996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Something Very Cool Happened Today....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 04:33 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Post Something Very Cool Happened Today....

Bob Chapman - the "ace" photographer who has been supplying Rennlist with terrific Rennlist Cover pictures from The Racer's Group throughout this season - just posted this note to the Racing Discussion Board. It is well written - and echos all of our collective thoughts about this season. I would like to join Bob in congratulating both Kevin and The Racer's Group... WELL DONE TEAM..!!!!

If you would like to send a quick note to Kevin, Michael and the entire team - simply go here: <a href="http://boards.rennlist.com/cgi-bin/racing/racing.pl" target="_blank">Rennlist Racing Discussion Board...</a> (you do NOT need to pre-register to put up a post on that Board...!)

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S TRG on winning the Porsche Cup in 2002!!!

~~~ Bob's Post ~~~

With a third place finish Saturday evening in Miami, Kevin Buckler, team owner and driver for The Racer's Group, clinched the Porsche Cup for 2002. For those who don't know, the Porsche Cup is given to the most successful privateer Porsche racer each year. The list of former winners includes such notables as Gijs van Lennep, Erwin Kremer, Bob Wollek (x7), Jochen Mass, John Fitzpatrick, Price Cobb... Suffice it to say, in Porsche motorsport, it's a BIG DEAL.

On the Miami podium, Kevin sounded typically humble of his 2002 success. "I just hope I can live up to it," he said. A quick summary of his season indicates that living up to it should not be a problem: wins at the two biggest 24 hour races of the year (Le Mans and Daytona), two Grand-Am victories (Daytona and California), two ALMS victories (Mid-Ohio and Mosport), and eight consecutive ALMS podium finishes.

Closest to Kevin in the 2002 points chase is teammate, Michael Schrom. Schrom and Buckler have shared Grand-Am and ALMS podiums throughout the year. In fact, the two will share a seat this weekend at the ALMS season-ending Petit Le Mans.

If you are in the southeastern U.S., consider making the trek to Road Atlanta to root for the Rennlist sponsored #66 and #67 of The Racer's Group. I know Kevin considers your support throughout the season to be invaluable to his success this year. I feel privileged to have been a part of it all.
Old 10-08-2002, 03:04 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And thank you John (and Jen of course) for helping to make all this happen..Go Team!