Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Isringhausen - Springfield, IL - anybody near there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:29 AM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Isringhausen - Springfield, IL - anybody near there?

I'm in process of buying a 2002 C4S with 14k mi from Isringhausen and the car is represented as like new by the dealer, Jeff Colman. I live in Charlotte, NC and I'm debating whether to fly out there to check the car out in person, though this is probably a good idea. The pictures sent by the dealer look great, and the carfax is clean, the dealer has CPO'd it, and it will have 15k service and new tires. The car belonged to a 6speedonliner and was the original owner-not sure if he's also a rennlister but he might be.
Is there any rennlister in the area of this dealership that can give it an in-person look-over and provide feedback on what you see? Anybody have good/bad/ugly stories of working with Isringhausen?
Thanks!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 911SC from them many years ago, then traded it back to them for a 930 and they were good to deal with. It was some years ago though. I'd stick with the PPI advice that everyone will give you.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought my 2004 C4S from them and had a reasonably good experience. I was coming off a bad experience with Bently of Long Island who had essentially the identical car, except slightly higher miles. BLI represented that car as flawless -but when I went to see it, it was scuffed, and creased in the rear quarter panel. I got my money back, and found the car I eventually bought at Isringhausen that night online. The car I purchased only had 1100 miles and was represented in "as new" condition. When the car arrived, I noticed it had a very small tear in the front carpet (which would have been easy to miss), the wheel well (rear) was slightly bent during transport, and the deliverer scuffed the front lip while moving my car into my driveway. When I let the dealer know this, they paid for all repairs and replacement parts without question. They did negotiate the purchase price to some degree, and the transaction was handled very professionally. Isringhausen is a very large dealer who delivers nationwide and they can't afford to misrepresent their cars.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:37 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Great feedback, guys. Thank you VERY much!
Because I've had correspondence with the previous owner and the dealer appears to be quite reputable, I feel good about the purchase.
Once I get the car back here to Charlotte, I am going to have Jim Burton (Eurowerks) do an inspection. Because the car is CPO, if he finds anything to worry about, I should be covered - unless the clutch is bad, which would be unlikely at 13900 miles and a previous owner who is known as a good driver (SCCA guy).
Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Isringhausen - Springfield, IL - anybody near there?