Sponsored by:

aftermarket sway bars problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 07:46 PM
maomao911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Post aftermarket sway bars problem

Anyone here using aftermarket sway bars on their 996? I have the TRG GT3 sway bars, with H&R coilovers. The front is making a lot of noise, I suspect this is due to poor drop link design(u need different drop links with this bar) Anyone know of any fix?
Old 07-20-2001, 11:07 PM
Arthur
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, couldn't resist the screen name. Are you a cult member of the Deer Hunter movie club? Kidding aside, your problem, as well as many other 996 owners who have dropped their suspensions, is why I've hesitated to lower my car. I would love to reduce the gap between the FM10's and the fender, but the nightmare stories keep me from doing it. Let us know if you find a fix for it. I know my dealer's service dept will NOT repair the noises associated with the parts under warranty.
Old 07-20-2001, 11:14 PM
maomao911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi, couldn't resist the screen name. Are you a cult member of the Deer Hunter movie club?
dont even know what yo uare talking about

actually, it has nothing to do with the lowering of the car. I firmly believe it's the drop links problem. I used to run H&R lower srpings with 030 shocks, it's fine. Right now, my rear suspension, which uses drop links that comes with the H&R coilovers is perfectly fine, only the front, which uses TRG supplied drop links is making all the clunking noise. I'm wondering if other experienced the same problem and know of a supplier who sells "good" drop links.
thanks
Old 07-21-2001, 01:20 AM
Dan T.
Track Day

George, read my reply on the Traquest board. Your clamp nut on the drop links may be breaking loose...no biggy, your drop link should still work.
Old 07-21-2001, 03:52 AM
Arthur
Pro

Talking

Mao mao was the command given by the North Vietnamese general to the P.O.W.'s who had to play Russian Roulette in the movie Deer Hunter. Mao I believe stands for "shoot", or pull the trigger and blow your brains out.

Quick Reply: aftermarket sway bars problem