996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

OT: which SUV would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 12:59 AM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had two 4-runners a 99 and now a 04 V8. These are the only vehicles I have ever owned that have been perfect. They have never needed any kind of repair. I sold the 99 to my son cheap.
The V8 goes like hell. My wife's Mercedes is constanly failing, mostly electronics. I will never buy another. My 99 996 has been OK after all the small stuff was done early on under warrenty. RMS ect.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:45 AM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got an FX45 now and I love it. That said, I just bought a new Range Rover HSE to replace the FX.

The FX was reliable and very fast for an SUV (errr.. crossover) but the service is so bad at Infinity that I literally can't bear to drive their vehicles. They're really not up to par with the other luxury brands.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:34 AM
Oscypek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about an audi s4 avant, or volvo v70 r.... both can fit four and lots of stuff and they look a lot better then any suv..... and the s4 at least goes like stink and the volvo r is bad either

Old 01-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

Jarrod,

I just replaced my 4Runner with an INFINITI FX35.

Bought my 4runner 5years ago for the reason that I will have a toughvehicle for snow and some off road.....5 years later.. still no off road..and its kinda a rough ride. So with just on road travels, to include snow.. I went for change to the cross-over FX. Very nice smooth ride, and powerfull road manners and an "Inteligent" AWD system(automaticaly defaults to two wheel drive. Switches to 3 or 4 wheel drive in milliseconds when spin is detected from othe other wheels... ..oh and sexy too.

**The parking garage photos are not mine, and the one with the girl inside is not mine either... Just want to show you the interior..errrrr..
Attached Images        

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 01-21-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by jcalhoun
thanks for all of your input. I am actually only considering an SUV strictly as a daily driver. I currently have a toyota tacoma prerunner, but I am looking for something that I can fit 4+ cargo. I am mainly a highway driver. V8 is not necessary but I do want awd or 4wd and possibly navigation system. I dont have any plans to do any towing. I know that the 4runner would be the 'smart' decision but there are so many of them on the road...
Exact same concerns I had that made me replace the 4Runner. Through my research, I have come down and picked the INFINITI FX. Perfect with whatever you could throw on it on the road..plus sexy too . I love the 4runner and probably would have kept it if I live up on the mountains or go through some stretches of dirt roads.

By the way, from your choices in your very first post, that early FX45 has some jarring ride if the roads are not in good condition..but very fast!! If your getting a new later model(06 or 07), I'd pick the FX over the bimmer. I'm a little bias too 'cause I have the FX but the interior alone, for me, the FX got it "hands down" over the X5 //a good source of info for the FX is www.infinitifx.org

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 01-21-2007 at 11:14 PM.

Quick Reply: OT: which SUV would you buy?