996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

car sits lower in the rear - abnormal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Kolshak
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know exactly - thought I explained this in the 1st post but it wasn't clear. I've had the car < year and wasn't able to speak to the original owner (long story). I called the dealer & gemballa and couldn't get any info about the suspension. I have orignal dealer reciepts which show cost for Gemballa suspension, stut bar, exhaust, & pedals but no specifics. I would never have paid a dealer that kind of $ or even replaced the strut bars. It looks like the sport suspension, which is adjustable so eventually I'll take it to take it to a tuner and spring for the adjustment & alignment.
I was interested if anyone else purposely set the rake on their car like mine because everything I see is slightly foward.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:59 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kolshak
Don't know exactly - thought I explained this in the 1st post but it wasn't clear. I've had the car < year and wasn't able to speak to the original owner (long story). I called the dealer & gemballa and couldn't get any info about the suspension. I have orignal dealer reciepts which show cost for Gemballa suspension, stut bar, exhaust, & pedals but no specifics. I would never have paid a dealer that kind of $ or even replaced the strut bars. It looks like the sport suspension, which is adjustable so eventually I'll take it to take it to a tuner and spring for the adjustment & alignment.
I was interested if anyone else purposely set the rake on their car like mine because everything I see is slightly foward.
Just don't over-do the adjustment or you car may end up looking like this!
Attached Images  
Old 01-21-2007, 04:11 PM
newport996
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard to help you if we dont know what you got.....no...no reason to set it like that....It look sodd to me, but US regulations have a height requirement for the front bumper so the front of US Porsche's are higher in the front, but thats only for US regulations...

Originally Posted by Kolshak

Quick Reply: car sits lower in the rear - abnormal?