260126377431

Please send me your email address and specify Automatic or Manual.

Thanks.

BrandX 06-10-2007 06:20 PM

I'm in.

TheSpeedDemon 06-10-2007 06:20 PM

Message sent to you Dutchie. Let me know if you do not get it.

A set for a Manual please.

Keep me posted.

And Thanks you :rockon:

arr0gant 06-10-2007 06:22 PM

I WANT MY PEDALS!! DAMMIT!! I WANT 'EM NOW!!!

Wellardmac 06-10-2007 06:26 PM

I'm in. PM Sent. :thumbup:

Dutchie in NC 06-10-2007 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Message sent to you Dutchie. Let me know if you do not get it.

A set for a Manual please.

Keep me posted.

And Thanks you :rockon:

I'm trying to email you, but keep getting errors... see following. What's going wrong?

The original message was received at Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:25:54 -0400 (EDT) from cpe-071-075-160-174.carolina.res.rr.com [71.75.160.174]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <steven@thespeeddemon.com>
(reason: 551 Sender is on domain's blacklist)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to mail-fwd.mx.g19.rapidsite.net.:
>>> DATA
<<< 551 Sender is on domain's blacklist
550 5.1.1 <steven@thespeeddemon.com>... User unknown <<< 503 Bad sequence of commands

Dutchie in NC 06-10-2007 06:33 PM

Keep'em coming... Can we post a link on some of the other boards?

Wellardmac 06-10-2007 06:33 PM

Do more people get us a greater discount?

Wellardmac 06-10-2007 06:35 PM

I just posted it on our local PCA forum. :)

Dutchie in NC 06-10-2007 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Do more people get us a greater discount?

He said this was as low as he can go, but I figure that if I dangle a larger number of peole in front of him, he might bite at a lower price... worth trying!

Wellardmac 06-10-2007 07:03 PM

Yup - worth a try... a large number should bring his price down considering that he was making money when he was selling them for $79.

LVDell 06-10-2007 07:40 PM

$25 for shipping? Dear Lord, what are they sending them by? FedEx priority overnight? :nono:

Wellardmac 06-10-2007 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by LVDell
$25 for shipping? Dear Lord, what are they sending them by? FedEx priority overnight? :nono:

Yeah, the same thing had occurred to me.

LEP 06-10-2007 08:23 PM

I'm trying to NOT look at the shipping, but just focus on the current delivered price (with the group buy) of $105.

Under a hundred would be better, but it's all better than $125...which is still a bargain!

--

LEP

2002 C4S coupe

arr0gant 06-10-2007 08:42 PM

Oh Dell, always trying to stir sh*t up.. $25 is actually not too bad for the total cost of shipping these. Consider this, the item does not simply ship itself. It takes time and money for the "Handling" as well as package costs and then depending on how heavy the package is, it's probably $12 or so to ship UPS. Anyhow, add in an extra $11 for time/package/handling, it's about right.

G

TheSpeedDemon 06-10-2007 08:55 PM

As an ebay seller I can tell you that it is time consuming to ship items and today shipping costs have gone up since the price of petrol has gone up. Plus they are shipping form Canada so it's even more.

LVDell 06-10-2007 09:02 PM

Sure, whatever you say Demon. I can tell you as somebody who ships packages to friends and family as well that $25 is being bent over.

I just sent 3 sets of brake pads, yes, I said THREE sets, to another rennlister via FedEx and it cost me HALF that to send it.

$25 to send a sent of aluminum pedals is not close to reality, even crossing the border.

Dutchie in NC 06-10-2007 09:12 PM

Sure, whatever you say Demon. I can tell you as somebody who ships packages to friends and family as well that $25 is being bent over.

I just sent 3 sets of brake pads, yes, I said THREE sets, to another rennlister via FedEx and it cost me HALF that to send it.

$25 to send a sent of aluminum pedals is not close to reality, even crossing the border.

it's just disguised profits... I focus on all in price of 105 and that is pretty good. I am sure I can arrange a deal with the guy with 'free' shipping... price will just be $105....

Seeeu911 06-10-2007 09:13 PM

I'm in. Can he get the gauge rings as well ?

dresler 06-10-2007 09:56 PM

I'm in. Manual,
dresler@earthlink.net

Dutchie in NC 06-10-2007 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by dresler
I'm in. Manual,
dresler@earthlink.net

perfect. Believe we have about six people now. Would like to go for another day or two and see how many we get. Might be able to knock a couple of extra dollars off... it's worth trying.

janagler 06-10-2007 11:00 PM

I'm in too.

CosmosC4S 06-10-2007 11:49 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Shipping and Handling doesn't make sense on ebay.

Sellers normally play around with the selling price and shipping to manipulate ebay fees, as well as list a lower selling price so that their items sort out at the top if you are searching by price.

When buying on ebay, or anywhere online, always look at the total shipped price.

arr0gant 06-10-2007 11:49 PM

God you guys are SO wrong, why nitpic $25 shipping? Here is what it costs for the cheapest rate to ship from my city to vancouver, BC. 10lb package with all MY materials and handling.

BoulderNick 06-10-2007 11:54 PM

Oh, what the heck. I'm in too, even given the exorbitant shipping.

Yes, $25 is highway robbery to ship a set of pedals, even from Canada. Yes, ebay S/H is usually close to highway robbery, but this is excessive by even ebay standards.

Yes, the total price of $105 is still a good deal. So, yeah, I'm in too.

- Nick

P.S Oh yeah, forgot to say - make mine manual too, please.

nick49 06-10-2007 11:54 PM

I'll bet the guys supplier in China could arrange to have all kinds of counterfeit stuff produced that we could buy at less than Genuine Porsche prices. This could benefit the Chinese workers, the Importer probably the most and us as well. Just think, stuff that looks like the real thing and even has the Porsche name for a lot less money.

BoulderNick 06-10-2007 11:55 PM

Oh... lookie there.. I was playing with sig pictures the other night, forgot I had... and whaddya know? It showed up..

- Nick

arr0gant 06-10-2007 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by BoulderNick
Oh... lookie there.. I was playing with sig pictures the other night, forgot I had... and whaddya know? It showed up..

- Nick

LQQks awesome!! :)

BoulderNick 06-10-2007 11:58 PM

I'll bet the guys supplier in China could arrange to have all kinds of counterfeit stuff produced that we could buy at less than Genuine Porsche prices. This could benefit the Chinese workers, the Importer probably the most and us as well. Just think, stuff that looks like the real thing and even has the Porsche name for a lot less money.
Sarcasm duly noted ;) Frankly, I don't really care is they say "Porsche" or not, I'd be happy just getting a quality set of aluminum pedals for the price.

Hey, at least they don't say "Poorsha" on them...

- Nick

nick49 06-11-2007 12:08 AM

:roflmao:

exophthalmos 06-11-2007 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
If we get 10 or more people in we can get them for $80 + $25 shipping. They sell for $99 + $25 shipping on ebay. You can pay via paypal and they will be individually shipped to you from the seller.

Or you can pay full price from Eddy directly....

Please send me your email address and specify Automatic or Manual.

Thanks.

Hi Dutchie,
Check your email please.
One set requested, MANUAL!
thx, john

03Targa 06-11-2007 01:36 AM

email sent! :rockon:

bonkur 06-11-2007 12:19 PM

Count me in for one set, manual (email sent)

Thanks for the legwork!

hwk72 06-11-2007 12:46 PM

E-mail sent! Thanks for the initiative! Cheers, Harold :thumbup:

arr0gant 06-11-2007 01:50 PM

Oh, just for the sake of...well, being RIGHT, I called the UPS store to see how much it would cost to ship a 5lb box to canada. This was with THEIR packaging, AND matierials, time and THEM shipping it out for the cheapest (ups standard) rate.

They'd charge $42.00

Before anyone says but yes, UPS is in it to make money. First of all, there is NOTHING wrong with an Ebay seller contracting to the UPS store, and charging the customer exactly that much, which would seem like an "exorbitant" (as you said) amount, but is NOT.

OR, the Ebay seller doing it all him/herself, and making a "small" profit on shipping, for their time, effort and materials and charging what the UPS store would charge.

Good game!

TRWright 06-11-2007 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Oh, just for the sake of...well, being RIGHT, I called the UPS store to see how much it would cost to ship a 5lb box to canada. This was with THEIR packaging, AND matierials, time and THEM shipping it out for the cheapest (ups standard) rate.

you have way too much time on your hands, bro. . .

:p

Chris996 06-11-2007 02:27 PM

Pic of install from last year....

2000 Porsche 996 C2 Cab
Eibach springs.
Short shifter
Fabspeed Exhaust,Headers.

Chris996 06-11-2007 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:grr: Aluminum pedals ....

stumpjumper 06-11-2007 02:37 PM

you may get more people if you post in the boxster forum too, same pedals

Dutchie in NC 06-11-2007 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by stumpjumper
you may get more people if you post in the boxster forum too, same pedals

Done

Reborn996 06-11-2007 04:55 PM

Just sent you a e-mail Steven... count me in for a set of manual pedals!

David

Dutchie in NC 06-11-2007 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by NOBY
If you guys can gather up 70 sets then I can get them for 70 Incl shipping.

As you are not a member, you can't sell her. But we would love to see you sell these to us for $70 with shipping from Sweden included!

Dutchie in NC 06-11-2007 05:11 PM

As you are not a member, you can't sell her. But we would love to see you sell these to us for $70 with shipping from Sweden included!

Where did Noby's post go... did he delete it... or did John D remove it... strange magic happening here!

blinkwatt 06-11-2007 05:32 PM

Chris 996 sold me on the pedals! How hard are they to install? If they aren't too hard I'd consider it.

Manual.

Wellardmac 06-11-2007 05:56 PM

One more set added to the list from a Friend. PM sent.

Dutchie in NC 06-11-2007 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Chris 996 sold me on the pedals! How hard are they to install? If they aren't too hard I'd consider it.

Manual.

from other post it sounds pretty easy (~ an hour). pl send me your email address if you have an interest.

Dutchie in NC 06-11-2007 06:26 PM

Man, this is more work than I thought is was... have been sending email around non-stop!!

Oh well, it is for a good cause!

dytonaed 06-11-2007 06:32 PM

Is the prize for an automatic the same?
After all there are only two pedals.

Dutchie in NC 06-11-2007 06:41 PM

yep; sorry

AndyK 06-11-2007 07:08 PM

After seeing the pix, I'M IN!! 1 set of manual please! :rockon:

Dutchie in NC 06-11-2007 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by AndyK
After seeing the pix, I'M IN!! 1 set of manual please! :rockon:

pl send me your email address

DFC 06-11-2007 08:12 PM

Thanks for all of your work - it is much appreciated! Please count me in (PM Sent).

Dutchie in NC 06-11-2007 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by DFC
Thanks for all of your work - it is much appreciated! Please count me in (PM Sent).

manual or tip?

DFC 06-11-2007 08:15 PM

Sorry, manual!

gillie 06-11-2007 08:53 PM

Obviously some guys have more time on their hands than one would consider healthy. Complaining about a nine dollar overcharge on shipping and getting ripped anytime you have to visit a dealer--and some indies as well. Start the revolution when you have to shell out four figures for an inspection II.
Have a new key made for a couple hundred.
Driving a P-car requires 0-40 Mobil One and a jar of vasoline in the glove compartment.
But, hey, we know that. Right?
Dutchie, a PM was sent and thanks for the efforts.

BoulderNick 06-11-2007 11:24 PM

arr0gant sez:

They'd charge $42.00

Hmm.. I was curious, so I went to UPS.COM and priced shipping from Nainaimo, BC, to Boulder, CO - UPS standard is $22.52 CA. So you're paying a lot for the box and foam peanuts.

But you're right, it's more expensive than I had thought.. and given the cost of shipping internationally, $25 doesn't seem such a bad deal. And the total price
is still a good deal.

So Rock (or should I say Pedal) on! :rockon:

- Nick

arr0gant 06-11-2007 11:32 PM

Hmm.. I was curious, so I went to UPS.COM and priced shipping from Nainaimo, BC, to Boulder, CO - UPS standard is $22.52 CA. So you're paying a lot for the box and foam peanuts.

But you're right, it's more expensive than I had thought.. and given the cost of shipping internationally, $25 doesn't seem such a bad deal. And the total price
is still a good deal.

So Rock (or should I say Pedal) on! :rockon:

- Nick

Originally Posted by gillie
Obviously some guys have more time on their hands than one would consider healthy. Complaining about a nine dollar overcharge on shipping and getting ripped anytime you have to visit a dealer--and some indies as well. Start the revolution when you have to shell out four figures for an inspection II.
Have a new key made for a couple hundred.
Driving a P-car requires 0-40 Mobil One and a jar of vasoline in the glove compartment.
But, hey, we know that. Right?
Dutchie, a PM was sent and thanks for the efforts.

That's about EXACTLY the quote I got from UPS. The EXTRA $20 is for their materials, proper packaging of the product, and the time/labor it takes to take care of it. That my friends, is what it costs for someone to send you a package. So you see folks, $25 to ship from Canada is under cost!

It was just the "usual suspects" trying to make big deal out of absolutely nothing. :to_order:

trehrlich 06-12-2007 12:00 AM

I would like a set for manual.

I sent you an email.

Thanks.

986Jim 06-12-2007 09:05 AM

Would shipping to Canada be the same cost? I'm in Toronto. I can have them shipped on my Fedex account if he will do that then it will cost me bout 8 bux since I get a huge discount based on my volume with them.

I am also an ebay seller and I ship a lot to the US (well 99% acctually) and I'm sending about 30 packages a week so I get a good volume discount on shipping. To send a box that size and weight to even buffalo with all the extra surcharges now would cost me about $18. Then I have to pay for my own boxes (cause stuff you get from taiwan/china that you design or whatever isn't boxed) and packing material. I charge for some smaller stuff $25 shipping and I feel that I'm losing to be honest. It just barely pays for the cost of the material, not even the tape I use to close the box. Anymore and nobody would buy my stuff so what can I do?

Chris996 06-12-2007 02:45 PM

Install not too bad. I have had them for a year now...great. My S2000's looked very much the same as these.

2000 Porsche 996 C2 Cab
Eibach springs.
Short shifter
Fabspeed Exhaust,Headers.

Reborn996 06-12-2007 03:01 PM

Okay Dutchie, I have not seen a reply to my e-mail I sent you... so how do I go about ordering a set? ;) David

BruceP 06-12-2007 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by nick49

Yup. And I think it's really important to encourage copyright infringement wherever we can. That way, nobody will have any incentive to design stuff and, eventually, manufacturers won't have to be accountable for their products. Make the world a better place for sure.

Dutchie in NC 06-12-2007 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Reborn996
Okay Dutchie, I have not seen a reply to my e-mail I sent you... so how do I go about ordering a set? ;) David

I probably have you on my list already, but it's rather hard to keep usernames, real names, and email addresses all linked. what's your email address (or if you don't want to post, just post a piece of it) so I can check with my list

arr0gant 06-12-2007 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by BruceP
Yup. And I think it's really important to encourage copyright infringement wherever we can. That way, nobody will have any incentive to design stuff and, eventually, manufacturers won't have to be accountable for their products. Make the world a better place for sure.

Bit defensive, there, Hoss. That is the kind of unproductive, lame-ass, playground-level, anti-intellectual arguing that I just love wasting my time on.

What you've just done is prove that it's you who knows nothing about how the world really works. I'm sorry you so quickly sunk the conversation to this level. Must be quite embarrassing for you.

BTW, if this forum exists for people who "care about spending less", then I'll cancel my membership.

Hey there, "HOSS", looks like a lot of people are on this forum and participating in this group-buy. Why? To save money!! Question is, when you cancel'n that membership??? :bigbye:

BruceP 06-12-2007 05:01 PM

Hey there, "HOSS", looks like a lot of people are on this forum and participating in this group-buy. Why? To save money!! Question is, when you cancel'n that membership??? :bigbye:

If you're that hard up for cash, maybe you should be driving something else.

Meanwhile, I would love to see someone defend buying counterfeit merchandise on any sort of moral or ethical grounds whatsoever (never mind legal ones). It's no different than pirated music or films or fake Louis Vuitton bags. By definition, it's something posers do, and it's wrong.

Let's remember, there, cupcake: The best way of all to save money is to steal.

Oh, and I'll cancel my membership as soon as I'm convinced most folks on this board are like you. There's no value in paying for ****ty information when there's so much free out there. Gotta save money, you know.

arr0gant 06-12-2007 05:15 PM

Oh, and I'll cancel my membership as soon as I'm convinced most folks on this board are like you.

Most people are probably like me, in that they want to find the best deal that they can, but still get great quality. That's what group-buys are for. That's all I ever claimed I was trying to do...and if that's so wrong, than Brucie, I don't wanna be right!!! :p

On the last contentious thread re: the aluminum gauge rings, you made it into some Chinese labor issue. You turned aluminum rings into some big political thing, claiming it was the reason for our demise and how all of our money is in China, BLAH BLAH BLAH. You attaching some sort of morality to it is ridiculous. I found that hilarious, and still do.

You're blowing this thing WAY out of proportion. I think maybe you need to lighten up, just a little.

BruceP 06-12-2007 05:39 PM

I think your point is completely fair and right, as long as the pedals don't have someone else's logo on them.

Even if "most people" are like you, I kind of hope that there are a few people like me, too, who think that you have to do what's right even if it's inconvenient sometimes. And who care about more than how they look.

Anyhow, I didn't blow anything anywhere. Made one comment. Unfortunately, that flushed you out and the snide shots followed predictably thereafter.

blinkwatt 06-12-2007 05:39 PM

Does anyone have a D.I.Y. on the install?

arr0gant 06-12-2007 05:46 PM

I think your point is completely fair and right, as long as the pedals don't have someone else's logo on them.

Even if "most people" are like you, I kind of hope that there are a few people like me, too, who think that you have to do what's right even if it's inconvenient sometimes. And who care about more than how they look.

Anyhow, I didn't blow anything anywhere. Made one comment. Unfortunately, that flushed you out and the snide shots followed predictably thereafter.

I agree with you. If Porsche does NOT make it, nor license it, yet it has their name on it, that is certainly immoral, if not illegal. I understand you making a comment against it, and I agree with you. However, I am not the Porsche police and I'm certainly not going to break my arm, trying to figure out if Porsche ok'd the manufacture/sales of said product. I do however commend your stand. :cheers:

PS. Sorry if I was a little snide... :surr:

BruceP 06-12-2007 05:50 PM

I agree with you. If Porsche does NOT make it, nor license it, yet it has their name on it, that is certainly immoral, if not illegal. I understand you making a comment against it, and I agree with you. However, I am not the Porsche police and I'm certainly not going to break my arm, trying to figure out if Porsche ok'd the manufacture/sales of said product. I do however commend your stand. :cheers:

PS. Sorry if I was a little snide... :surr:

Likewise. Peace. :cheers:

Reborn996 06-12-2007 06:51 PM

Dutchie, it should be from my (dgraas) AMCC e-mail account. Just let me know how to place the order! ;)

David

Dutchie in NC 06-12-2007 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Reborn996
Dutchie, it should be from my (dgraas) AMCC e-mail account. Just let me know how to place the order! ;)

David

don't have your email address or if you need manual/tip... please send me details so I can add you to the list. will send you a pm as well.

Reborn996 06-12-2007 07:10 PM

Replied back! Thanks Dutchie!

Dutchie in NC 06-12-2007 08:05 PM

I have emailed and pm'ed the following users:

- 03Targa
- emty

I need to know if they need a set of manual or tip and I also need 'emty's' email address. Does anybody know these folks?

Man, this is like hurding cats... should be pretty simple... if only people would follow the simple instructions! :soapbox:

Happy to do it though :biggulp: :biggulp:

arr0gant 06-12-2007 08:27 PM

I have emailed and pm'ed the following users:

- 03Targa
- emty

I need to know if they need a set of manual or tip and I also need 'emty's' email address. Does anybody know these folks?

Man, this is like hurding cats... should be pretty simple... if only people would follow the simple instructions! :soapbox:

Happy to do it though :biggulp: :biggulp:

Dutchie, you're the man!!! :) Hey, how many guys we got, so far?

Dutchie in NC 06-12-2007 08:31 PM

Dutchie, you're the man!!! :) Hey, how many guys we got, so far?

believe we have 16 or 17 so far

Dutchie in NC 06-12-2007 09:20 PM

I will be traveling tomorrow and Thursday and may not have a chance to get everything finalized (will try though). Expect to get all the details to seller by Friday/Saturday latest, so he can start billing everybody and start shipping.

Will keep you posted.

bernocco930S 06-13-2007 12:06 AM

Very cool! I will be traveling also so I hope he is NOT looking for 24 hour response.

Thanks again for all the hard work and coordination of people places and things...... oh $$ too.
eric

blinkwatt 06-13-2007 02:18 AM

Could you email me? sacramentolands@yahoo.com

Would it be possible to just pay $105 for the 1st set of pedals then $80 for another? They would be shipped to the same location and both would be Manuals.

My Dad(996) was sold on the pedals when he saw the pic of them installed,so was I(986).

Dutchie in NC 06-13-2007 08:13 AM

Could you email me? sacramentolands@yahoo.com

Would it be possible to just pay $105 for the 1st set of pedals then $80 for another? They would be shipped to the same location and both would be Manuals.

My Dad(996) was sold on the pedals when he saw the pic of them installed,so was I(986).

really don't know... you should figure that out with seller at time of payment. please let me know if you want to go ahead yes or no. thx

every day 06-13-2007 10:44 AM

email sent - thanks!

blinkwatt 06-13-2007 02:03 PM

really don't know... you should figure that out with seller at time of payment. please let me know if you want to go ahead yes or no. thx

Does the seller have an email account I can contact him/her at?

myrmidon 06-13-2007 02:28 PM

So I'm getting very interested, but have 2 more questions:

(01) Are you still getting more people or the group buy, or has the 'cutoff date' been reached?
(02) Do you have enough people warranting a further drop in the price (by $10 or so)?

super66 06-13-2007 03:18 PM

Hi. I am interested in a set for a manual 987.....I emailed my info over to you

perfectlap 06-13-2007 04:25 PM

I paid $100 delivered for these on Ebay. Excellent quality. Never installed them but traded them for center caps to another forum member. I shipped them to the new owner for $15 via UPS.
If you are getting this seller 20 orders you can *definitely* haggle down the price and the shipping. Why not try $75 delivered? I've been dealing with a manufacturing plant in China right now. You would not believe how cheap their cost is on these types of things. The exact same pedals are sold to Japanese import guys for $50 or less. Slap a Porsche etched logo and they become $100. :confused:

arr0gant 06-13-2007 04:32 PM

Once we get to 20 people, tell them $80 shipped, or else we WALK! Power to the PEOPLE! :rockon:

Sboxin 06-13-2007 07:48 PM

I'm in also - thanks

Sent Email info

Ed (Arizona)

Dutchie in NC 06-13-2007 07:50 PM

Once we get to 20 people, tell them $80 shipped, or else we WALK! Power to the PEOPLE! :rockon:

trust me I have tried... this is the deal he is willing to do and that's it. I will start emailing him our list tonight if I can get to it and expect seller will contact you to do the transaction via paypal. If you don't want to do a deal with him anymore, just email him back.

DFC 06-13-2007 07:52 PM

Thanks Dutchie, your efforts are very much appreciated! :cheers:

blinkwatt 06-14-2007 02:33 AM

trust me I have tried... this is the deal he is willing to do and that's it. I will start emailing him our list tonight if I can get to it and expect seller will contact you to do the transaction via paypal. If you don't want to do a deal with him anymore, just email him back.

Perhaps you should let him know that we know they were being sold for $65 last year,not including a group buy.

bernocco930S 06-14-2007 02:48 AM

Dutchie, your hard work and balancing act is very appreciated. Got your email and I will be ordering. I THINK THE PRICE IS FINE!! Thanks again, talk with you next week, eric

dytonaed 06-14-2007 02:51 AM

E-mail sent please add me for one set 2001 996TT Automatic.

blinkwatt 06-14-2007 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by bernocco930S
Dutchie, your hard work and balancing act is very appreciated.

+1 Thanks for your time & work.

Dutchie in NC 06-14-2007 08:54 AM

Perhaps you should let him know that we know they were being sold for $65 last year,not including a group buy.

I did... trust me. He claims those were different... rubber plug inserts versus rubber matted (or vice versa)... may be BS, I don't know.

All, I really do appreciate all your comments... some people have been fantistic and incredibly nice... thanks to all of you :thumbup: :thumbup:

To all the Monday morning QB's... it's a free country and you don't have to buy these at this price. If you can get a better deal by yourself... have at it. I think we are doing pretty decent at this price.

kuuner 06-14-2007 11:00 PM

I'm in....What now?

kuuner 06-14-2007 11:00 PM

I'm in....What now?

TheSpeedDemon 06-14-2007 11:09 PM

I did... trust me. He claims those were different... rubber plug inserts versus rubber matted (or vice versa)... may be BS, I don't know.

All, I really do appreciate all your comments... some people have been fantistic and incredibly nice... thanks to all of you :thumbup: :thumbup:

To all the Monday morning QB's... it's a free country and you don't have to buy these at this price. If you can get a better deal by yourself... have at it. I think we are doing pretty decent at this price.

Dutchie,

I am still good with these as they are the best I have seen for this price. The more expensive ones are not much different and I am going to be using this on a street car not a race car so I can be flexible.

Thanks again :cheers:

jcalhoun 06-14-2007 11:20 PM

I am very happy with my pedals. I ordered the same ebay pedals about 1 year ago. Great fitment, quality, non slip, and fairly easy to install. No issues 1 year later. I did have to go to a local hardware store and buy longer screws for the install.

you can see pics of the installed pedals in my link below my signiture.

Cincy_Ron 06-15-2007 05:05 AM

I'm in. Email sent to Dutchie. Thanks for the work!

lic265 06-15-2007 09:29 AM

Email sent
Thanks

TheSpeedDemon 06-15-2007 12:15 PM

Dutchie, received my PayPal request from the seller and sent it.

Now the wait begins.

Thanks again for setting this up.

:cheers:

Wellardmac 06-15-2007 12:16 PM

I got my email too. I just emailed Dutchie to make sure that the payment request came from the right place. I know, I'm cautious.

arr0gant 06-15-2007 12:20 PM

I got my email too. I just emailed Dutchie to make sure that the payment request came from the right place. I know, I'm cautious.

Smart, I should have waited too, but I sent payment.

TheSpeedDemon 06-15-2007 12:40 PM

Understood about the caution and it does make sense.

For 'me', I was already watching the items on eBay and it is the same seller that sent the request, so I went for it.

AndyK 06-15-2007 12:41 PM

Yeah, we got a paypal request from 'Hung-Wei Haung', and I was about to delete it, thinking it was a foreign porn spam! It did say Porsche Pedal payment, and it was for the right amount, so I sent it along as well!

Wellardmac 06-15-2007 12:43 PM

Yeah, I figured it was him, but equally I could watch this thread and send you an email requesting money for pedals. ;)

I checked the original ebay ad and couldn't see a way of determinig if it was the same guy.

Dutchie in NC 06-15-2007 03:54 PM

he is the correct guy

Wellardmac 06-15-2007 04:04 PM

Thanks!

Payment sent!

So, are we having an installation party? :D

TheSpeedDemon 06-15-2007 04:14 PM

Thanks!

Payment sent!

So, are we having an installation party? :D

Well what we should do is, as soon as somebody as installed them and has pics, that person starts a new post that will contain the group buy cars labled as such (i.e. Group Buy Aluminium Pedals - Installed). I really see no need to have multiple posts of this, just the one will do.

viprklr 06-15-2007 05:43 PM

Payment sent. Can't wait to get them on the ol' 4S.

Wellardmac 06-15-2007 07:04 PM

Well what we should do is, as soon as somebody as installed them and has pics, that person starts a new post that will contain the group buy cars labled as such (i.e. Group Buy Aluminium Pedals - Installed). I really see no need to have multiple posts of this, just the one will do.

Well, that or just post photos in this thread.

exophthalmos 06-16-2007 02:22 AM

so i got the payment request from the same dude (hung-wei huang). the total is $105.00. Is this the correct figure? By the way, I am assuming M/T stands for MANUAL TRANSMISSION right ?

thx, john

Dutchie in NC 06-16-2007 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by exophthalmos
so i got the payment request from the same dude (hung-wei huang). the total is $105.00. Is this the correct figure? By the way, I am assuming M/T stands for MANUAL TRANSMISSION right ?

thx, john

$80 + $25 in shipping... amount is correct

TOORUF 06-16-2007 07:51 PM

Can I still get in on this?

Cincy_Ron 06-16-2007 11:32 PM

Tooruf,

I just emailed the guy running the auction and this is what he sent me.

Hi, i offer 110 if you want to go through with me. because its not a group buy, and your item will be delivered next business day. its faster.

please let me know your paypal email address.

So $5 more than the group buy if you email him and mention it.

Now, I'm not cheap, but I'm not in a hurry either. And $5 is a pint at my favorite pub!

TheSpeedDemon 06-16-2007 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cincy_Ron
Tooruf,

I just emailed the guy running the auction and this is what he sent me.

Hi, i offer 110 if you want to go through with me. because its not a group buy, and your item will be delivered next business day. its faster.

please let me know your paypal email address.

So $5 more than the group buy if you email him and mention it.

Now, I'm not cheap, but I'm not in a hurry either. And $5 is a pint at my favorite pub!

hmmm interesting...would that be Newcastle or Fullers ESB? :cheers:

DOCSTUK 06-17-2007 11:39 AM

I got similar reply...$110, thought I was part of group buy too? I guess I'll give the guy the extra $5 :o

Cincy_Ron 06-17-2007 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by DOCSTUK
I got similar reply...$110, thought I was part of group buy too? I guess I'll give the guy the extra $5 :o

We may have to go through Dutchie to get the $105 deal. I'm going to wait until I hear from him before I do anything.

TheSpeedDemon, what does ESB stand for? Didn't understand your question...

TOORUF 06-17-2007 01:05 PM

Cincy_Ron
Do you have the ebay link?
Thanks

TheSpeedDemon 06-17-2007 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cincy_Ron
We may have to go through Dutchie to get the $105 deal. I'm going to wait until I hear from him before I do anything.

TheSpeedDemon, what does ESB stand for? Didn't understand your question...

ESB = Extra Special Bitter it's one of Fullers beers that if you are going to a true 'pub' they should have that on tap, if not hit-up your local Bev-Mo :cheers:

yizzung 06-17-2007 01:47 PM

I just made my payment. I've never before sent over $100 via paypal to a random person in Taiwan, so I sure hope this works out...

Dutchie in NC 06-17-2007 03:16 PM

I think you have to go through me to get the 105 deal. just sent me your email address and I can take care of it,

Macho Belly 06-19-2007 01:56 PM

I haven't heard from the ebay guy yet. Is he waiting for re-stock to contact some of the late entrants? Or am I the only one?

Dutchie in NC 06-19-2007 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Macho Belly
I haven't heard from the ebay guy yet. Is he waiting for re-stock to contact some of the late entrants? Or am I the only one?

believe he is waiting on restock. When did you send me your email address?

Wellardmac 06-19-2007 11:21 PM

Did he say how long it would take for the first pedals to start arriving? I'm hoping that they'll be here for the weekend. :)

I was hoping to get a tracking number or something, but I never heard anything after I sent the payment. I even wonder how it's being shipped. Any ideas?

bernocco930S 06-20-2007 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Macho Belly

You are not the only one. I have not received an invoice either. I messed up my first go by giving Dutchie the WRONG email address :to_order: Oh Well...... now I will pay the price!

Very little I have attempted to do to upgrade this car has worked out for some strange reason. I am still sitting on a complete set of wheels and tires that do not fit my car (received in FEB) My goal was to have the car **done** by the time I had some upcoming major surgery.

Life is great! and it is great to be alive!
eric

Dutchie in NC 06-20-2007 07:57 AM

he told me shipping would be 5-7 business days. He emailed me that he shipped on Monday.

If you haven't received a paypal from him, sent me a PM and I will check.

Wellardmac 06-20-2007 05:48 PM

Cool! Thanks.

arr0gant 06-23-2007 12:27 PM

Got my PEDALS!! THEY LOOK PERFECT!! w00t!

dresler 06-23-2007 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by bernocco930S

Very little I have attempted to do to upgrade this car has worked out for some strange reason. I am still sitting on a complete set of wheels and tires that do not fit my car (received in FEB) My goal was to have the car **done** by the time I had some upcoming major surgery.

eric

Damn, me too. I am sitting here with my right arm in a cast from my wrist to armpit on a perfect day and I can't even get in my car, let alone drive or work on it!

Wellardmac 06-23-2007 12:50 PM

Damn! Mail hasn't arrived yet... :(

Dutchie in NC 06-23-2007 12:50 PM

Got my PEDALS!! THEY LOOK PERFECT!! w00t!

I guess you are the first one... can you post a pic of what they look like (before install), so we can all make sure we are getting the same ones.

Can't wait till I get mine... :(

TheSpeedDemon 06-23-2007 01:13 PM

he told me shipping would be 5-7 business days. He emailed me that he shipped on Monday.

If you haven't received a paypal from him, sent me a PM and I will check.

Dutchie, just PM'd you.

Thanks again.

dresler 06-23-2007 01:29 PM

Mine just came. Postman had a fit with the customs forms. Look good except mounting screws seem not quite right, will probably look for other type...

I would show pic but for my arm, it is all I can do to type!

Thank you Dutch

Dutchie in NC 06-23-2007 02:00 PM

Dutchie, just PM'd you.

Thanks again.

PM'ed you back... did he sent you paypal?

TheSpeedDemon 06-23-2007 02:03 PM

PM'ed you back... did he sent you paypal?

All I have received from PayPal is my receipt of payment to the seller. Again not worried at this moment.

Stuart 06-23-2007 03:08 PM

Hi all,
I received my pedals from Taiwan 8:40am today EST via express mail.
I'm really not a DIY'er and need some instructions, none came with the pedals. I'm sure it's pretty simple to drill holes and all but I think I recall someone saying that the hardware was a little short and needed longer screws. Can someone that has done the install send me some directions, ie., what kind a drill bit etc.
Thanks!
Stuart :confused:

Wellardmac 06-23-2007 03:16 PM

Damn. Mine didn't arrive today. :(

Oh well, you guys that got them first can teach us how to do it and post photos. I'd be particularly interested in if you have to angle the holes that you drill in order to get a good fit.

AndyK 06-23-2007 04:21 PM

Got mine yesterday! Took 2 days from Taiwan to NJ, amazing! Came in a nice box, in perfect shape, top notch! They do have a "fake" Porsche logo, but they look like they cost 3 times what we paid!

Thanks again Dutchie, and Eric Kuo, the ebay seller.

gota911 06-23-2007 06:41 PM

Damn. Mine didn't arrive today. :(

Oh well, you guys that got them first can teach us how to do it and post photos. I'd be particularly interested in if you have to angle the holes that you drill in order to get a good fit.

Wayne - You mean they didn't tell you? Man, that's just wrong! They should have told you before you ordered the pedals, that Taiwan can not ship anything to PA, 'cuz PA has an import embargo levied against Taiwan.

Just kidding! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/2.gif :evilgrin:

TheSpeedDemon 06-23-2007 07:00 PM

USPS came and went...nothing today, oh well I am sure they will come this week so that next weekend I can put them on.

krisd 06-23-2007 07:10 PM

I ordered some a couple years ago. I used the sheet metal screws that came with the pedals but bought some longer screws and nylon self locking nuts for the brake and clutch pedals. Install was easy just make sure you have the holes lined up so they don't come through where the pedals connect to the brake and clutch arms. A small clamp to hold them on while you drill the holes also helps. I also used a right angle drill; although, I am sure a regular drill would have worked if you manuvered it around a bit. I also took off the rubber pads on the brake and clutch pedals.

Kris

Wellardmac 06-23-2007 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by gota911
Wayne - You mean they didn't tell you? Man, that's just wrong! They should have told you before you ordered the pedals, that Taiwan can not ship anything to PA, 'cuz PA has an import embargo levied against Taiwan.

Just kidding! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/2.gif :evilgrin:

Bad boy! :to_order: :to_order:

I guess that St. Louis is closer to Taiwan than PA, but I have no explanation as to how Andy got his to NJ before me. :(

Stuart 06-23-2007 10:18 PM

Do you need a special sheet metal drill to make the holes? What size longer screws did you need? Any help appreciated...

AndyK 06-23-2007 10:37 PM

They don't come UPS, by they way. They come via the US Mail. They were sent Taiwan Express Mail, or something, winds up being delivered by the mailman.

Wellardmac 06-23-2007 11:00 PM

They don't come UPS, by they way. They come via the US Mail. They were sent Taiwan Express Mail, or something, winds up being delivered by the mailman.

I'm not talking to you, you stole my pedals. :crying:

BTW, you can stop the drill bit from slipping by placing masking tape over the spot you want to drill. I'd also recommend drilling a small guide hole, then drilling the larger hole over it.

Are you coming on my drive next month? I'm still waiting to see that car of yours. Hopefully we'll be able to compare installed pedals by then. :)

Dutchie in NC 06-24-2007 08:48 AM

Guys... show me a pic of what they look like (even uninstalled)... have been collecting a bilion emails from all of you over the past weeks but still don't have my own pedals...

dresler 06-24-2007 12:44 PM

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/pedals_copy7.jpg

Best I could do with one arm....

Dutchie in NC 06-24-2007 01:10 PM

thx!

cdodkin 06-24-2007 01:28 PM

thx!

Look here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...boxster+pedals

Plenty of pics installed :)

cdodkin 06-24-2007 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart
Do you need a special sheet metal drill to make the holes? What size longer screws did you need? Any help appreciated...

Yes - use HSS bits to drill the pedals - start smaller than you'll finally need, then use the actual size bit for the final hole size. Starting with a small bit makes accurate drilling way easier - as does using masking tape on the pedal and marking the drilling positions on it - helps prevent the drill bit slipping as you start.

Use #6 oval head screws - I found black oval head versions at Home Depot so they matched the black rubber pads on the pedals.

Bought a few screw lengths to give me some options when fitting the various pedals - 1/2", 3/4", 1" - cheap as chips - easy to do.

Holds the pedals nicely - I didn't use any of the mounting hardware supplied with the kit in the end.

dresler 06-24-2007 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by cdodkin
Look here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...boxster+pedals

Plenty of pics installed :)

Required reading!

I think I will try and tap threads to mount mine, backed up with a touch of gorilla glue, when the time comes.

gota911 06-24-2007 02:08 PM

Oh crap! They sent you a brake pedal designed for Australia, its upside-down! :D

dresler 06-24-2007 02:10 PM

:thumbsup: Wern't you gonna sell that car?

Stuart 06-24-2007 02:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
cdodkin-got your post a little late :(
Anyway, I think I did Ok except I broke one of the screws off attaching the brake. Finally got out the broken screw but not before I scratched the pedal a little, oh well! I used flat washer, locking washer and locktite(the blue stuff)and nut with 1.25" screw. Hope it stays on :) .
Thanks for the help!

Caguy 06-24-2007 04:48 PM

If it is not too late for the group buy, I would like to get in on this one. What do I need to do?

Thank!

Stuart 06-24-2007 06:48 PM

contact the seller,his name is Eddy, tell him you want the group buy price when he gets restocked, hope this helps! For group pricing see earlier posts!
Btw, I paid $110 total
Stu

Dutchie in NC 06-24-2007 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Caguy
If it is not too late for the group buy, I would like to get in on this one. What do I need to do?

Thank!

or you send me an email and I get it for 105 for you in the group buy...

Stuart 06-24-2007 08:05 PM

yes, e-mail Dutchie in NC for the group buy...sorry :thumbsup:

arr0gant 06-24-2007 08:54 PM

Got my pedals installed. Pics to follow.

Dutchie in NC 06-24-2007 08:55 PM

how long did it take you?

arr0gant 06-24-2007 08:57 PM

how long did it take you?

Dunno, paid a shop $50 They look GREAT!!

I can't believe I bought these plus install for around the same price as OEM aluminum gauge rings!! ;)

gota911 06-24-2007 09:25 PM

:thumbsup: Wern't you gonna sell that car?

Yeah, it still for sale! :)

gota911 06-24-2007 09:36 PM

WTF! Pics to follow? Don't make me treat you like a "Newbie" and harass you for not posting pics! Come on "U-Boat Commander" post the !@&%#$^@#& pics! :evilgrin:

Damn, that was FUN! :D

Wellardmac 06-24-2007 09:40 PM

WTF! Pics to follow? Don't make me treat you like a "Newbie" and harass you for not posting pics! Come on "U-Boat Commander" post the !@&%#$^@#& pics! :evilgrin:

Damn, that was FUN! :D

Wow! It's been a while since we saw Tim let loose like that... more! more! :evilgrin:

Chuck Jones 06-25-2007 03:31 AM

Tim: You gotta stick around. Who are we going to have to go ballistic over newbie pics if you go?

gota911 06-25-2007 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Tim: You gotta stick around. Who are we going to have to go ballistic over newbie pics if you go?

Chuck - what do you mean "go ballistic?" I thought I was being "nice!" :evilgrin:

Wellardmac 06-25-2007 05:58 PM

Arrrrrrgghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Sorry, I had to let that out. Looks like my pedals arrived today, but because noone was home they were not delivered... why were they not left in your absence? I hear you ask.... well because the dufus sender required a signature to be provided in person....

:grr: :grr: :grr: :to_order: :to_order: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: '

You get the idea.

Now I have to find out a way to get to the post office that is well out of my way and normally closed at all the times that I normally have time to go there.

I could slap him silly right now.

Dutchie in NC 06-25-2007 08:08 PM

Arrrrrrgghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Sorry, I had to let that out. Looks like my pedals arrived today, but because noone was home they were not delivered... why were they not left in your absence? I hear you ask.... well because the dufus sender required a signature to be provided in person....

:grr: :grr: :grr: :to_order: :to_order: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: '

You get the idea.

Now I have to find out a way to get to the post office that is well out of my way and normally closed at all the times that I normally have time to go there.

I could slap him silly right now.

Same here!! They left a card though so I can sign and they should leave it at the door... hopefully that works.

Wellardmac 06-25-2007 08:42 PM

Lucky! Mine had a box checked on the card that said that the package needed to be signed for in person.

DFC 06-25-2007 08:51 PM

They attempted to deliver mine on Saturday around 6:30pm - I was out and they left a card that they would re-deliver once, then I would have to pick it up. They showed up on Sunday! Surprised the heck outta me. I am very happy with the quality - the packaging was even nice!

Wellardmac 06-25-2007 08:55 PM

I guess YMMV by postal carrier.

CosmosC4S 06-25-2007 09:42 PM

Hey, I thought you guys were talking about shipping rates from Canada?
How is it now shipped from Taiwan??

BrandX 06-25-2007 10:50 PM

Yeah, I thought I would do great, being in Canada. In fact the shipper is in Nanaimo, less than 100 km. away, so I figured I'd get mine first. Sigh, still not here!

Wellardmac 06-25-2007 10:52 PM

Noep, I think we all thought that the pedals were coming from Canada, but in reality they're coming from Taiwan.... that's a Canadian province right? one of the Franglais speaking ones. :evilgrin:

gota911 06-26-2007 12:53 AM

I guess YMMV by postal carrier.

Wayen - it's that "PA import embargo" I tell ya! :evilgrin:

bernocco930S 06-26-2007 01:49 AM

UPDATE, still have not received a PayPal notice yet but still hoping and waiting.......................................................

viprklr 06-26-2007 08:06 AM

I got mine on Saturday morning. The came from the USPS but were a special delivery. The package indicated that they were shipped from Taiwan. Look great. Can't wait to put them on this weekend. Good luck to everyone.

arr0gant 06-26-2007 11:38 AM

Ya guys, I don't care if they shipped from right next door, we got a hell of a deal! These pedals are SWEET! I LOVE that they say Porsche on 'em.

hwk72 06-26-2007 12:01 PM

I got mine yesterday - they look good! Now I have to jump over my shadow and start drilling holes in my car :( (lucky me, it's not a RUF bumper where I drill) :)

Wellardmac 06-26-2007 02:24 PM

:D

Now I just have to find a right hand drill.

Dutchie in NC 06-26-2007 02:28 PM

:D

Now I just have to find a right hand drill.

how did you get yours... did you drive to post office? I still don't have mine... they better be sitting on my front door steps when I get home!! I deserve better after putting this whole thing together... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wellardmac 06-26-2007 02:31 PM

I had to unexpectedly leave work early to visit a doctor, so picked them up from the post office. I'm working at home for the rest of the afternoon. :)

It's bizarre how UPS and Fedex let you leave a signature for a package, but USPS doesn't not customer friendly.

TheSpeedDemon 06-26-2007 07:25 PM

Got mine delivered today. Actually I noticed that they attempted delivery yesterday but needed a signature. So I stayed home today.

BTW...postage was 700 Thai Baht (THB) or Taiwanese New Dollars (TWD), not sure which one he used, but that is approximately 22 USD (depending on which convertor you use and when), so the shipping fee of $25.00 was fair.

BoulderNick 06-26-2007 07:37 PM

Got mine yesterday. Today was my birthday, so I took the day off work - got 3 of the 4 installed - need to go out to the hardware store to get longer bolts for the gas pedal.

Drilling the brake pedal was a b*tch.

Wellardmac:
It's bizarre how UPS and Fedex let you leave a signature for a package, but USPS doesn't not customer friendly.
I think it depends upon the local folks. Around here, our regular USPS guy is cool and leaves packages all the time. UPS will leave them unless it says sig required. Fedex will leave em unless it says sig required, and then they'll leave them if you sign the release and leave it for them to pick up the next day - UNLESS someone specifies "signature in person required" - gack - I hate when people do that.. then you HAVE to sign for it, in person, and that means taking a day (or at least a half day) off work..

- Nick

Wellardmac 06-26-2007 07:56 PM

Got mine yesterday. Today was my birthday, so I took the day off work - got 3 of the 4 installed - need to go out to the hardware store to get longer bolts for the gas pedal.

Drilling the brake pedal was a b*tch.

If you can give tip son how you would do it differently, that would be great also - if you could post on the different bolts that you used, that would be great.

TheSpeedDemon 06-26-2007 08:07 PM

If you can give tips on how you would do it differently, that would be great also - if you could post on the different bolts that you used, that would be great.

I totally agree because this is a 'group' install and so those of you that are hard at work installing them or have installed them, please let us know what hardware was used for what pedal to make it a success for the others in the group that unfortunately will not get to the install until probably this weekend.

Very much appreciated :thumbup:

Dutchie in NC 06-26-2007 08:33 PM

All,

I just released final details to seller, so all of you should be taken care of (I sent separate email to you earlier tonight). If you don't here from seller in next 48 hours, please let me know and I can try to troubleshoot.

Guess I'm done with my tasks... if only I would have my pedals! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

TheSpeedDemon 06-26-2007 08:47 PM

All,

I just released final details to seller, so all of you should be taken care of (I sent separate email to you earlier tonight). If you don't here from seller in next 48 hours, please let me know and I can try to troubleshoot.

Guess I'm done with my tasks... if only I would have my pedals! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Dutchie...again a BIG THANK YOU for getting this done for us and I hope you do get your pedals soon.

Wellardmac 06-26-2007 08:59 PM

^ +100 Dutchie, I probably wouldn't have done this mod for a while without you arranging this. Thank you very much.

A bunch of us will be doing the group install this weekend... we'll get this done together. :)

DFC 06-26-2007 09:03 PM

Another big plus from me Dutchie! I am very happy with the pedals, but most likely won't get to install them until next weekend... :crying:

Dutchie in NC 06-26-2007 09:27 PM

So what's the next group buy... I need a detailing machine! Can we get 20 guys??

bernocco930S 06-26-2007 10:50 PM

++ Dutchie! Just PAID my PayPal invoice from Mr. Huang. COOOL!! I am a few steps behind you lucky guys that already have BAD-ASS pedals but I am patient. I am still fighting to get my money back from a guy that promised to send me WIDE BODY wheels for my S but instead sent NARROW and of course they hit the front brakes and are not the correct width in the rear. I have no problem waiting for the pedals...... Enjoy guys! I will be back with PIX eric

BoulderNick 06-26-2007 10:56 PM

+100 on the thanks to Dutchie - like the rest, I'm not sure I would have gotten around to this for a while.

As far as install tips, I think the biggest one was the one already given by a previous poster - do the brake first, since it's metal it's hard to drill through - then since the clutch is plastic it's much easier to adjust to get the pedal lined up.

Other than that, a right angle drill isn't strictly necessary but sure helps a lot. As far as hardware, I think everything is fine except the bolts for the lower section of the gas pedal - there are nine nuts, bolts, and washers (for the brake, clutch, and gas pedals), and three screws for the dead pedal since you can't reach behind that. At least in my case, the gas pedal is fairly thick at the base and needs an extra half inch or so so to give you some purchase for the bolt.

For the brake and clutch, I held the pedal up, marked where I needed to drill, drilled the first hole in the pedal, then screwed the pedal on loosely with just the one bolt.. that allowed me adjust the pedal position, then use the pedal itself as template to start drilling the next hole. Then I'd install the pedal with the 2 bolts, and use it again as a template to get the 3rd hole lined up..

I used a little blue loctite on the final assembly since I'm not sure I'd want the brake pedal coming halfway loose and hanging up somewhere while I'm driving..

All in all not too difficult an operation, except for drilling the dolgarned brake pedal.

- Nick

Wellardmac 06-26-2007 11:01 PM

Thanks for the guidance. :thumbup:

Now, when you say that you did the brake pedal first, do you mean first (before the gas and dead pedal), or just doing it before the clutch?

Just checking, as my instinct would be to do the dead pedal and gas first, as they would seem to be least adjustable. What am I missing?

BoulderNick 06-27-2007 12:02 AM

Thanks for the guidance. :thumbup:

Now, when you say that you did the brake pedal first, do you mean first (before the gas and dead pedal), or just doing it before the clutch?

Just checking, as my instinct would be to do the dead pedal and gas first, as they would seem to be least adjustable. What am I missing?

I did the brake first, but you're right, the gas and the dead basically go where they go - no real room for adjustment. It's only the brake and the clutch that you're worried about aligning at all, though.. the other's as so different in size there's really no alignment issues per se between brake and gas, or clutch
and dead pedal..

So the point is to do the brake before the clutch, so you can align the clutch better with it - other than that, pick your favorite order ;)

- Nick

arr0gant 06-27-2007 12:06 AM

3 cheers for Dutchee!! Hip-hip-HOOORAY!!! :)

Thanks brotha!

CosmosC4S 06-27-2007 12:47 AM

So what's the next group buy... I need a detailing machine! Can we get 20 guys??

How about these: Carbon-Fiber Mirror Covers

exophthalmos 06-27-2007 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by CosmosC4S

I was thinking to get a group buy on the interior from Eric at bumperplugs.com......

Caguy 06-27-2007 02:12 AM

I second a carbon fiber interior group buy....

Wellardmac 06-27-2007 07:04 AM

I did the brake first, but you're right, the gas and the dead basically go where they go - no real room for adjustment. It's only the brake and the clutch that you're worried about aligning at all, though.. the other's as so different in size there's really no alignment issues per se between brake and gas, or clutch
and dead pedal..

So the point is to do the brake before the clutch, so you can align the clutch better with it - other than that, pick your favorite order ;)

- Nick

Thanks, that's what I figured, but just wanted to check. I figured that the dead pedal and gas wouldn't have that much wiggle room, so the brake and clutch should be aligned with them if possible.

gota911 06-27-2007 08:10 AM

3 cheers for Dutchee!! Hip-hip-HOOORAY!!! :)

Thanks brotha!

Gant - you "short changed" him! That was only one cheer!

trehrlich 06-27-2007 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Killing 2 birds with one stone.

I'm a newbie, and don't want to get in trouble. So, here's a picture of my 2001 with the new pedals.

Dutchie in NC 06-27-2007 10:35 AM

Gant - you "short changed" him! That was only one cheer!

Thx for looking out for me Tim!

TheSpeedDemon 06-27-2007 11:24 AM

Now maybe I should have bought a second set for my next P car because I probably will not be removing this set once I install them.

cdodkin 06-27-2007 11:27 AM

Thanks, that's what I figured, but just wanted to check. I figured that the dead pedal and gas wouldn't have that much wiggle room, so the brake and clutch should be aligned with them if possible.

Actually the gas pedal has some wiggle room - it's the dead pedal which doesn't.

You have some side to side play in the gas pedal position, based on where you'd like it to sit in relation to the pedal underneath, and the brake pedal.

The cut away shape of the brake (and clutch) pedal makes for better access to the gas pedal without repositioning your heel - so it's a nice upgrade.

cdodkin 06-27-2007 11:29 AM

Now maybe I should have bought a second set for my next P car because I probably will not be removing this set once I install them.

I bought 1 set, then had to immediately order a 2nd when wifey saw the upgrade to the 996, then wanted a set for her Boxster!

Could have saved on mailing costs from Taiwan :banghead:

arr0gant 06-27-2007 11:30 AM

Thx for looking out for me Tim!

FINE, HERE. HIP-HIP--HOOOORAY, HIP-HIP--HOOOORAY!!!

There, you satisfied? Now LEAVE ME ALONE! ;)

Wellardmac 06-27-2007 05:53 PM

Careful Tim, he hasn't called you gay yet, but he will! :evilgrin:

Wellardmac 06-27-2007 05:53 PM

Actually the gas pedal has some wiggle room - it's the dead pedal which doesn't.

You have some side to side play in the gas pedal position, based on where you'd like it to sit in relation to the pedal underneath, and the brake pedal.

The cut away shape of the brake (and clutch) pedal makes for better access to the gas pedal without repositioning your heel - so it's a nice upgrade.

Thanks! I liked your post in the other thread and will be relying on your write up when I get around to installing mine. :)

arr0gant 06-27-2007 05:59 PM

Careful Tim, he hasn't called you gay yet, but he will! :evilgrin:

If by "gay" you mean happy, he is the GAYEST person I've EVER MET!!! I KNOW most would agree! :cheers:

dresler 06-27-2007 08:56 PM

But will he still be gay when he sells his car????

gota911 06-27-2007 10:43 PM

But will he still be gay when he sells his car????

NO, DAMN IT! :banghead:

Any other !@#$%^&*% questions you want to ask?

Just kidding! :D

dresler 06-27-2007 10:46 PM

So DON'T SELL IT!!!! There has to be another way!!

arr0gant 06-28-2007 02:19 AM

Don't sell your car, STAY GAY! LOL My new slogan "Stay GAY"!!

AndyK 06-28-2007 03:52 PM

Did you guys remove the plastic dead pedal, and the rubber on the brake and clutch, or install over it? I assume you leave the gas pedal and just install over it? I might have missed it in the thread.

Dutchie in NC 06-28-2007 05:45 PM

finally got my pedals!!!

TheSpeedDemon 06-28-2007 05:46 PM

finally got my pedals!!!

Yeah..bout time dude. U putting them on this weekend?

Dutchie in NC 06-28-2007 06:16 PM

Yeah..bout time dude. U putting them on this weekend?

hopefully so!

Wellardmac 06-28-2007 07:24 PM

Yup, I went out and bought a right angle drill adaptor and new screws today. It also occurred to me the locking washers would make life easier, so I bought those also.

TheSpeedDemon 06-28-2007 07:36 PM

Yup, I went out and bought a right angle drill adaptor and new screws today. It also occurred to me the locking washers would make life easier, so I bought those also.

When do you plan on doing the install?

When it is all done, please let me/us know what hardware you 'actually' used so that I/we can eliminate any errors in my/our installation.

Wellardmac 06-28-2007 08:49 PM

When do you plan on doing the install?

When it is all done, please let me/us know what hardware you 'actually' used so that I/we can eliminate any errors in my/our installation.

I will. I just wanted to have everything handy when I started, as there's nothing worse than getting into a job and having to dash out to get parts and tools.

My plan is to do it on Saturday.

I have everything lined up on the kitchen counter... it's a way of getting my wife to encourage me to get the job done. :)

While I'm doing the pedals she'll be prepping the living room for painting (over the next week).

Dutchie in NC 06-28-2007 10:20 PM

where did you get the adaptor... what does it look like... and how much does it cost (ball park)?

what length screws did you get.

thx.

Swilliams97 06-28-2007 10:21 PM

I installed my pedals about two weeks ago. I purchased them just before the group buy :mad: . I will give you the benefit of a few things I learned in the install. I didnt like the hardware that came with them so I looked at Home Depot and didnt find what I wanted so I went to my local Ace Hardware and found some black wood screws with a head size similar to the rubber nubs and 3/4 in long to use in installing the gas and dead pedals over the existing rubber pedals. That part was easy. I also got some black machine bolts with allen heads, again flat head , same size as nubs and 3/4 in long. They also had nuts with integrated locking washers which made that easier. All this hardware required drilling out the holes slightly so I could use the larger heads. After thegas and dead pedal were installed, I used sticky foam tape to stick the brake and clutch pedal on and aligned. I probably spent way too much time looking and rechecking from different angles. Once I was satisfied with the alignment I drilled just the bottum hole in each of the pedals and put the bolt in and hand tightened. Then checked to make sure they were level and drilled one of the upper holes and inserted the bolt. This way you can be sure that your holes are aligned so all three bolts will go in properly. Since the pedals are curved, this alignment is crucial. As other have said, a right angle drill makes this job alot easier. Borrow one if you need to. All in all it took aboaut an hour and I am very pleased with the result.http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1286/...a92b73.jpg?v=0

Wellardmac 06-28-2007 10:43 PM

where did you get the adaptor... what does it look like... and how much does it cost (ball park)?

what length screws did you get.

thx.

I bought a right angle drill adaptor for $20 from Sears - it fits right onto the end of a regular drill.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...TOOL&ihtoken=1

I bought a set of #6 machine bolts (both 1" and 3/4" sizes with flat hex fittings), nuts and locking washers to go with them. I decided against buying black, as I figured that the paint would eventually come off.

I bought two new drill bits to ensure that I had some good sharp ones a 1/8th and a 9/64th bit.

Wellardmac 06-28-2007 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Swilliams97
I installed my pedals about two weeks ago. I purchased them just before the group buy :mad: . I will give you the benefit of a few things I learned in the install. I didnt like the hardware that came with them so I looked at Home Depot and didnt find what I wanted so I went to my local Ace Hardware and found some black wood screws with a head size similar to the rubber nubs and 3/4 in long to use in installing the gas and dead pedals over the existing rubber pedals. That part was easy. I also got some black machine bolts with allen heads, again flat head , same size as nubs and 3/4 in long. They also had nuts with integrated locking washers which made that easier. All this hardware required drilling out the holes slightly so I could use the larger heads. After thegas and dead pedal were installed, I used sticky foam tape to stick the brake and clutch pedal on and aligned. I probably spent way too much time looking and rechecking from different angles. Once I was satisfied with the alignment I drilled just the bottum hole in each of the pedals and put the bolt in and hand tightened. Then checked to make sure they were level and drilled one of the upper holes and inserted the bolt. This way you can be sure that your holes are aligned so all three bolts will go in properly. Since the pedals are curved, this alignment is crucial. As other have said, a right angle drill makes this job alot easier. Borrow one if you need to. All in all it took aboaut an hour and I am very pleased with the result.http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1286/...a92b73.jpg?v=0

Nice job, that was pretty much what I had in mind.

I'm surprised that you left the rubber in place on the dead and gas pedals. I haven't looked at them yet, but figured that the rubber would strip off.

AndyK 06-29-2007 07:39 AM

Nice job, that was pretty much what I had in mind.

I'm surprised that you left the rubber in place on the dead and gas pedals. I haven't looked at them yet, but figured that the rubber would strip off.

This is what I want to get straight before starting! In some of the insall pics I have seen, it looks like the rubber was taken off the brake and clutch pedals. Wouldn't installing over rubber make the pedals feel closer to the driver??

gota911 06-29-2007 08:07 AM

Wayne - When I installed my pedals a year ago, I left the OEM Gas and Dead Pedals in place and screwed the aluminum pedals on top of them. Much easier and quicker.

Andy - I have never heard of anyone installing the aluminum pedals on top of the rubber clutch and brake pedals.

AndyK 06-29-2007 10:24 AM

Wayne - When I installed my pedals a year ago, I left the OEM Gas and Dead Pedals in place and screwed the aluminum pedals on top of them. Much easier and quicker.

Andy - I have never heard of anyone installing the aluminum pedals on top of the rubber clutch and brake pedals.

How about the dead and gas pedals then? Over existing, or remove rubber before installing. Since the new pedals have the rubber backing, I assume taking everything down to bare metal/plastic would make sense?

cdodkin 06-29-2007 11:36 AM

How about the dead and gas pedals then? Over existing, or remove rubber before installing. Since the new pedals have the rubber backing, I assume taking everything down to bare metal/plastic would make sense?

Gas and dead pedals have no exiting rubber on them any way - they are just plastic.

So you screw the new Alu hardware directly onto them with the new rubber piece sandwiched in between, as it should be.

Brake and clutch pedals - REMOVE THE EXISTING RUBBER FIRST!

Then install the new pedals with their sandwiched rubber backing.

AndyK 06-29-2007 11:54 AM

Gas and dead pedals have no exiting rubber on them any way - they are just plastic.

So you screw the new Alu hardware directly onto them with the new rubber piece sandwiched in between, as it should be.

Brake and clutch pedals - REMOVE THE EXISTING RUBBER FIRST!

Then install the new pedals with their sandwiched rubber backing.

Got ya! Thanks. Anyone know what size drill bit to use for the final hole to let a #6 screw through with minimum excess room?

Wellardmac 06-29-2007 01:40 PM

Got ya! Thanks. Anyone know what size drill bit to use for the final hole to let a #6 screw through with minimum excess room?

The screws that came with the pedals will take a 1/8th drill bit and the #6 screws that were also recommended will take a 9/64 bit.

I'm intending starting small and working up in size.

cdodkin 06-29-2007 01:48 PM

The screws that came with the pedals will take a 1/8th drill bit and the #6 screws that were also recommended will take a 9/64 bit.

I'm intending starting small and working up in size.

That's definitely the right approach.

Put down a drop cloth or something in your car to catch the metal fragments from the drilling - you don't want those ingrained in your carpets/mats for ever more!

Drop your driving seat all the way back as well for easy access - and work in the shade if you can.

Hanging upside down in the foot-well can get a little warm as you work! :p :p :p

Wellardmac 06-29-2007 02:19 PM

Okay, I have the car outside right now and am trying to get the dead pedal in place.

The first thing that I've found is that the upper screw coincides with the the one that holds the dead pedal in place. I'm currently trying to ascertain if any of the screws that I bought will fit in place of the one that's in there so that I can just screw into the same hole without drilling an upper hole. Any thoughts?

pongobaz 06-29-2007 02:38 PM

Okay, I have the car outside right now and am trying to get the dead pedal in place.

The first thing that I've found is that the upper screw coincides with the the one that holds the dead pedal in place.

Unscrew the one for the dead pedal and use the same hole with a longer screw. That's what I did.

Wellardmac 06-29-2007 02:56 PM

yeah, I just did that. It took me a while to realize that the #6 screws that I bought fit the hole.

I'll have to buy a flat headed #6 to make the finish look right.

I used the self-tappers that came with the pedals for the 2 lower holes. I'm now working on the alignment of the gas pedal.

Wellardmac 06-29-2007 03:47 PM

Gas pedal done.

Whoever said this was a 1 hour job is way better at this than I am.

Dutchie in NC 06-29-2007 05:24 PM

[QUOTE=Wellardmac]I bought a set of #6 machine bolts (both 1" and 3/4" sizes with flat hex fittings), nuts and locking washers to go with them. I decided against buying black, as I figured that the paint would eventually come off.
QUOTE]

are these 6mm bolts?

AndyK 06-29-2007 05:26 PM

Gas pedal done.

Whoever said this was a 1 hour job is way better at this than I am.

This post is worthless without pix!!!!!

Just kidding! Good luck with the other 3 pedals! :thumbup:

Wellardmac 06-29-2007 06:12 PM

Done. report later when I get back from the gym.

Wellardmac 06-29-2007 08:46 PM

Okay, thanks to everyone who has posted their pedal DIYs so far.

A BIG thank you to cdodkin. His write-up was probably the most useful one I've seen posted. :cheers:

Having said that, there are still a couple of things I wish I'd seen someone write, so I'll run through my experiences and try and emphasize the things that I've not seen others mention.

Things that you will need that didn't come with the pedals: 1x 1" #8 flat head phillips screw (for the dead pedal). 3x 1" #6 allen type SS machine screws. 6x 3/4" #6 allen type SS machine screws. Locking washers - big help in tightening and keeping the nuts tight). #6 SS nuts

I did use the right angle drill adaptor. I'm not sure I could have easily done the job by myself without it... you would need someone to hold the pedals down to get the right drilling angle. Even with the adaptor it was tricky to get the right drilling angle.

i) remove rubber grips from brake and clutch pedals.
ii) remove screw from dead pedal
iii) Screw aluminum deadpedal over existing inserting 1" #6 screw into existing hole. Drill holes through existing rubber and secure dead pedal using supplied self tapping screws.
iv) Align gas pedal over existing and clamp in place with a C-clamp (put tape over your C-clamp so as not to scratch your aluminum). Adjust until level. The pedal does not cover the existing pedal, so adjust until you're happy with the positioning. (I used the spacing at the bottom of the existing gas pedal to guide me on alignment.
v) Drill a pilot hole with a 7/64 bit. Remove clamped pedal and drill full size holes with a 9/64 bit.
vi) fix gas pedal in place using the 1" #6 screws.
vii) cover clutch and gas pedal with masking tape.
viii) using a tailor's measuring tape to find and mark the center of each pedal. Mark a spot 5mm or so up from the bottom of the pedal - this will be where your bottom screw will go.
ix) Drill the bottom hole in each pedal (drill a pilot hole first).
x) Fix the brake pedal in place with the bottom screw and align until the Porsche script is straight. I used a pencil to mark the holes through the screw holes.
xi) Mark and drill the upper holes - push down on the pedal while drilling to ensure that you get the correct angle on the hole - otherwise you will have to enlarge the holes with the drill.
xii) Remove masking tape and install brake pedal.
xiii) Install clutch pedal using previously drilled bottom hole.
xiv) Align until the clutch pedal is straight and the Porsche script in line with the brake pedal. You may need to enlarge the bottom hole upwards with the drill to fine tune the lateral positioning (because the brake and clutch pedal are not perfectly aligned). Mark the upper holes with a pencil.
xv) Drill, remove masking tape, and install pedal.

Now it all sounds easy. In fact, the dead pedal and gas pedal are quite easy once you realize that the dead pedal needs no alignment and the gas pedal does not cover the existing pedal so needs to be adjusted to your preference.

To me the real bugger was getting the aligment of the bottom holes. I probably spent 90 minutes trying to find the best way to get the bottom hole centered on the pedal - the measuring tape seemed to work the best. Measure in 3 places for the center of the pedal - draw a center line, then measure 5mm up from the bottom to find the place to drill.

One piece of advice I would give is not to drill snug holes. In fact, if I were to do this over I would probably drill 9/64" holes and use the #4 screws to give some wiggle room for adjustment. Having "precision" holes means that if you have no wiggle room, then you end up drilling again. I ended up drilling at least 2 holes twice and enlarging the upper holes on the clutch pedal in order to get the alignment to my liking.

Being a little OCD there was more than my share of measuring 10 times and drilling twice. :mad:

I'll add more later as I think of it. Good luck to those that are doing this tomorrow. I'll try to be around to answer questions.

Here are my pics going from stock to aluminum pedals.

Wellardmac 06-29-2007 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=Dutchie in NC]

I bought a set of #6 machine bolts (both 1" and 3/4" sizes with flat hex fittings), nuts and locking washers to go with them. I decided against buying black, as I figured that the paint would eventually come off.
QUOTE]

are these 6mm bolts?

No, if you go to home depot you'll see the screws sized by number - #6 is the type and "1 is the length.

Dutchie in NC 06-30-2007 11:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Took about 75 mins... pain in the a!#, but well worth it!

I need AC in my garage! :biggulp:

Wellardmac 06-30-2007 12:37 PM

Excellent! Glad you got everything done okay. Hopefully I wrote something that helped make life easier and get the job done faster.

I don't think mine too very long to do, but it took a long while to figure out some of the details of how to do it. 4 hours of time taken for a smaller amount of time to actually get the job done. Certainly a pain to do.

arr0gant 06-30-2007 03:40 PM

Startin' to sound like the $50 I spent to have 'em installed was the way to go. :thumbup:

Wellardmac 06-30-2007 06:30 PM

Startin' to sound like the $50 I spent to have 'em installed was the way to go. :thumbup:

Yeah, I agree. If I knew a place that would have quickly done it for my for $50, then I would have gone with it - the time I spent was worth more than $50

Dutchie in NC 06-30-2007 06:47 PM

Yeah, I agree. If I knew a place that would have quickly done it for my for $50, then I would have gone with it - the time I spent was worth more than $50

Don't disagree, but it's fun working on your own car... it's kind of a good way for me to relax and get away from work... :burnout: :burnout:

Wellardmac 06-30-2007 07:20 PM

Don't disagree, but it's fun working on your own car... it's kind of a good way for me to relax and get away from work... :burnout: :burnout:

I agree with you there. I left work early so that I could work on hte car in peace. There was some satisfaction in doing it myself.

hwk72 07-01-2007 12:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Done! Honestly, it took me more than 1 hour but I like the result. The fit of the gas-pedal is not perfect; it has a different shape than the original pedal. I tried to put gas and brake closer to each other, so I can reach the gas-pedal better when I heel and toe. Here's a picture of my Saturday night job. :)

AndyK 07-01-2007 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by hwk72
Done! Honestly, it took me more than 1 hour but I like the result. The fit of the gas-pedal is not perfect; it has a different shape than the original pedal. I tried to put gas and brake closer to each other, so I can reach the gas-pedal better when I heel and toe. Here's a picture of my Saturday night job. :)

Looks awesome in your neat interior! How do you like the feel, etc?

DFC 07-01-2007 06:19 PM

Thanks for all of the DIY posts, they are extremely helpful (esp. cdodkin and wellardmac)! I knew if I just waited an extra week to do the install (did my brake pads this weekend instead) there would be some excellent posts to help with the pedal installation. Thanks also to Dutchie for setting up the group buy. I now have a plan for next weekend. :thumbup:

hwk72 07-01-2007 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Looks awesome in your neat interior! How do you like the feel, etc?

Thanks Andy! I like the feel although it's not too different. I took the car out this morning to go to a P car meet in Rockville, MD, so I drove about 40 miles. There's not too much of a difference; maybe because I did wear my Piloti driving shoes with a good rubber sole. I think the new pedals are a little less slippery than the stock ones. It's definitely easier to heel and toe now as the brake pedal is larger and closer to the gas. I did also put the gas more left as it would have been foreseen which I like. However, in my opinion the gain in terms of looks seems to be larger than the change in feel.

I'm now almost where I like to be with my interior mods so I'll concentrate more on the technical stuff going forward. Next project are GT3 sway bars. Of course GT3 seats would be cool but I hesitate a little to spend $3k in one go.

Here's a shot of my interior. And this is what I've done to date:
- 3-spoke steering wheel (from Gerd @ Carnewal)
- B&M short shifter (from Eric @ Bumperplugs with Techart shift-knob from Gerd @ Carnwal)
- Alu gauge rings (ebay)
- GT3 center console delete kit (Suncoast Porsche)
- Black Lloyds floor mats (ebay)
- Alu pedals (Dutchie's group buy :thumbup: )

Wellardmac 07-01-2007 07:34 PM

I drove the car this afternoon and could tell that I gained at least 5 hp. :D

DFC - good luck with the install! Be patience and allow plenty of time and all will go smoothly. :)

viprklr 07-05-2007 02:55 PM

Got My Aluminum Pedals Installed

Well, I got my pedals installed yesterday on the 4th. Just a couple of observations, the dead pedal was quite easy to install, undo the existing screw & replece the new pedal. I used extra long stainless steel screws to replace what was supplied. I simply used SS wood screws with the beveled head for the accelerator pedal. The fit was clean and tight. Lastly, I predrilled the bottom holes for the clutch & brake & secured them. I then used a carbide drill bit & simply drilled through the top four holes using the holes from the pedals as a guide. This allowed the bit to "bite" & not dance around on the surface. As long as you are careful/slow, there is no damage to the pedals at all...
The hardest part was securing the allen screws/washers to the backs of the pedals. I ended up using a hemostat to hold the nut in place while turning the screw. The whole job took just over an hour. See attached pics. Good luck to everyone who has yet to install theirs.

DFC 07-05-2007 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished mine, and I am very happy with the results. My problem now is that my garage door broke, fell on and damaged my car, and is jammed shut, so I can't even go out for a drive :banghead:

My other post on details of my trauma yesterday.
thread link

The job wasn't too bad, brake pedal was a pita, but my working conditions made this job miserable - a closed garage (which required more artificial light/heat) on a 90 degree day made it feel like 120 under the dash.

LowFlyR 07-05-2007 06:36 PM

Wrong set

I ordered a set of Tip pedals and guess what? Yes I got a set for M/T. :banghead: This is a copy of an e-mail I sent for him through ebay: :confused:
>I ordered a set of A/T pedals through group buy, but you sent me a set of M/T pedals. I got them today. How I'm gonna get them exhanged for the correct ones?

Any idea what else to do?? And before you ask I did specify A/T and it was in paypay email too.
Copy of paypal email:
>Amount: $105.00 USD
>Note:1 Set of porsche pedal tip(a/t)
>Event Date: Jun. 26, 2007

LowFlyR 07-05-2007 08:11 PM

I guess easiest would be try to sell these in next local PCA meeting and order (and wait) a new hopefully correct set??!! :eek:

BoulderNick 07-05-2007 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by LowFlyR
I guess easiest would be try to sell these in next local PCA meeting and order (and wait) a new hopefully correct set??!! :eek:

When did you contact him? I guess I'd give him a few days to respond.. hopefully he'll do the right thing by you and swap them out.. He's seemed pretty reasonable so far.. Given how many pedals this group has bought (in total),
you'd think he'd want to keep our business...

- Nick

CosmosC4S 07-05-2007 08:32 PM

I'm sure someone here will grab those from you in a heartbeat.
Less the hassle and cost of shipping them back to Taiwan.
Then you could order another set from him, maybe with a special discount for the inconvenience.

LowFlyR 07-05-2007 08:38 PM

Our next meeting is Saturday. I would think I'll be able to sell them then. :jumper:

I just hate to wait a week again... To order a new set...

LowFlyR 07-06-2007 01:36 AM

He is working this out with me

Great guy

Dutchie in NC 07-06-2007 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by LowFlyR
He is working this out with me

Great guy

let m eknow if there are any issues, so I can pressure him as well.

Wellardmac 07-06-2007 11:24 AM

So what was the final number of people in this group buy?

LowFlyR 07-06-2007 12:16 PM

let m eknow if there are any issues, so I can pressure him as well.

Thanks Dutchie, but no need we'll work this out. I think he already has shipped the replacement and I'll try to sell these @PCA members breakfast on Sat and pay him then. I just have to wait extra week :( :crying:

Dutchie in NC 07-06-2007 01:01 PM

So what was the final number of people in this group buy?

Think somewhere in the thirties or so... kind of lost count.

kind of bumped that we I couldn't get more money off (trust me I tried!), but oh well, for the price I really do like these!

We've got to do more group buys!

Wellardmac 07-06-2007 01:05 PM

Think somewhere in the thirties or so... kind of lost count.

kind of bumped that we I couldn't get more money off (trust me I tried!), but oh well, for the price I really do like these!

We've got to do more group buys!

That's a pretty respectable number. Nice job! Yeah, for those kind of numbers you'd think that he would have brought the price down some more. Oh well. Next time. :)

I was showing the new pedals to a friend and we came to the conclusion that there's little left that actually needs doing to my car at this point. I don't know what I'd do that could make it look any better than it does. :)

gota911 07-06-2007 01:25 PM

That's a pretty respectable number. Nice job! Yeah, for those kind of numbers you'd think that he would have brought the price down some more. Oh well. Next time. :)

I was showing the new pedals to a friend and we came to the conclusion that there's little left that actually needs doing to my car at this point. I don't know what I'd do that could make it look any better than it does. :)

Well, since you have run out of things to do on your car, you should buy mine and start the process all over again. :D

Wellardmac 07-06-2007 01:42 PM

Well, since you have run out of things to do on your car, you should buy mine and start the process all over again. :D

Nice try Tim! :)

Much as I love the look of your car, the current plan is to keep this car for a couple more years, then trade for a Carrera S.

LowFlyR 07-10-2007 10:31 PM

Wrong ones

Well I got my Tiptronic set today and a friend of mine will buy M/T set from me, so everything ended up OK :thumbup:

Thanks Dutchie. :thumbup: :thumbup:

This guy was really great. He corrected his mistake superfast and I got a little discount for my wait (and he got an extra sale) :)

Now I have to get to Lowe's for the hardware. Pics to follow.

gota911 07-11-2007 12:32 AM

Good for you! Glad that worked out.

LowFlyR 07-11-2007 12:44 AM

As a side note: I would if I could! :)

TheSpeedDemon 07-12-2007 01:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK...OK I know I am probably the last person to do the pedals, but I took my time and finished them today. No new insight on the process, but I did use different hardware, I think (I did not use any of the hardware included in the set):

I did use all Stainless Steel.

Oh, tools I used were:

electric drill (regular and right angle)
good quality drill bits
short philips screwdriver #2
normal length philips screwdriver #2
level
ruler
center punch (very beneficial)
masking tape
pen
'C' clamp
5/16" wrench (open and boxed ends)
5/16" socket on a 1/4" drive ratchet

I also used a small drill bit to give me a pilot hole before drilling any of the final holes.

Dead Pedal and Gas Pedal I used #6 1" although I did have to use a #8 1" for the top of the dead pedal as the #6 was not big enough.

For the clutch and brake I used:

6 Flat Philips Machine Screws (6/32x3/4")
6 #6 Flat Washers
6 Nylon Insert Locknut

I preferred the locknut system over nuts and lock washers, but both achieve the necessary results, although I feel more comfortable that the lock nuts will not loosen where the regular nuts may.

Woops I lied, I did do the process a little different, I actually installed the brake pedal completely before the clutch, I lined it up with the gas pedal, then I did the clutch pedal, found that worked with lining it all up. And yes the brake pedal was a pain in the arse.

So here's a picture of the end result:

LowFlyR 07-12-2007 01:51 AM

No, you are not the last one. I almost finished today. I just have to get an angle drill tomorrow. Everything else except 2 upper ones in brake pedal are done (tiptronic).
I did hit a big boo-boo other wise today though:
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...howtopic=14858
Any help greatly appreciated! :surr:

Wellardmac 07-12-2007 05:46 PM

Buddy of mine still has his sitting in the box.

tennktm 07-17-2007 12:33 PM

Still have not received mine, so you are not last.

gota911 07-17-2007 06:39 PM

Buddy of mine still has his sitting in the box.

Uh, that wouodn't happen to be Phil would it?? If so, then I am sure there is no hurry, since he won't be driving the car for another month or two. :icon501:

Wellardmac 07-17-2007 07:25 PM

Uh, that wouodn't happen to be Phil would it?? If so, then I am sure there is no hurry, since he won't be driving the car for another month or two. :icon501:

Nah, he's not a Rennlister, but he bought into our group buy. He's busy sorting out the Avandia mess for GSK and has no time for a life for the next 10 years. :(

gota911 07-17-2007 11:59 PM

Nah, he's not a Rennlister, but he bought into our group buy. He's busy sorting out the Avandia mess for GSK and has no time for a life for the next 10 years. :(

Actually, I didn't think it was Phil, 'cuz otherwise you would have named him. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to throw a little zinger at him! :D

BTW - I am close to giving up on Phil. :surr: If all of my chiding and harassing the last 6 months won't induce him to drive the car, I am beginning to believe that his may be a "lost cause."

Maybe we need to enroll him in PNDA, Porsche Non-Drivers Anonymous!

Wellardmac 07-18-2007 12:06 AM

Yeah, we've not had much of a chance to give Phil a hard time recently. He's lying low hiding from us.

:(

bigbotate 08-06-2007 05:46 PM

Can someone out there give me an opinion regarding the pros and cons of this pedal set in relation to the Rennline product? I am in the market and checking them all out.

Dknebes 12-28-2007 04:25 PM

Are these pedals still available and how do I order to get the group price?

redridge 12-28-2007 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon (Post 4357713)
So here's a picture of the end result:
https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1184213343

That is PERFECT!!!!

TheSpeedDemon 12-28-2007 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dknebes (Post 4923483)
Are these pedals still available and how do I order to get the group price?

I don't think the pedals will work for your car, as in you need to have pedals made out of titanium, platinum or carbon fiber to power your 844hp beast :)

Go back a few pages to see where the ebay information is at. Here is a link to another set similar (just missing the Porsche letters):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW

(I have no affiliation with this seller)

Originally Posted by redridge (Post 4923553)
That is PERFECT!!!!

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! Oh wait not yet, but then I am already in the spirit of starting a new year as soon as possible :thumbup:

Dutchie in NC 12-28-2007 08:16 PM

Got an email from another rennlister last week who wanted to get in on the group buy... a bit late, but he contacted ebay seller and bought the pedals. Not sure what price he got though.

viprklr 12-28-2007 09:43 PM

Will they fit a Boxster S

I have a friend with a 2001 Boxster S (M/T). Would these possible fit his car. I've looked on ebay for a 986 set & never seem to come across any.

TheSpeedDemon 12-28-2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by viprklr (Post 4924559)
I have a friend with a 2001 Boxster S (M/T). Would these possible fit his car. I've looked on ebay for a 986 set & never seem to come across any.

The link in my post 283 says they are for a 986 as well. But I cannot say for sure since I am not the seller and do not own a Boxster.

Dutchie in NC 12-28-2007 09:57 PM

believe some boxster drivers ordered these as well...

Wellardmac 12-28-2007 10:04 PM

One addendum to my story. I realized when I was prepping my car for the winter that the screws on my brake pedal were a little loose. Those that did the install as part of the group buy might want to check that they don't have a screw loose.... well, at least that their pedals don't have one. ;)

I know at the time I did my install I deliberately didn't over tighten, as I wanted to leave wiggle room for expansion and contraction (better that than having something have a stress fracture as the temperature changed), so it wasn't a surprise that I'd have to go back and tighten things up again.

viprklr 12-30-2007 10:35 AM

Spoke to my friend with the 2001 Boxster S & he is in for the pedals. Let us know what we need to do.
Thanks Todd

gota911 12-30-2007 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by viprklr (Post 4928525)
Spoke to my friend with the 2001 Boxster S & he is in for the pedals. Let us know what we need to do.
Thanks Todd

The group buy ended 5 months ago. Send a PM to Dutchie and he can give you the seller's contact info. You may not get the $105.00 Group Buy price, but you never know until you ask.

LowFlyR 12-30-2007 02:01 PM

Seller

Seller was
hung-wei huang (eddy929@hotmail.com)
I had to trade messenges with him to get correct set. He was very helpful and fixed his mistake nicely. Contact him directly.

Jake

viprklr 12-30-2007 03:25 PM

Thanks guys--My mistake. I saw the posts & thought there was a new group buy going on. I was also part of the group buy. Will get ahold of Eddy.

AndyK 05-02-2008 10:33 PM

I saw this old post, which reminded me I have these pedals sitting in my garage for a year now. I give up. I don't think I have the patience to install these. Anyone want a set for the group buy price??

Wellardmac 05-02-2008 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 5375041)
I saw this old post, which reminded me I have these pedals sitting in my garage for a year now. I give up. I don't think I have the patience to install these. Anyone want a set for the group buy price??

Aww, come on, they're easy to install you can do it!

AndyK 05-02-2008 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wellardmac (Post 5375045)
Aww, come on, they're easy to install you can do it!

Every post I saw complained how it took over an hour and was a PITA!

Wellardmac 05-02-2008 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 5375050)

sure, it was a bit of a pain, but it wasn't terrible and it was worth it.

cdodkin 05-02-2008 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 5375050)

Drive over to San Diego and I'll do them for you for a beer!

uberskier 05-02-2008 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 5375041)

I assume they fit an '02 C4S - if so, I'll take them.

AndyK 05-02-2008 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by cdodkin (Post 5375058)
Drive over to San Diego and I'll do them for you for a beer!

Damned nice of you to offer! But I'm selling them and moving on!

gota911 05-03-2008 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 5375098)
Damned nice of you to offer! But I'm selling them and moving on!

Andy,

Don't be such a puss! Install them, it really is NOT that hard.

The gas & dead pedal take about 3 minutes each to install:
o - align each on the OEM pedal
o - drill two small pilot holes
o - screw the aluminum pedal to the OEM pedal
o - DONE!

The clutch & brake pedals take about 15 minutes each to install. Two screws install in about 3 minutes each:
o - remove OEM rubber pedals
o - use double sided tape or spring clamps to position pedals. Make sure they are even. By design, the clutch pedal sits a little lower than the brake pedal, which is not really noticeable with the OEM rubber pads on them. However, this difference will be more noticeable when you install the aluminum pedals.
o - mark the three holes on each pedal.
o - use a titanium drill bit to drill the holes. Clutch will take about 10 - 15 seconds per hole, brake will take about 45 seconds per hole.
o - Insert small bolt and snug up the nut on the back of the pedal. This is the most "pain in the arse" part, but once you get the nut started, use a screwdriver to turn the bolt and tighten the nut.
o - repeat the step above 5 times
o - DONE!

Andy, I took the time to write this because I hoped I could convince you that it really is NOT that hard. I don't have much time left with my P-car (she goes back to the Lease Company at the end of May) and I am really going to miss the car. I am hoping I can convince you that the result is worth the effort. :thumbup:

Wellardmac 05-03-2008 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by gota911 (Post 5375719)
Andy,

Don't be such a puss! Install them, it really is NOT that hard.

The gas & dead pedal take about 3 minutes each to install:
o - align each on the OEM pedal
o - drill two small pilot holes
o - screw the aluminum pedal to the OEM pedal
o - DONE!

The clutch & brake pedals take about 15 minutes each to install. Two screws install in about 3 minutes each:
o - remove OEM rubber pedals
o - use double sided tape or spring clamps to position pedals. Make sure they are even. By design, the clutch pedal sits a little lower than the brake pedal, which is not really noticeable with the OEM rubber pads on them. However, this difference will be more noticeable when you install the aluminum pedals.
o - mark the three holes on each pedal.
o - use a titanium drill bit to drill the holes. Clutch will take about 10 - 15 seconds per hole, brake will take about 45 seconds per hole.
o - Insert small bolt and snug up the nut on the back of the pedal. This is the most "pain in the arse" part, but once you get the nut started, use a screwdriver to turn the bolt and tighten the nut.
o - repeat the step above 5 times
o - DONE!

Andy, I took the time to write this because I hoped I could convince you that it really is NOT that hard. I don't have much time left with my P-car (she goes back to the Lease Company at the end of May) and I am really going to miss the car. I am hoping I can convince you that the result is worth the effort. :thumbup:

Yup, I think it's one of those "must-do" mods that is low effort compared to the huge cosmetic improvement that it provides.

uberskier 05-03-2008 09:41 AM

Tim,
Thanks for putting that up. It will make things easier when I get the pedals next week. Perhaps I'll even try it one night instead of waiting for a free weekend.

gota911 05-03-2008 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by uberskier (Post 5375749)
Tim,
Thanks for putting that up. It will make things easier when I get the pedals next week. Perhaps I'll even try it one night instead of waiting for a free weekend.

Eric,

You are welcome. I guess I was too late to convince Andy to install them.

After you get them installed, make sure you tell Andy how relatively easy it was. :evilgrin:

AndyK 05-03-2008 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by gota911 (Post 5375782)
Eric,

You are welcome. I guess I was too late to convince Andy to install them.

After you get them installed, make sure you tell Andy how relatively easy it was. :evilgrin:

Too late is right! I just spent a small fortune buying painted bumperettes from Bumperplugs, so the proceeds from the pedal sale will be put to good mod use!! Bye-bye black eye sores!

Gaspasser19 05-03-2008 07:45 PM

Took me 30 minutes AFTER the beers. Very nice look and grip. You should just go do it!

RemaxRalph 05-03-2008 09:52 PM

Is the group buy still on?

timothymoffat 05-04-2008 01:52 AM

Being new to 996's, I'm also a little late to the party on this one...okay, A LOT LATE! I'd still love to get a set of these though. Any info/pricing?

Thanks, Tim.

Dutchie in NC 05-04-2008 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by RemaxRalph (Post 5377001)
Is the group buy still on?

Sorry, I initiated the group buy about a year ago... believe we ended up getting around 30 or 40 sets of these pedals, but we are done now (especially the me part of 'we')

AndyK 05-04-2008 10:05 AM

Sorry for dragging this thread up and causing confusion Dutchie! I know how you loved doing the group buy by the time it ended!

cannon1000 01-13-2011 12:06 PM

am i too late? :-)

LVDell 01-13-2011 05:27 PM

Did you just really dig up a 3 year thread for an expired group buy? I see a banning in your immediate future :nono:

babylonboots 01-14-2011 12:32 PM

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I found a nice set for my Tip on ebay. They were listed for a 997, but I contacted the seller and they had same for 996. Apparently, slight difference in the dead plate size between 997/996.

The installation details in this thread are very helpful, and I salute the contributors! :bowdown:
http://i.ebayimg.com/19/!BjPLLg!!Wk~...Me-HQ~~_12.JPG

professorman 12-29-2017 03:10 PM

Is anyone still manufacturing these pedas with the Porsche name etched in it?
The ones I see on ebay does not have the Porsche name etched.