996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

OT: How to screw up a Cayenne 101

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:40 PM
MadMikeM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sad thing is, there are SO many around here in my neighborhood (I'll just say that a casual observer would say that Cayenne's represent more than 50% of the P-cars in the area - and they have absolutely NO respect for me in my 996 either) that I'm sure some of the soccer-dads are trying to work out how to get their hands on some of those mod pieces to show us lowly sports car freaks that thats how they roll.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Mitty
Racer

Originally Posted by riad
I have that button in my pants.

I really don't know why I wrote that.
Someone had too!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:11 PM
MarkinMD
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
Default MY EYES, MY EYES!

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Poseurs, right. :?
BLIND poseurs with no taste. I saw the black one and thought "my god, that is the worst looking thing I've ever seen" and then I scrolled down to the white one and almost went blind myself.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkinMD
BLIND poseurs with no taste. I saw the black one and thought "my god, that is the worst looking thing I've ever seen" and then I scrolled down to the white one and almost went blind myself.

I had a driver of one of those beasts pull along side me in my Carrera at an intersection recently... he sat there parallel with my rear quarterpanel, revved his engine, then proceeded to pull away at high speed and do an illegal manouver through an intersection on a red light. (imagine if you can pulling into the right turn lane, turning left to turn right - in effect going straight through a red light.)

Not sure what he wanted to prove, other than that he was a jackass who deserved to get either a ticket or a traffic accident.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:20 PM
MarkinMD
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by oreganet
I had a driver of one of those beasts pull along side me in my Carrera at an intersection recently... he sat there parallel with my rear quarterpanel, revved his engine, then proceeded to pull away at high speed and do an illegal manouver through an intersection on a red light. (imagine if you can pulling into the right turn lane, turning left to turn right - in effect going straight through a red light.)

Not sure what he wanted to prove, other than that he was a jackass who deserved to get either a ticket or a traffic accident.
I think you just described a blind poseur!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:27 AM
jbdmd
Pro

Originally Posted by riad
I have that button in my pants.

I really don't know why I wrote that.
and all this time i thought you were just happy to see us
Old 08-24-2006, 07:39 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

Wow, lots of people hate the techart cayenne on this board. The first cayenne is pretty bad, but I do like the second one. If the white one had black grills instead of white and black or silver wheels it would look much nicer. Personally I love the TA magnum kit.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jbdmd
and all this time i thought you were just happy to see us
With 20 inches of front lift I'm happy to see everyone.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evo_333
Wow, lots of people hate the techart cayenne on this board. The first cayenne is pretty bad, but I do like the second one. If the white one had black grills instead of white and black or silver wheels it would look much nicer. Personally I love the TA magnum kit.

That one's got huge air intakes ! It really reminds me of Darth Vader ... Those air grills are too large ...looks less like a car and more like a mobile AC machine ...
Old 08-24-2006, 08:35 PM
SoCal924
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one has pre-runner-ized a Cayenne yet??

I know thats a Jeep, but imagine how sexy a Cayenne would be with 10" of lift and some 33's on it with a nice push bar out front and some flared front fenders...

Man that'd be the **** at Glamis!!

Like that, but a porsche

J
Old 08-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sids911
That one's got huge air intakes ! It really reminds me of Darth Vader ... Those air grills are too large ...looks less like a car and more like a mobile AC machine ...
That Pepper is much nicer than the other ones, but I agree it looks like a Whale Shark.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: OT: How to screw up a Cayenne 101