Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   How Long Does It Take For Porsche To Build a 996/997 (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/278809-how-long-does-it-take-for-porsche-to-build-a-996-997-a.html)

RJMDAD996 06-08-2006 04:02 PM

How Long Does It Take For Porsche To Build a 996/997

Gents, My son asked me and I really do not know ? :typing:

Riad 06-08-2006 04:19 PM

As far as I know they are made by hand on a small mountain top in Germany. After each one is built they ring a giant bell on top of the mountain and pull it down by donkey to the local village where they celebrate all through the night with dance, song and plenty o' stein filled with hops.

After the festivities a local priest blesses each one on its journey to it's new home, and it's loaded into a giant sheepskin lined case and sent to America for a new start.

I believe this whole process takes about a year for each car... I'm trying to verify this.

JimB 06-08-2006 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by riad
As far as I know they are made by hand on a small mountain top in Germany. After each one is built they ring a giant bell on top of the mountain and pull it down by donkey to the local village where they celebrate all through the night with dance, song and plenty o' stein filled with hops.

After the festivities a local priest blesses each one on its journey to it's new home, and it's loaded into a giant sheepskin lined case and sent to America for a new start.

I believe this whole process takes about a year for each car... I'm trying to verify this.

:roflmao:

Unfortunately the RMS is installed by little Irishmen on St. Patrick’s day. :biggulp:

alex911s 06-08-2006 05:22 PM

90 Days from order, it think, wait that's the Cayenne Turbo,hmmm:D

Fast40th 06-08-2006 08:42 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Riad you just made my day... Boy did I get a great laugh on this one. I'll keep it in mind for when my son asks me the same question

:cheers:

bimmerbob 06-08-2006 09:23 PM

Not only are knowledgable about hockey but also about the birth of our fine vehicles. :cheers:

Riad 06-08-2006 09:32 PM

Really glad you guys have a sense of humor, it keeps us sane!!

Riad 07-08-2011 02:19 PM

Hope that answered your question RJ.

wyovino 07-08-2011 02:35 PM

You forgot the part about the Lady of the Lake anointing each new Porsche by laying the shining blade of Excalibur upon its hood crest.

Barn996 07-08-2011 02:38 PM

According to the air cooled owners...about 17 minutes for each water cooled Porsche.

soverystout 07-08-2011 02:47 PM

If you watch the Ultimate factories show on National Geographic where they went throught the Stuttgart facility, they may have mentioned it on the program.

babylonboots 07-08-2011 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by soverystout (Post 8697110)
If you watch the Ultimate factories show on National Geographic where they went throught the Stuttgart facility, they may have mentioned it on the program.

I think they LA dissemblers can take it apart in about 10 minutes, so I'd guess to put it together might take maybe 30 minutes or so.:cheers:

Dennis C 07-08-2011 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by soverystout (Post 8697110)

That was an awesome program.

Peter 642 07-08-2011 03:44 PM

After each one is built they ring a giant bell on top of the mountain and pull it down by donkey to the local village where they celebrate all through the night with dance
Adding my:roflmao:

SSST 07-08-2011 04:08 PM

I like Riad's version better. Need to add in elves though.