Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Best service dealership in NYC area?

Old 04-21-2006, 11:08 AM
GBG
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best service dealership in NYC area?

Hey New Yorkers: I'm in the City everyday for work (I live about 40 miles North of Manhattan) and would love (for convenience sake) to take my car for service to a dealership in the City. As far as I know, NYC's only Porsche dealership is Manhattan Motorcars (http://manhattan.porschedealer.com/index.php). Anybody have service experience there? I'd love to hear about it. Thanks. GBG

The next closest is Pepe and Prestige; I've gone to both. They're fine, but having a place in the City would still be easier for me.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Manhattan Motor Cars is it... and it's about $160/hr for labor. Unless you have a warranty item I would go to Pepe (where I go as well).
Old 04-21-2006, 01:15 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
Manhattan Motor Cars is it... and it's about $160/hr for labor. Unless you have a warranty item I would go to Pepe (where I go as well).
rennwerke in elmsford NY. Pepe takes cars there when they can't diagnose a problem. Ross
Old 04-21-2006, 03:38 PM
GBG
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm still under warranty, but of course that doesn't preclude non-covered items from being a fortune at Manhattan Motorcars. Thanks again.

Riad: I only just noticed that theres a cop car in the background of your avatar. Are you about to get ticketed in that shot? (you do look a little ticked off)
Old 04-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GBG
Thanks guys. I'm still under warranty, but of course that doesn't preclude non-covered items from being a fortune at Manhattan Motorcars. Thanks again.

Riad: I only just noticed that theres a cop car in the background of your avatar. Are you about to get ticketed in that shot? (you do look a little ticked off)
Yes I was pulled over in Tuxedo, NY for talking on my cell phone... just $100 ticket but it was a photo op with my cell phone.

Rob
Old 04-21-2006, 04:25 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rcg412
rennwerke in elmsford NY. Pepe takes cars there when they can't diagnose a problem. Ross
Is this true or just your speculation? It's good to know that there is a respected indy in the neighborhood if I'm ever in a pinch.

So far, I've had very good service at Pepe and they will drive you to the train station where you can easily get to Grand Central.

By the by, guys, when's the next tri-state meet? I'm still irked that I couldn't make the first one this year.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:49 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having tried them all and I have to say the Porsche of Roslyn has the best service. The sale dept is terrible but service is good. Talk to Lana.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:08 AM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by nycebo
Is this true or just your speculation? It's good to know that there is a respected indy in the neighborhood if I'm ever in a pinch.

So far, I've had very good service at Pepe and they will drive you to the train station where you can easily get to Grand Central.

By the by, guys, when's the next tri-state meet? I'm still irked that I couldn't make the first one this year.
Yes this is true; i also heard this was the case from a Porsche repair place in brooklyn... my guess is Pepe probably takes older cars over (964/993) over to Rennwerke.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldn't go to pepe porsche. terrible experiences and i'm not the only one.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Hey Moogle, I got your IM the other day, let's definitely plan a NY area get together this May... anyone?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best service dealership in NYC area?