Sponsored by:

Stead Porsche, WC, Calif.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 01:41 PM
dp35
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Stead Porsche, WC, Calif.

If anyone has experience with this dealership's service department, I have a question.

I've learned from various posts here and elsewhere that some dealers frown on people who track their cars, and some don't. When I say "frown", I mean they might try to use that as an excuse to not warranty certain problems that other dealers might. So how are they at Stead in regards to cars that have been tracked?

So far, my experiences with these guys have been good.

I have a relatively minor problem after my first DE, but it would be nice to know what to expect before I go in there.
Thanks
Old 10-07-2002, 01:58 PM
JayM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had nothing but good experiences there, including the replacement of the cooling tank which sprung a leak at a track event and boiled over on the way home. They replaced everything with no questions asked, even though I still had the harnesses, fire extinguisher and camera mount installed.

My only concern is that it is a small shop with a very limited area to store cars, so I wouldn't leave the car there if they have to order parts, etc. Take it in when they are ready to fix it, pick it up as soon as they are done.

Quick Reply: Stead Porsche, WC, Calif.