Sponsored by:

kerbed wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 12:00 PM
dom4471
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy kerbed wheels

my wife (bless her) has just advised she has badly kerbed one of the rear wheels - she was stopped halfway up a steep ramp in and underground carpark (with painted floor) and it had been raining for several days so surface wet mixed with oil/petrol/grease. she had the handbrake on went to move off with maybe a touch to many revs and the back wheels broke free until the t/control cut in but by this time she had slid sidways into the kerb. abt 20-30 pct of the wheel rim has been chewed. question is i have read some threads on other forums abt getting these kerbed sections repaired - these repairs are they only temp measure and will lead to probs down the line? is it better just to buy new wheel??

thoughts appreciated
Old 06-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dom; sorry about the kerb, but wish you had spared us the details, especially the part that blames it on your wife.

I've never had kerb rash (we get curb rash over here), but understand that such repairs to alum wheels are proper and permanent, assuming you have it done at a good wheel repair shop. Find a good place in Monaco (wow, really?), and compare the quoted repair price to the price of a new wheel. Then do whatever you would feel most comfortable doing.
Old 06-11-2002, 04:25 AM
dom4471
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jim thanks yrs

to be fair to my wife she prangs the wheels i do the body work - owise she is great driver - will see if i can get local co to do the wheels

Quick Reply: kerbed wheels