Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   Group Buy - Aluminum Pedals (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/358134-group-buy-aluminum-pedals.html)

Wellardmac 05-03-2008 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by gota911 (Post 5375719)
Andy,

Don't be such a puss! Install them, it really is NOT that hard.

The gas & dead pedal take about 3 minutes each to install:
o - align each on the OEM pedal
o - drill two small pilot holes
o - screw the aluminum pedal to the OEM pedal
o - DONE!

The clutch & brake pedals take about 15 minutes each to install. Two screws install in about 3 minutes each:
o - remove OEM rubber pedals
o - use double sided tape or spring clamps to position pedals. Make sure they are even. By design, the clutch pedal sits a little lower than the brake pedal, which is not really noticeable with the OEM rubber pads on them. However, this difference will be more noticeable when you install the aluminum pedals.
o - mark the three holes on each pedal.
o - use a titanium drill bit to drill the holes. Clutch will take about 10 - 15 seconds per hole, brake will take about 45 seconds per hole.
o - Insert small bolt and snug up the nut on the back of the pedal. This is the most "pain in the arse" part, but once you get the nut started, use a screwdriver to turn the bolt and tighten the nut.
o - repeat the step above 5 times
o - DONE!

Andy, I took the time to write this because I hoped I could convince you that it really is NOT that hard. I don't have much time left with my P-car (she goes back to the Lease Company at the end of May) and I am really going to miss the car. I am hoping I can convince you that the result is worth the effort. :thumbup:

Yup, I think it's one of those "must-do" mods that is low effort compared to the huge cosmetic improvement that it provides.

uberskier 05-03-2008 09:41 AM

Tim,
Thanks for putting that up. It will make things easier when I get the pedals next week. Perhaps I'll even try it one night instead of waiting for a free weekend.

gota911 05-03-2008 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by uberskier (Post 5375749)
Tim,
Thanks for putting that up. It will make things easier when I get the pedals next week. Perhaps I'll even try it one night instead of waiting for a free weekend.

Eric,

You are welcome. I guess I was too late to convince Andy to install them.

After you get them installed, make sure you tell Andy how relatively easy it was. :evilgrin:

AndyK 05-03-2008 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by gota911 (Post 5375782)
Eric,

You are welcome. I guess I was too late to convince Andy to install them.

After you get them installed, make sure you tell Andy how relatively easy it was. :evilgrin:

Too late is right! I just spent a small fortune buying painted bumperettes from Bumperplugs, so the proceeds from the pedal sale will be put to good mod use!! Bye-bye black eye sores!

Gaspasser19 05-03-2008 07:45 PM

Took me 30 minutes AFTER the beers. Very nice look and grip. You should just go do it!

RemaxRalph 05-03-2008 09:52 PM

Is the group buy still on?

timothymoffat 05-04-2008 01:52 AM

Being new to 996's, I'm also a little late to the party on this one...okay, A LOT LATE! I'd still love to get a set of these though. Any info/pricing?

Thanks, Tim.

Dutchie in NC 05-04-2008 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by RemaxRalph (Post 5377001)
Is the group buy still on?

Sorry, I initiated the group buy about a year ago... believe we ended up getting around 30 or 40 sets of these pedals, but we are done now (especially the me part of 'we')

AndyK 05-04-2008 10:05 AM

Sorry for dragging this thread up and causing confusion Dutchie! I know how you loved doing the group buy by the time it ended!

cannon1000 01-13-2011 12:06 PM

am i too late? :-)

LVDell 01-13-2011 05:27 PM

Did you just really dig up a 3 year thread for an expired group buy? I see a banning in your immediate future :nono:

babylonboots 01-14-2011 12:32 PM

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I found a nice set for my Tip on ebay. They were listed for a 997, but I contacted the seller and they had same for 996. Apparently, slight difference in the dead plate size between 997/996.

The installation details in this thread are very helpful, and I salute the contributors! :bowdown:
http://i.ebayimg.com/19/!BjPLLg!!Wk~...Me-HQ~~_12.JPG

professorman 12-29-2017 03:10 PM

Is anyone still manufacturing these pedas with the Porsche name etched in it?
The ones I see on ebay does not have the Porsche name etched.