Thanks to you all - First 911

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 04:48 PM
taffy320
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thanks to you all - First 911

Hi all

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the advice that you have posted on these forums. I have just picked up my first 911 Carrera - 2003 Seal Grey C2, Metropole Blue Interior, Bose & Sports Exhaust with 22K miles. What a car!!! I haven't stopped driving it for the last 24hrs

It has taken a few months to track 'my' C2 down as I have read all the advice regarding C2/C4/C4S, sports exhaust and bose. All I can say is that the sports exhaust must be the best option fitted to the carrera! I have heard it from inside the car (as the stereo off most of the time!) and also drive past me! I can only echo previous posts ....don't even dwell over the upgrade if your 911 hasn't got it....it's a must! Please accept one downside though - You will spend ages hunting down tunnels and narrow streets!

However, within three hours, I had noted the dampening effect of the PSE relay at 25-45mph and had to remove the 'relay diode' and fit a replacement diode and a switch. The effect is very obvious and is an essential mod! (...and cheap at £2!)

Re Bose : The bose sound system although not overly powerful does have pretty good bass . I have owned a boxster S for three years fitted with the Porsche upgraded sound package and the bose is leaps ahead of it.

In the process of fitting my HCA-200 car kit / Sony Erricson P910i (with Tom Tom and UK speed camera database) as todays project. It is wired through a small speaker as an intermediate step but I will route it through the front speakers using the telephone 'pin' inputs on the CDR-23 (Pins 7 and 12) when I get some spare time. Just have to track down that switched 12v lead now.

Anyway...off out for another spin (PSM on...before you ask) - Just for the sake of it!

Cheers
Attached Images  

Last edited by taffy320; 03-30-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet Ride>>>
I have PSE as aftermarket without the switch, so its always on. And I love to come to stop signs, lights, slow for passing squirrels, etc just to hear that great growl when you start from near stop....

NIce tips too.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:26 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts

Congratulations on a beautiful car! These cars are highly addictive; can't stop driving mine either especially since the weather turned nice. I'm in the process of putting in a motorola bluetooth kit too. Have you considered using the Becker CDR-23 Phone input cable (BNA-116.276)? Apparently it makes hooking it all up and using the phone mute feature a breeze; it's $17 USD. I'm just waiting to recieve mine to hook it all up.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:01 AM
taffy320
Intermediate

Thanks for the tip Pongobaz. I hadn't heard of that cable or method so I will do some digging to get some more info on it. Any idea where you ordered it from? I guess it was directly from Becker?

Off away for three days so I will be suffering withdrawl symptoms I think Still in honeymoon week...month....
Old 03-31-2006, 02:25 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Is that your garage? Wow! That is sweet MORE PICS!!!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:59 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by taffy320
Thanks for the tip Pongobaz. I hadn't heard of that cable or method so I will do some digging to get some more info on it. Any idea where you ordered it from? I guess it was directly from Becker?
Here's their weblink: http://www.beckerautosound.com/ and then go to "What's New". There is an 800 number you can call.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:26 AM
taffy320
Intermediate

Pongobax - Nice one. Thanks

lvdell - I wish!!! The pic was taken just before I drove it away from the showroom of the dealer

Quick Reply: Thanks to you all - First 911