Sponsored by:

New to Forum, Pics of My C4...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 12:47 AM
Bulldog
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New to Forum, Pics of My C4...

Hey everybody, I am new to the forum here and wanted to introduce myself and my car. I just got her 2 months ago. She is a 2000 C4 Coupe, with Factory Aerokit. I bought her with 9,047 miles, from a dealer who sold/bought it back from a 56 year old doctor who changed the oil every 2,000 miles and even did the 15,000 mile service at 9,000 miles before he traded it in on a new Range Rover 4.6 (?!?!?!?!!!!) Anyway, I have always wanted a Porsche since I was 14 (31 now) and here she is. I put on clear side markers, H&R Springs, Bilsteins all around, with Fikse FM-5 wheels (18X8 front w/225/40ZR18 P-Zeroes, 18X10 rear with 285/30 ZR18 P-Zeroes), also check out the center caps (3rd picture...they add a great touch!), I tinted the windows (not too dark/still legal), had a Valentine one installed in the rear view mirror (awesome!), Put on a Fabspeed exhaust, BMC Air Filter, B&M shifter, and Techart Pedals. Next week she is getting Fabspeed headers, Cold air intake, and a Unichip mapped out for my car. I will also be putting the car on the dyno both before and after and will post the results here.

<a href="http://communities.msn.com/TheFrischers/newporschepics.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=218" target="_blank">http://communities.msn.com/TheFrischers/newporschepics.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2 18</a>

<a href="http://communities.msn.com/TheFrischers/newporschepics.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=221" target="_blank">http://communities.msn.com/TheFrischers/newporschepics.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2 21</a>
Old 03-20-2002, 01:25 AM
Dima
Track Day

Thumbs up

Bulldog,

Your car looks awesome...I'm thoroughly jealous. I am new to the board and have a '99 C2 that I am about to have some fun with. I have been thinking about most of the upgrades you listed so it's great to see them in one package. I have been indecisive on the factory aero kit in combination with lowering the car. I am worried that it will be a pain to drive on the street with such low clearance. Do you have problems with driveways, speed bumps, etc.?

Dima
Old 03-20-2002, 01:40 AM
Bulldog
Cruisin'

Thanks for the compliments!

Although lowering the car makes it difficult getting into/out of steep driveways I have found it easy to adapt to coming into and out of all driveways on an angle. Every once in a while I scrape the lower lip of the front bumper but it is so insignificant and plus it just unscrews and you can get it repainted anywhere for less than $100.

I find that any car looks better lowered, just not "Slammed", my car is 2 inches lower than stock and a C4 rides about 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher than a C2 in stock form from what I have been told.

No problems with speed bumps at all, even though I do my best to avoid them since there are barely any where I live.

One thing about the Aerokit; when I first saw the 996, I was not too impressed with its design. I was a big 930/993 fan. However, after seeing a 996 with an Aerokit and Speedline wheels in Speed Yellow on a trip to Florida, I was bitten. This car just doesn't look right without an Aerokit in my opinion. It's what truly seperates the car visually from the Boxster, and its functional to boot!
Old 03-20-2002, 09:54 AM
Jim Sloves
Rennlist Member

Shu-wing!!!!!
Old 03-20-2002, 10:02 AM
Andreas.
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

hey Bulldog, Welcome on board and congrats with your 996!!I been thinking to install only the aero side skirts!
Old 03-20-2002, 10:22 AM
bloke
Racer

bilstein ,

I dont think a full aero kit is for me either. I would just love get a sideskirt.

So, if anyone just has the sideskirts. Can you guys post the pics.

TIA
Old 03-20-2002, 11:48 AM
SICAONE
Racer

Question

Bulldog,
How tough is it to adjust the wing? I have the aerokit also. I was able to easily remove the wing but coudn't figure out how to reposition it and refasten it.
Thanks, John
Old 03-20-2002, 02:41 PM
Bulldog
Cruisin'

I didn't adjust the wing myself, the dealer did it at my request. It took them about 2 minutes....

While I can see the Aerokit is not for everyone, just putting on the skirts makes the car look funny. Those stick on tabs they put on the side of the rear bumper cover are too tacky as well. However the front bumper with skirts alone do add a nice touch in my opinion.

Bilstein, the first thing you gotta do is get some rims! They change the look of the car more than anything else. Keep your stock wheels and put slicks on them for the track. Thats what I did...(just another of my .02!)
Old 03-20-2002, 04:18 PM
MikeG
Rennlist Member

Good looking car Bulldog;

Just to let you know, those GT rear trim pieces are not just stuck on..they have like 15 bolts (exageration..but there are alot) holding them on....so once you have them installed, you are pretty much committed to keeping them (unless you like the swiss cheese look ).

Good luck with the car!

Mike
'02 C4S
Old 03-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Bulldog
Cruisin'

No cheese pleez!!!

Thanks for the info. Regardless of how many bolts they use, I still think they look like they're attached with double-sided tape! Thanks...

Thinking about putting in a GT3 Big-Red Brake System ($4200 + install), along with a center mounted GT3 Radiator.....

....and yes I will be doing DE in the car.....
Old 03-21-2002, 05:00 PM
SICAONE
Racer

Bloke, I got a private message from you a while back and responded to it about my aerokit. Check it when you get a chance,
John
Old 03-25-2002, 08:26 AM
BOX 99R
Intermediate

car looks great I hope you enjoy it as ido mine
could you send me info on the valentine it would be appreciated
oreganair@bigpond.com.au
greg
Old 03-25-2002, 12:59 PM
Andreas.
Pro

""Bilstein ,
I dont think a full aero kit is for me either. I would just love get a sideskirt.
So, if anyone just has the sideskirts. Can you guys post the pics.""

Hi Bloke,
Here's a pic of a 996 without the rear Aero wing,only the Aero sideskirts and the front.
Sorry for the bad quality of the pic!
..I prefer in this way !

<a href="http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/por996sidesKrt.jpg" target="_blank">http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/por996sidesKrt.jpg</a>
Old 03-25-2002, 01:15 PM
bloke
Racer

bilstein,

Thanks for the photo and now that is what i been looking for. Makes it look more like a C4S and not a GT3. Nice car btw did you lower the car at all. Seems lower then my stock.

TIA
Old 03-27-2002, 09:22 AM
Andreas.
Pro

Smile

Bloke,
sorry for the late reply, Yes my car has been lowered a bit by the first owner.
You got the eye!

Bulldog:
firstable I'll change the rims ..in fact i did a mistake buying a set of '17 (993style..) wich ones i will resale to buy a turbolook '18 1 Then the sideskirts then...!

Regards.

Quick Reply: New to Forum, Pics of My C4...