Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   Group Buy - Aluminum Pedals (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/358134-group-buy-aluminum-pedals.html)

TheSpeedDemon 06-10-2007 08:55 PM

As an ebay seller I can tell you that it is time consuming to ship items and today shipping costs have gone up since the price of petrol has gone up. Plus they are shipping form Canada so it's even more.

LVDell 06-10-2007 09:02 PM

Sure, whatever you say Demon. I can tell you as somebody who ships packages to friends and family as well that $25 is being bent over.

I just sent 3 sets of brake pads, yes, I said THREE sets, to another rennlister via FedEx and it cost me HALF that to send it.

$25 to send a sent of aluminum pedals is not close to reality, even crossing the border.

Dutchie in NC 06-10-2007 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by LVDell
Sure, whatever you say Demon. I can tell you as somebody who ships packages to friends and family as well that $25 is being bent over.

I just sent 3 sets of brake pads, yes, I said THREE sets, to another rennlister via FedEx and it cost me HALF that to send it.

$25 to send a sent of aluminum pedals is not close to reality, even crossing the border.

it's just disguised profits... I focus on all in price of 105 and that is pretty good. I am sure I can arrange a deal with the guy with 'free' shipping... price will just be $105....

Seeeu911 06-10-2007 09:13 PM

I'm in. Can he get the gauge rings as well ?

dresler 06-10-2007 09:56 PM

I'm in. Manual,
dresler@earthlink.net

Dutchie in NC 06-10-2007 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by dresler
I'm in. Manual,
dresler@earthlink.net

perfect. Believe we have about six people now. Would like to go for another day or two and see how many we get. Might be able to knock a couple of extra dollars off... it's worth trying.

janagler 06-10-2007 11:00 PM

I'm in too.

CosmosC4S 06-10-2007 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by LVDell
$25 for shipping? Dear Lord, what are they sending them by? FedEx priority overnight? :nono:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Shipping and Handling doesn't make sense on ebay.

Sellers normally play around with the selling price and shipping to manipulate ebay fees, as well as list a lower selling price so that their items sort out at the top if you are searching by price.

When buying on ebay, or anywhere online, always look at the total shipped price.

arr0gant 06-10-2007 11:49 PM

God you guys are SO wrong, why nitpic $25 shipping? Here is what it costs for the cheapest rate to ship from my city to vancouver, BC. 10lb package with all MY materials and handling.

BoulderNick 06-10-2007 11:54 PM

Oh, what the heck. I'm in too, even given the exorbitant shipping.

Yes, $25 is highway robbery to ship a set of pedals, even from Canada. Yes, ebay S/H is usually close to highway robbery, but this is excessive by even ebay standards.

Yes, the total price of $105 is still a good deal. So, yeah, I'm in too.

- Nick

P.S Oh yeah, forgot to say - make mine manual too, please.

nick49 06-10-2007 11:54 PM

I'll bet the guys supplier in China could arrange to have all kinds of counterfeit stuff produced that we could buy at less than Genuine Porsche prices. This could benefit the Chinese workers, the Importer probably the most and us as well. Just think, stuff that looks like the real thing and even has the Porsche name for a lot less money.

BoulderNick 06-10-2007 11:55 PM

Oh... lookie there.. I was playing with sig pictures the other night, forgot I had... and whaddya know? It showed up..

- Nick

arr0gant 06-10-2007 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by BoulderNick
Oh... lookie there.. I was playing with sig pictures the other night, forgot I had... and whaddya know? It showed up..

- Nick

LQQks awesome!! :)

BoulderNick 06-10-2007 11:58 PM

I'll bet the guys supplier in China could arrange to have all kinds of counterfeit stuff produced that we could buy at less than Genuine Porsche prices. This could benefit the Chinese workers, the Importer probably the most and us as well. Just think, stuff that looks like the real thing and even has the Porsche name for a lot less money.
Sarcasm duly noted ;) Frankly, I don't really care is they say "Porsche" or not, I'd be happy just getting a quality set of aluminum pedals for the price.

Hey, at least they don't say "Poorsha" on them...

- Nick

nick49 06-11-2007 12:08 AM

:roflmao: