Sponsored by:

Rennsport Reunion 2001

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 12:04 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Post Rennsport Reunion 2001

Frankly - I'm not sure where to begin? All that comes to mind is "wow!", "fantastic!", "unbelievable!". In short, if you are impassioned by *anything* Porsche - Rennsport Reunion offered memories for a lifetime.

First - I would like to offer our warmest thanks to Brian and James Redman and the entire Intercontinental Events Staff. As well – none of this could have happened without all the Senior Executives and staff at Porsche Cars North America working to deliver what I’m confident will be known as the “Premier Porsche Event” of perhaps this decade. To bring together so many significant Porsche racecars and celebrity drivers is a Herculean task. And to keep everything running flawlessly for three days in an incredible achievement!

At our "best guess", pre-ticket sales indicated that there would be about 15,000 to 20,000 in attendance - a figure I wouldn't doubt for a moment. Simply amazing. To that point, I'll let the other comments being posted to the Web Boards and e-mail lists speak for themselves, and I look forward to posting some pictures on the opening page of Rennlist (https://rennlist.com) in just a bit. If the comments to the lists/Boards don't convince you this was the single most significant assembly of Porsche racecars ever - surely the pictures will convince you!

I would also like to say a special "THANKS" to the Rennlist Volunteers who made so much of this possible. They include Ellen Beck, Ray Beck, Amy Charpentier, Judy Hendrickson, Jim Amos, Reggie Potes, Paul Potes, Matt Romanowski, Hardy Trentini, and Stu Zeh. This are the folks who organized and worked many of the "thankless" jobs - like parking what are probably thousands of Porches in the Porsche Paddock, assisting with the Enduro, getting the race cars into their respective positions for the Sunday Concours by pushing them into place Sunday morning - and countless other little tasks. These are the names behind the faces that greeted you when you arrived in the Paddock or was looking over your Teams shoulder (with a stopwatch:-) for the Enduro. Or ran banners for the celebrity Parade. Or.. Well, you get the idea.. Our collective "Thanks!" for doing so many thankless chores throughout the event..

And to Bill Hodges and Suncoast Porsche - your support of the Rennlist Volunteers was terrific!! Suncoast Porsche paid for the food, some goodies and kept the RV "cool" for the few times we were able to gather there.. Thank you, Suncoast - and Bill Gregory and Jen will be announcing some TECH Quizzes soon where the prizes will be some neat "goodies" from Suncoast!

On a more personal note - to Bill Gregory, Joe, Jens, Bob, Jack - and many, many more who I personally had the opportunity to spend a few moments with - you are the folks that have turned a "technology" into much more then just a “website”, so it is to your credit that Rennlist has become the predominant Porsche community on the Internet.

Jen’s and my personal thanks to each and all of you,

John D.

Quick Reply: Rennsport Reunion 2001