Sponsored by:

Thumbs Up to Fabspeed Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:58 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thumbs Up to Fabspeed Motorsports

I couple of weeks ago I purchased a set of Fabspeed Mufflers for my 05 C4S. I had a local dealership install them. Immediately after the install I noticed an annoying vibration/resonance within the cabin of the car. This occured at around 2K rpm. I took the car back to the dealership where a technician went through the install to make sure that everything was installed properly. They even drove the car and noticed the same. I called Fabspeed and spoke with Jay. He told me to drive the car some more and if the condition persisted to let him know. Three weeks later the vibration did not diminish. I spoke with Jay again and after speaking with the technician himself agreed to take the mufflers back and give me a full refund minus a re-stocking fee. They took the mufflers back with no more questions asked. I wish there were more people in this industry with the same philosophy.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:15 PM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re-stocking fee? For mufflers which were not right? Doesn't sound that stellar to me.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

i agree ..... manny i think you were taken.. if their product did not work they shouldn't charge you a restocking fee... they should apologize take it back and resend a new one or refund you fully with NO restocking fee... i don't know why most of these places have the ***** to charge you money to take back something if they gave you a defective products... what's up with that...? i m glad you were okay and happy with their service.. i think i would have reacted a little different....
Old 02-21-2007, 07:34 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

WTF are you giving compliments to somebody that charges a re-stocking fee for a defective product. Restocking fees are charged for people that just return something becasue they don't like what they bought or changed their mind. And even then, the re-stocking fee is negotiable. I wouldn't be giving thumbs up at all.

I had the same type of experiece with my PSE cans. I ordered them from a dealer out of state and when they arrived they looked damaged (dents, dusty, etc.) I called and they sent a new set out IMMEDIATELY with a return label to send the return set back in the box the news ones came in. That's service.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Kolshak
Racer

I'd be pissed. Aside from the "restocking fee" I assume you also had to pay the dealership to install & exstall the defective cans.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:44 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

So, how much are you out b/c of their defective product? Shipping, Re-stocking, Install, Removal?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:28 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch... I agree with everyone... a restocking fee on a defective product and you're giving them a thumbsup???
Old 02-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Next time post here for impressions. I could have save you a ton of hassle as others could and told you about the resonance at 2K. But I gotta ask, why are you lugging the engine around at 2K... rev that thing already, it is what it likes. Are you seriously driving around at 55 mph in 6th?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

how's that for post 1 on the new Id ?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Dude, you are so screwed. Wait til Tim gets ahold of you whoever you are Paul 996
Old 02-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 996
how's that for post 1 on the new Id ?
Quite impressive SMILEY
Old 02-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

ahha. look what the bobbins in the back just did!! Of course now the whole 1st post thing above makes zero sense. I am whole again!. Thanks Jen the admin
Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ArneeA
ouch... I agree with everyone... a restocking fee on a defective product and you're giving them a thumbsup???
I agree. I would be giving them "something up", but it wouldn't be a THUMB!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:31 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Manny G - Newbie... Newbie... Newbie!

What can I say, or more accurately, where do I start? First, you should have asked us "what should I so about this situation...?"

Fabspeed Motorsports is a Rennlist Sponsor. The LAST thing they want is bad publicity on Rennlist. While your intent was for it to be a positive posting about Fabspeed, most of us here don't see it that way. I would not let this one die. You should contact Fabspeed again this time talk to the Head Honcho (I don't know his name) to see if you can get the restocking fee refunded to you. You might want to mention that you posted your experience here and that the overwhelming response to your post was NOT positive. I would be willing to bet that they will make it right.

After you talk to Fabspeed, please let us know what the outcome of your conversation was.

BTW Guys, Manny and I have already had the "Post a Pic" discussion, and he came through with flying colors (RED)! Here is his Pic Post!

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...9&postcount=15

... and you guys thought I was kidding about "keeping a list" on the Newbies!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:38 AM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies. After reading your comments I will definitely contact Fabspeed and ask for a full refund. To answere Paul 996...have you ever been in Miami traffic at around 6:00 pm. I would be lucky to go at 55 mph down the Palmetto Expressway. What is normally a 20 min. commute from office to home takes about one hour in the evenings.

Will keep you guys posted on what Fabspeed does.

Quick Reply: Thumbs Up to Fabspeed Motorsports