Sponsored by:

Hey Cabrio drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:10 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey Cabrio drivers?

Are you using a bluetooth headset? If so which one, I'm looking for something that actually does block out wind noise. My Jabra is a piece of junk and it claims to have DSP.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:25 AM
BlackCab996
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plantronics makes some really good headsets with noice cancelling features, but they are expensive, as they're intended for commercial use. We use them in my office, but they can be paired with a cell phone. I also have a Motorola that I like a lot, but none of them can completely eliminate wind noise. Motorola and Plantronics are both pretty effective if I am using the windscreen, windows are up, and I'm going less than 80 mph (which is almost always in LA). If the roads open up, I drop the windows, remove the headset, accelerate, and let the calls go to voicemail.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:38 AM
yvesatlanta
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

I haven't found anything that works.
Headset is OK to answer calls and a short conversation.
If I go into a phone conference, I put the top up. Just too annoying for the person on the other end.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:39 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Are you using a bluetooth headset? If so which one, I'm looking for something that actually does block out wind noise. My Jabra is a piece of junk and it claims to have DSP.
I have a fantastic one that I am not going to use anymore. It is the Jabra BT800. Unbelieveable quality and I called my wife doing 60+ on the back roads with the top down and she heard not a hint of wind and I was loud and clear. In addition I can hear her just great. The volume on the headset if automatic which is really cool but you can also override with the volume level and increase it (or decrease it) manually.

However, if you have a treo 650 this headset sucks! It is hit or miss with connectivity. I didn't heed the warning of the treo forums b/c I thought I could handle the connectivy problems with the treo......this headset was worth that good! Apparently treo doens't have an update yet that will allow it to work with ALL headsets and the JabraBt800 is one of them.

that's not the Jabra you are referring to are you???

Last edited by LVDell; 07-27-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 AM
87turbolook911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Dell...just sent you a pm.
Thanks!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:27 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the the JX10 and have a Treo 700.

Originally Posted by LVDell
I have a fantastic one that I am not going to use anymore. It is the Jabra BT800. Unbelieveable quality and I called my wife doing 60+ on the back roads with the top down and she heard not a hint of wind and I was loud and clear. In addition I can hear her just great. The volume on the headset if automatic which is really cool but you can also override with the volume level and increase it (or decrease it) manually.

However, if you have a treo 650 this headset sucks! It is hit or miss with connectivity. I didn't heed the warning of the treo forums b/c I thought I could handle the connectivy problems with the treo......this headset was worth that good! Apparently treo doens't have an update yet that will allow it to work with ALL headsets and the JabraBt800 is one of them.

that's not the Jabra you are referring to are you???
Old 07-27-2006, 11:30 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't think you'll get top down driving and clear conversations on phones no matter what you use. i have planetronics and it's best to keep conversation short and drive slower to keep wind noise down. use a windstop helps too.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:37 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry dj.....the Jabra BT800 with DSP allows just that! Top down, PSE wailing, and my conversation still ongoing. At that is even with it on my left ear.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:45 PM
clundin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning to get the Plantronics 510. Read about it on howardforums.com. Some cab drivers gave good feedback on it - its loud and has noice cancellation.

I've tried a couple of Motorola headsets that I ended up returning - not loud enough...

Quick Reply: Hey Cabrio drivers?