996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

suspension adjustment

Old 09-18-2006, 05:09 PM
TBH996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension adjustment

My 996 seems to sit a little higher on one side than the other. There is about a .5 inch difference in the wheelwell gaps on one side vs the other at the front wheels with the drivers side being the lower one. I've measured this while parked with no one sitting in the car. The rear difference is less than .25 inches with the passenger side higher. It seems to me that if there was a way to level the suspension by balancing the front, the back would come in line, but I don't know if this is even possible. My C2 has the standard suspension with only 22000 mile.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There is variation in the stock Porsche springs (a fact that Porsche acknowledges by listing ride height as + or - a small factor). I experienced some of this variation when I first installed the X74 suspension system on my 996. On my car almost all of the variance went away over the next few months as the springs "settled".

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way that you could correct the problem on your car short of changing your springs or installing an adjustable coilover system. This lack of adjustability with the stock components also eliminates the possibility of having your car corner balanced.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: suspension adjustment