Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

thinking of changing 964 for new 996 (long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 03:24 PM
greg1234
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riccardo -

I went through a similar thought process. But you probably know my views on the 996 - I wasn't impressed at all (no offence intended to current or future 996 owners).

First question - have you tried one yet? Get a few test drives and see what you think. Once the novelty of driving one has worn off you may find you like yours better.

In terms of costs etc - the depreciation will probably cost more than the money you will spend on maintenance. Both are high; one is higher..

I think you should try a couple out and see if you like them. You could also try a Boxster S - don't believe the utter bollocks about it not being a proper Porsche. It's similar to the 996 in many ways, but feels quite different (I thought it was a lot more fun to drive).

So go try a few out from a friendly independent and see how you feel afterwards.

And if you *still* want a change then buy my T3.6 - all the speed, sight and sound you'll ever want...
Old 05-28-2002, 12:43 PM
Ajit Taunque
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riccardo

To satisfy your curiosity, test drive one. I test drove one, and came close to placing an order - probably would have been a C4S. On the second of two lenghthy test drives, I saw a polar silver 993 on the road and thought to myself, gosh that looks nice. That made my mind up to keep my current polar silver 993! Didn't want to spend £30k plus my car and end up with a car, whilst very impressive is IMHO nevertheless what I felt to be a lot less fun to drive than my 993.

Quick Reply: thinking of changing 964 for new 996 (long)