Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Minor Mods - bumperplugs, clears, VW flashlight - common ones but with lots of photos

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 AM
xraydoc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor Mods - bumperplugs, clears, VW flashlight - common ones but with lots of photos

Finally had some time to play tonight. I think these mods are like a "gateway drug". You start out with the light stuff and before you know it you and the UPS guy are on a first name basis.

#1 - Bumperplugs. I got the cheap ones from Suncoastmotorsports.com for 9.95. I wish I had listened to the previous post on this topic and gotten the real ones. Oh well - these will do but are a little unfinished as you can see from the pics.

#2 Clear corners. I really like the look of these. They really seem to look smoked rather than clear but they are the original factory part so I guess that just how they look.

#3 The VW led flashlight. The previous owner lost the lighter so I had an empty hole. Paid $30 off ebay. I felt kind of stupid buying this when you can buy an led for $5 but the little thing is so cool - what a great idea - I just had to have one.

Anyway, on to the photos.
Attached Images          
Old 02-21-2006, 02:38 AM
Mitty
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! You can easily go monochromatic and replace the hood emblem with a silver one. It would kinda match your wheel centers.
I got the eBay VW flashlight too, but I had to replace the receptacle with a newer model year in order to make it fit. It does come in handy.

Well done!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Chris 996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your garage wall looks like something you would find at Home Depot or Lowes.

I think the emblem compliments your interior color. You may want the color crest wheel centers.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:40 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Very nice. Stop now, or you'll get hooked. Once you hit 5 mods, then it's too late!!!

Quick Reply: Minor Mods - bumperplugs, clears, VW flashlight - common ones but with lots of photos