Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

I've decided on Hawk HPS...Vibration Dampeners and Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Gator911
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've decided on Hawk HPS...Vibration Dampeners and Sensors?

I am going to go with Hawk HPS, and I did a search, but what are your guys feelings on the vibration dampeners and wear sensors??

I don't track the car currently(Have only had it for a lil more than a month), but i would like to do 1 or 2 driving events in the next year...

I have no problems changing pads for the track...

I do not want squeel on the street though...

Can i reuse my dampeners on my car( i have them right?) and what needs to be done to fit the wear sensors?

Let me know the real world opinions guys, thanks!

-Keith
Old 07-14-2006, 06:40 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

The Hawk HPS will be fine for the street. I use them for both street and track events. You really won't stop the car faster with race pads. It's only the race pads don't absorb as much heat so when you're going lap after lap after lap it makes a difference because they will be working better. But for DE events they are more than adequate.

You're going to have to drill a hole in the pad to put the sensors in. I just zip tied them out of the way but still connected so the light stays off. I'd just drill a small hole in the pad and reinstall them. The vibration dampers I threw away. I don't see the point but you might want to keep them if you ever go back to the stock pads.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions let me know.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:52 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I have never installed the dampeners and in FACT have a full set in a box that went unused from the last time I changed my pads and stupidly ordered. But, in all fairness, I wanted to see if I was ok without them first and if I wanted them I would have them on hand. I have virtually no noise and I like being able to change pads quickly before track days. With them installed, PITA to remove the pads.

Sensors? As long as you check your brakes REGULARLY them you don't need them but is nice to ahve them as a safety measure "in case" you forget. Again, unless you track quite often, then don't risk being without them installed. Easy to drill a hole for them in the new aftermarket pads.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:57 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why not get textar or pagid pads so you don't have to drill holes for sensors? textar is oem.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

Low to No dust. I have them on my 964 and am about to put them on my 996. Great pads, no noise / no dust, stop great.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:15 PM
Gator911
Racer

I think i will forget about the sensors...And if the pads become noisy, i will isntall the dampeners, but not untill then...

I am in tune with my car enough to know when my brakes are going...

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: I've decided on Hawk HPS...Vibration Dampeners and Sensors?